Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

&^ Lmao that was a good one

NBM
    98 trans am

i was riding with my friend in his black 98 trans am and we were racing a cobalt SS, and the speed limit was 40 and there were tons of cops out, its the usual racing spot. anyways we hit about 90 and saw cop lights fly out of no where, so we turned off the headlights and flew into a neighborhood, my friend who was cruisin behind us said the cop flew in after us but we never saw him we lost him so bad haha

SOM
    2002 firebird formula

ive ran twice, the best was the last time, i had my formula for about a month and was coming home from work one night when i see an 05- 06 Mustang GT stuck straight up my ass, im in no mood to race so i move over and let him do his ricer fly by, only he slows down and does it again, now im startin to get pissed, well he does it again except this time i dont let him go, i downshift to 3rd pull him by a car 4th another car and shut it down at about 90, we come to a red light and he gets behind me, light turns green and we start out again, take a right onto another 2 lane road and sure enough he gets right next to me, we line up doin about 30 and take off, i pulled on him again by 2 or 3 lengths and i look down to see how fast im goin, 105 in a 45, as i look back to the road i see a beat cop facing the other way flip his lights and attempt to come out, luckily for us, about 30 cars come by and lock him in, i realize this is a sign, so i downshift again, get up to 130 or so and then remember i have to get off the road soon, so i slow down and attempt to take a right but i overshoot, so i come to the next left, cut off a couple cars and take off again, take some back roads and end up parking in a church were i left my car for 3 days. I called my roommate to come pick me up and we drove back were myself and the mustang we racing and there were 4 patrol cars on each side of the road! the biggest adrenalin rush of my life!!
    theres no replacement for displacement

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

i had a sheriff alomost turn in front of me as i was coming out of a corner,it was so close we alomast touched mirrors....well he took exception to this i guess and flipped the car around and as he did i hit the gas(i already had a real good jump on him)i hit the intersection to the hiway and there was no traffic so i flew across and turned on a side road flipped my truck around and acted like i was just then coming down that road as i get to the interesection where i had just turned down he comes flying by and i turned and went back the way i came from....when i look in my mirror i see him doing a starsky and hutch move so i just kept creeping along like nothing was up and when i got to the main hiway again i turn on it,he did not follow.....well i get back to the other end of the side road that loops around and there he is!he followed me home but never stopped me

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 02Ls1Formula View Post
    ive ran twice, the best was the last time, i had my formula for about a month and was coming home from work one night when i see an 05- 06 Mustang GT stuck straight up my ass, im in no mood to race so i move over and let him do his ricer fly by, only he slows down and does it again, now im startin to get pissed, well he does it again except this time i dont let him go, i downshift to 3rd pull him by a car 4th another car and shut it down at about 90, we come to a red light and he gets behind me, light turns green and we start out again, take a right onto another 2 lane road and sure enough he gets right next to me, we line up doin about 30 and take off, i pulled on him again by 2 or 3 lengths and i look down to see how fast im goin, 105 in a 45, as i look back to the road i see a beat cop facing the other way flip his lights and attempt to come out, luckily for us, about 30 cars come by and lock him in, i realize this is a sign, so i downshift again, get up to 130 or so and then remember i have to get off the road soon, so i slow down and attempt to take a right but i overshoot, so i come to the next left, cut off a couple cars and take off again, take some back roads and end up parking in a church were i left my car for 3 days. I called my roommate to come pick me up and we drove back were myself and the mustang we racing and there were 4 patrol cars on each side of the road! the biggest adrenalin rush of my life!!
    WOW!

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

A cop's perspective

I'm gonna throw a twist on this thread from the cop's perspective of losing one.

I was a rookie on midnight shift (early '87), and my training officer let me drive every night. He usually nodded off about 0100. Well, one night I'm on an old country road and I see an '85 or so Mustang pull out and get on it about 1/4 mile ahead of me. I speed up and try to catch up with him. The road has some straightaways and some significant curves. On the straights, I can't catch up, but in one section of curves, I could close the distance somewhat. I wasn't running blue lights or siren, and my training officer, Gary, was still asleep up to this point. Well, now I'm pretty confident I am gonna get close enough in the next set of curves to get this guy's plate and light him up, so if he runs, I'll be visiting his house later. Now my cockiness (I admit it) takes over and I go in really hot to the next set of switchbacks. I enter in to the inside of the curve and let inertia bleed off by taking it wide going out while fade brakes into the curve, releasing mid-curve and applying power coming out. Well the first time, it brought Gary to semi-conscienceness, and he looked up as I was going into the next curve at a speed WAY over normal. Gary damn near broke the seat as he jerked up and gasped!!! Then he said, "What the hell are you doing boy?!!!" I told him I was trying to catch the Mustang in front of us. He looked at it (still about fifty yards ahead) and made a decision that he didn't trust me enough to continue. He told me to back the hell off, and I was forced to comply. The Mustang got away, although I never knew if he was really trying to run or just letting 'er rip.

Truth be known, if I had stopped him and he was cool, I would have just gave him a word of prayer and let him go. He was a pretty good driver, and the '86 5.8L Crown Vic I was driving was NOT a match for the power he had.

Now prior to being a cop, I did indeed run from a few. But I will never go further on that subject!!!

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

That was actually a great story, now do us a favor and forget our tricks!

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    That was actually a great story, now do us a favor and forget our tricks!

I wrote my last traffic ticket in 1992. Now I only deal with felons.

No worries here!!!

nbm
    00SS

Twice and wont do it again.

White
    1994 300ZX Twin Turbo

Some good stories!

