Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

squeking and creaking

Just bought the wife a 02 Anniversary Z28. Can somebody pls pls pls tell me how to get rid of the creaking noises you hear coming from the ass end when going over bumps or even getting out of the car. HELP Oh and is there any way to reset the change oil light?? I did a synthetic oil change on it about 2 weeks ago and the light came on today...WTF?

1999 Chevy Camaro

I would also like to know what that is!! I first thought it was the spare tire... nope. Now I'm thinking it's the muffler. Wish I had an answer to that as well.

As for the "Oil Light", check your manual. In the index it should be listed under oil. I think... I'm at work so I don't have access to my book. I think it's like put the car in run and hold down the miles indicator stick for about a min. untill it flashes and goes off. Check the book it's there. I always have to look it up after I have the oil changed, lol.

Rob

Navy Blue Metallic (NBM)
    2002 Camaro SS

Heheh... The welcome to F-Body ownership! Our car creaks and squeaks and rattles, but that is all with having the earth rumbling LS1!

We accept it is a Camaro and not a BMW... I still would not trade it for the world, it is part of the character of our cars! Heheh...

sonnyred
    Sounds like you need to replace your bushings.

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

Question sqeaking

Thank you for the welcome back. This is actually my 3rd F-body, owned a 94 Firebird, an 01 WS6, and now a 02 Z28. They have all squeaked and creaked like that but it hasn't bothered me until now. I guess if it's bushings that's easy. Would it be the sway bar bushings??

sonnyred
    Put the car on ramps,emergency on and chock in front. Get a two foot dowel and place it to your ear and the bushing while a buddy pushes down on the rear end. Better yet if you have a stethyscope that would be better. Caution take precautions,make sure the car is secured.I DONT WANT YOU IN THE OBITS.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Does your car have an Aftermarket exhaust?? i had a flowmaster CB put on mine and the dumb-@$$ did something and it makes all kinds of noise also your lower control arm bushings may be bad, mine went already and my 00 ss only has 29000 on it and never seen snow or rain

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

The oil light is just reminding you to change your oil. Turn the ignition to the on position(right before you start the car) and press and hold in the trip reset button until the oil light goes out.

As for the creeks...could be anything. Are there any aftermarket suspension parts with rod ends on it?

On a side note...any and every Fbody should have a good set of sub-frame connectors...get 'em

Eric @ DMS
    I'm assuming you're talking about inside the car? If so, welcome to the plaque of the F-bodies with T-tops. To prevent them (squeeks and rattles) from happening you're best bet is to install SFCs. This also goes for getting rid of a lot of the squeeks and rattles you already have. Many of our customers experience this and once we sell them SFCs...they're much happier.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

SFCs do get rid of nearly all of the squeaks and rattles. Get 'em. You won't regret it.

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

are they expensive?

Eric @ DMS
    Not really. We've always been selling our weld in SFCs (2 pt) for $129. Drop me an email if you have any questions.

Red
    2000 SS

If you don't have SFCs, then get some. As far as the creaking, rear sway bar bushings (properly installed) will do the trick. If you have a stock 19mm bar, the part number is 10224232

b52bomber
    I have a 2000 SS and it sounds like hatch is creaking. I do not have t-tops. Help.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

I would think the creaking sound is coming from the bushings and not the hatch.

Red
    2000 SS

The hatch "could" be a source, but I agree that by description it sounds like the bushings. I changed mine in less than 10 minutes and it was the cause.

If you can verify the squeak is from the hatch, a light coat of dielectric grease on the weatherstrip will work for that.

Let us know how it goes.

ONYX BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

SubFrame connectors.................!!!!!!!!!!!!since day one.

My 2000 SS has 66,000 miles .......nary a squeekkkkkkk..............

Have fun

sonnyred
    2000ss no sqeeks or creeks and i mave t-tops but going sfc and lca.

Thread Information