Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Red
    01 Z28

race him now its not gonna matter its a mustang? its a easy win

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

well, I raced him just now. and, I kicked his ass. twice. We were even up to 40, but after that I just walked right by him, at the end of each time he was a good 3 cars behind me. He didn't want to race for money yet, so I said, what the hell, race now, no money, race in a month for 20 bucks and a car wash. It was good times, no hard feelings.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Forget $50, tell him you want to blow your load in his woman. Now, that's a bet!!!
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

he's single. haha

red
    2001 ss camaro

dude the ls1 will smoke that ford...just get you a good stall converter and transmission cooler and you'll launch like hell

red
    2001 ss camaro

i've never been beaten by a mustang..ive raced a few but it wasnt much of a race..

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    I'm gonna try and make it 50 bucks. muahahaha
    if yours is an ls1 (judging by your pic it is) you will pull on him and he will drop the clutch and spin for an extra few seconds

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

ya, they were both good races. he suprised me on his launches, he got pretty good really fast, and he actually beat me off the line due to tire spin. I had a hard time getting traction, and it was my first race. But I did beat him both times. right now he's looking at stuff to make his car faster for next month.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

The GT stayed with you early because it has a significant gearing advantage that essentially makes up for the large HP disadvantage. However, once he gets out of 1st gear (ie...around 40 mph), things start to change drastically in your favor - as you no doubt noticed.

ya, they were both good races. he suprised me on his launches, he got pretty good really fast, and he actually beat me off the line due to tire spin. I had a hard time getting traction, and it was my first race. But I did beat him both times. right now he's looking at stuff to make his car faster for next month.
    you should have made it a close race so he thinks he has a chance, i believe they call this "sandbagging" on pinks

Blue
    04 Mach 1

gts require a lot to make them fast. I ran on one with full bolt ons and a vortech and i beat him by over a car in the 1/8. that is when i just had a catback and cai. However, if he decides to get some nitrous then it will be a different story for you. Then again it will take him a 50 -75 shot to get to 320 rwhp.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I asked him about nitrous, he said he wont do it since he doesn't want to risk frying his engine.

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    a guy at my school just got a '02 GT Mustang, and he is always showing off his exhaust and stuff, so I have challenged him to a race for 20 bucks. He accepted it and we're gonna race in a month. It's his first car with a manual, so he still needs to get used to driving it. I asked him what he's done to it and he said he has a flowmaster exhaust with a X-pipe, a chip, and cold air induction. he thinks he has around 310 hp right now but I think that's bs. but either way I still have more power. I'm pretty sure I can beat him.
    why waste your time man?..lol jkjk good kill
    Last edited by NiteRiderWs6; 05-03-2007 at 04:45 AM.

pink!!! haha
    Mustang Gt

good race..mach1..what you ave done to your mach..i've beaten a couple of machs in a race...aren't u only 315ish stock??fill me in..

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

well, I raced him just now. and, I kicked his ass. twice. We were even up to 40, but after that I just walked right by him, at the end of each time he was a good 3 cars behind me. He didn't want to race for money yet, so I said, what the hell, race now, no money, race in a month for 20 bucks and a car wash. It was good times, no hard feelings.
    Cheating hint: If you're racing somebody that you're going to race again NEVER get more than 1/2 to 1 car ahead. Like was said before, this is called sandbagging, but it's done all the time in $$$ races, especially in BIG money races. This is how I used to take $$$ from guys multiple times.

Another hint: Stay just a bumper ahead so they think they have a chance and run again for double or nothing. I used this tactic to turn a $200 race that I'd won into $400 one night.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

damn, I wish I'd thought of that. It's funny, today at school he was telling everyone how he's gonna do a bunch of stuff to his car to try and beat me. I'm looking forward to it. If he can get his car to beat me, I wouldn't mind giving him 20 bucks to make up for the hundreds he'd have to drop. haha

white
    2002 z28

you used my car wash line!!! ha thats funny, good job thoe kid

Blue
    04 Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by ChatmanGt View Post
    good race..mach1..what you ave done to your mach..i've beaten a couple of machs in a race...aren't u only 315ish stock??fill me in..
    stock the mach 1 is rated at 310hp at the crank.
    Last time i had my car on the dyno i mad 316hp with 340 ftlbs. That was with headers, o/r x pipe, cai, 4.10s, ud pullies, and a tune. My car was running 12.5 @110 in the 1/4.
    Currently th car is in the shop, forging the bottom end, putting some cams in and adding a little (17-18 psi) boost.
    sadly the motor is costing me 6k or more.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1Mustang View Post
    stock the mach 1 is rated at 310hp at the crank.
    Last time i had my car on the dyno i mad 316hp with 340 ftlbs. That was with headers, o/r x pipe, cai, 4.10s, ud pullies, and a tune. My car was running 12.5 @110 in the 1/4.
    Currently th car is in the shop, forging the bottom end, putting some cams in and adding a little (17-18 psi) boost.
    sadly the motor is costing me 6k or more.

Holy hell....monster Mach 1 right there

pink!!! haha
    Mustang Gt

the mach is going to be a beast...i dunno how i beat one from a roll when i raced him...maybe he couldn't drive or the full exhaust really helps..he was stock though too

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information