I was in a hurry to get home one night, coming off a higher speed limit highway, (one known in MD for people to cruise fairly fast on), to another highway. Coming around the ramp having to slow down bigtime due to some guy crawling along about 35mph on this wide sweeping ramp (one that you could easily do triple the limit on). Starting to get frustrated, impatient as I was trying to get home I punched it around him as soon as the ramp merged with the highway. Finished out 2nd, shifted to 3rd and ran through it for a second. Right as I'm about to let out I see a silhouette of a crown vic on the shoulder, lights off. I had shifted right as I saw him and It was already to late, the HKS BOV cracked nice and loud right by his door (lol... craappp..) as I swept passed him doing over 90~mph. I immediately saw him turn his parking lights on and move out onto the highway 2 cars behind me. I threw it back into 3rd and punched it at this point, glad to have the quiet stock exhaust still on the car. Luckily the car he was stuck behind was poking quite a bit slower then he wanted to go and I was able to pull a couple football fields on him in a short amount of time. At this point I saw the lights flick on and he moved around the car in front.

At this point I see the off ramp coming up for a familier 4 lane road, I skipped the first ramp and instead took the second one which curved around underneath the current highway I was on. Instead of getting off at this spot I remembered the ramp curly cued its way back around but split to give the driver the option of connecting back onto the previous highway going the same direction. Held the car as tight as I could around the ramp, punched it down the small merge straight under the bridge, stayed on the ramp which put me back on the highway I just flew off of, same direction and everything. Back on the highway still proceeding home, I brought it back down to 3-5 mph above the limit and cruised the rest of the way home, never saw him get on after me.

Fortunate on that day I guess.

black
    1999 Trans Am

one day me and two of my friends were riding to go look at this truck and we were on the highway and i was in my 98 trans am anyway there was some guy that was in front of me drivin slower than dirt so i stomped it and flew by him at about 95 mph but there was a cop down the road in like one of those new srt4's that picked me up, he started to come after me and i punched it passed like 6 cars in a row i was goin like 130 and i went down some crazy backroads, needless to say he never caught me gotta love them ls1's

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

you guys down in Lousianna got srt-4 cop cars??? ARE THEY STOCK???

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Back in '77 I was having girlfriend problems and couldnt sleep so I decided to go smoke one around 2:30am. Ended up driving down Sara Jane road which is the back road to my high school and the fog was so thick I just parked in the old turn around that wrapped around a huge oak tree next to the side of the road. Like I said the fog was thick as hell and as I sat there with my smoke I suddenly saw a pair of headlights about 20 feet in front of me rolling about 10 miles per hour and this cop was just as surprised to see me as I was him. I started my car and punched it, swallowed my smoke, rolled through 1st,2nd,3rd,4th without ever turning on my lights, I couldnt see shit but I knew this road like the back of my hand, I never saw his lights again. My heart was about to burst out of my chest, one of the dumbest things I've done.

Just google the curse of Sara Jane road and you'll see a picture of the road.

NBM
    98 trans am

I JUST GOT A TICKET FROM A COP IN MY MOMS 4CYL SEBRING! I HATE COPS! OMFG! he was like i know you have had at at LEAST one beer. and he had me stick my tounge out. and was like, so youve been smoking weed? thats why you put that gum in your mouth as i pulled you over. i swear if he wouldnt have done anything i would have hit him in the face so hard. ONE- i dont drink. never have never will. TWO- i do NOT smoke. never have, never will. and THIRD-I PUT THAT GUM IN OVER 2 HOURS AGO!!! I SWEAR COPS ARE SO COCKY IT PISSES ME OFF HE DIDNT KNOW CRAP! IF YOUR THE COP WHO READS THIS, YOUR A FREAKING MORNON WHO DOESNT KNOW ANYTHING!

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    I JUST GOT A TICKET FROM A COP IN MY MOMS 4CYL SEBRING! I HATE COPS! OMFG! he was like i know you have had at at LEAST one beer. and he had me stick my tounge out. and was like, so youve been smoking weed? thats why you put that gum in your mouth as i pulled you over. i swear if he wouldnt have done anything i would have hit him in the face so hard. ONE- i dont drink. never have never will. TWO- i do NOT smoke. never have, never will. and THIRD-I PUT THAT GUM IN OVER 2 HOURS AGO!!! I SWEAR COPS ARE SO COCKY IT PISSES ME OFF HE DIDNT KNOW CRAP! IF YOUR THE COP WHO READS THIS, YOUR A FREAKING MORNON WHO DOESNT KNOW ANYTHING!
    Love you too sweety.

Hugs & kisses.

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    Love you too sweety.

Hugs & kisses.

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

^ he's a cop

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by moondog View Post
    Back in '77 I was having girlfriend problems and couldnt sleep so I decided to go smoke one around 2:30am. Ended up driving down Sara Jane road which is the back road to my high school and the fog was so thick I just parked in the old turn around that wrapped around a huge oak tree next to the side of the road. Like I said the fog was thick as hell and as I sat there with my smoke I suddenly saw a pair of headlights about 20 feet in front of me rolling about 10 miles per hour and this cop was just as surprised to see me as I was him. I started my car and punched it, swallowed my smoke, rolled through 1st,2nd,3rd,4th without ever turning on my lights, I couldnt see shit but I knew this road like the back of my hand, I never saw his lights again. My heart was about to burst out of my chest, one of the dumbest things I've done.

Just google the curse of Sara Jane road and you'll see a picture of the road.
    I take it you weren't smoking a cigarette ?

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    ^ he's a cop
    yea...i know....lol

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

well shit man youre a highschool age kid in ta, he was probably jealoyus as shit.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information