Thread: e30

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

e30

hey guys my 98 12disk changer wont read cds and give me the e30? what teh hell is that error. thanks.
    Last edited by shady milkman; 06-11-2007 at 08:53 PM.

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

most common error - not usually a big deal

EDIT: I realize I don't need to post all of these -- but if someone searches "CD error" or something, this may be helpful.

-------------------------------------------------

Error Messages

Cassette Errors

E10 : Tight tape error
    Cause: A restricted cassette tape transport or broken cassette drive belt
    Correction: Substitute a different cassette tape. If there still is an error code, service the unit at an ACDelco® Service Center.

E11 : Broken Tape Error
    Cause: A broken cassette tape
    Correction: Substitute a different cassette tape

E12 : Communication Error
    Cause: A vehicle/radio communication problem or an internal radio communication problem
    Correction: Disconnect the battery voltage to the radio then reconnect after a few minutes. If there still is an error, service the unit at an ACDelco® Service Center.

E13 : Tape Communication Error
    Cause: The micro-processor is reading the speed pulses from the tape deck either too fast or too slow.
    Correction: If the tape player is still playing a cassette, try a new cassette. If there is still an error, service the unit at an ACDelco® Service Center.

E14 : Wrapped Tape
    Cause: The tape is wrapped around the capstan. This means a tape is wound up in the tape player. This error message could appear when a CD adapter is being used. Other causes could be old or damaged tapes. Long playing (90 or 120 minute) tapes are thin and can stretch easily creating this condition.
    Correction: Try playing a known good quality tape. Remove the CD adapter.

Cln Tape Indicator
    Cause: This message appears after 50 hours of accumulated tape play.
    Correction: We suggest cleaning the tape head. Then reset the radio by depressing the eject button for five seconds. Cleaning the heads will not reset the "Cln" display. To reset the "Cln" display, push and hold the eject button for five seconds. The display will return to its normal display.

CD Errors
    E20 : Focus Error
    Cause: The CD player cannot focus on the disc or there is an internal focus problem.
    Correction: Try cleaning the disc or using a new disc. Make sure the disc is loaded correctly. The road could be too rough or there is too much humidity. If the problem is not corrected, service the unit at an ACDelco® Service Center.

E21 : Tracking Error
    Cause: There is a problem with reading the disc
    Correction: Try cleaning the disc or using a new disc. Make sure the disc is loaded correctly. The road could be too rough or there is too much humidity. If there is still an error, service the unit at an ACDelco® Service Center.

E22 : Motor Error
    Cause: The CD motor is not handling the compact disc properly.
    Correction: Service or exchange the unit at an ACDelco® Service Center.

E23 : Communications Error
    Cause: There is a vehicle/radio communication problem or an internal radio communication problem.
    Correction: Disconnect battery voltage to the radio and then reconnect after a few minutes. If there is still an error, send the unit to an ACDelco® Service Center.

---

CD Changer Errors

E30 : Focus Error
    Cause: The CD player cannot focus on the disc or there is an internal focus problem.
    Correction: Try cleaning the disc or using a new disc. Make sure the disc is loaded correctly (label side down). The road could be too rough or there is too much humidity. If there is still an error, service the unit at an ACDelco® Service Center.

E31 : Tracking Error
    Cause: There is a problem with reading the disc.
    Correction: Try cleaning the disc or try using a new disc. Make sure the disc is loaded correctly (label side down). The road could be too rough or there is too much humidity. If there is still an error, service the unit at an ACDelco® Service Center.

E32 : Motor Error
    Cause: The CD motor is not handling the compact disc properly or defective magazine mounting screws are interfering with the mechanism.
    Correction: Reload the magazine. If there is still a problem, replace the magazine. If the problem continues, back out the mounting screws. If the condition is corrected, replace the screws with shorter screws or add washers to the existing screws. If this condition still exists, service the unit at an ACDelco® Service Center.

E33 : CD Changer Communication Error
    Cause: There is a vehicle/radio communication problem or internal radio communication problem.
    Correction: Disconnect battery voltage to the radio and then reconnect after a few minutes. If there is still an error, determine if the problem is with the radio, the harness or the changer. Inspect for correct voltage at all connectors. If there is still an error, service the unit at an ACDelco® Service Center.

E34 : Changer Door Open

E35 : Changer Magazine Empty

98' trans am

thanks man.

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Go with an Ipod. One thing I noticed, even with the anti-skip of my 6-disc changer, if there were continual bumps in the road, the changer would eventually start skipping the CDs. Ipod eliminated this whole problem. Plus, I don't have to shuffle with multiple cds. (just my .02 cents)

98' trans am

i have my ipod and a fm transmitter. i listen to both.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i love my 12 disc changer

Thread Information