Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

haha i love it how ricers have no idea what a grand national is. It looks like an old geezer car. My friend has one with no badges and while wall wheels its rediculus haha

Quote Originally Posted by jwindbigler
    Yeah, but you get what you pay for. One retardedly fast car that has white trash written all over it.
    Well now, that honestly depends on what one actually considers white trash to look like. I personally don't consider the Z28 attatched to depict such a concept....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Well now, that honestly depends on what one actually considers white trash to look like. I personally don't consider the Z28 attatched to depict such a concept....

Click for full size
    sexy as hell! thats so awesome seeing a third gen with an SS hood, and it looking good

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...9_136_full.jpg
    ^^^ Thats what I'm talking about, damn nice car.

Look closely guys, something very trick about that car, is the 1981 Camaro Z28 fender louvers adapted onto its fenders. Very sweet addition to it. The car won quite a few awards...

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

hey now, i used to own a 3rd gen
    http://www.fla-thirdgen.org/mrr23
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    hey now, i used to own a 3rd gen
    http://www.fla-thirdgen.org/mrr23
    Oh my goodness, I had no idea that you were 'mrr23' Robert. I haven't been on stealthram.com in quite some time. You got rid of your '86...? Are you freaking serious? You were in the elevens with her, no...?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Oh my goodness, I had no idea that you were 'mrr23' Robert. I haven't been on stealthram.com in quite some time. You got rid of your '86...? Are you freaking serious? You were in the elevens with her, no...?
    i go by mrr23 everywhere else but stealthram.com. when i started that board, i used rhinton as the admin name. stealthram is still up and running right along.

yeah got rid of it about 2 years ago. best before the 383 was 12.14. i got disgusted when i was dyno tuning the 383 and right on the next run it sounded like a spun a rod. so, after 4 years of having that car, i threw my hands up and washed my self of it. started parting the car out. went to sell the motor and found out a TB blade screw fell into the #4 cylinder right as i started the motor. for about $200.00, i would've had it back up and running. oh well. it was time to move on. i had a fun time with the car.

I just visited the site. My goodness, it's been so long that I had to log myself in (didn't remember me lol). I miss my old Third Generation too. However, I don't miss bothering Vader every freaking second of the day. Freaking prehistoric MAF designs, and the infamous "Code 33" / "Code 34" lol...

At least we both stood F-Body. Tim (Traxion) went with an STI afew years back, and never looked back. His Iroc was another one of my favorites next to yours, as very few reached 11's on motor. A lot of the old DIY'ers as well, many are missing in action...

I suddenly feel very at home here now...

pewter
    02' Z28

Quote Originally Posted by jwindbigler View Post
    But its not sexy. It was a neon. I piece of shit neon. They could be pushing 1000hp for all I care. Its still a piece of shit. Becuase its a neon. Nothing today compares with the sexiness of a firebird
    I'd take the thousand hp car...

pewter
    02' Z28

I dont understand how u can compare say a civic or accord to a(n) fbody. they're not in the same class. im jus glad gm finally put out a car that is in that class and i think is superior in every aspect: looks, power, comfortable.
    i talk about the cobalt SS/SC. I think it was stupid that they made 2 versions of the SS, one supercharged 2.0L and the other NA 2.4L. i had a 2006 SS/Sc and it was alot of fun. If i had the money i'd own both camaro and cobalt. i loved that blower sound. your guys are right about the mpg though. If i wasnt taking it easy all the time I was looking at 21-24mpgs but if i was easy it i could punch out 38+ highway, 31 city. But that wasnt stock. i had a few mods done, gm stage 1(tune, 42lb injectors), 2.8 inch pulley, gm smaller belt, gm sport cat back, gm extrudehoned exhuast manifold, spec stg 3 clutch, fidanza aluminum flywheel, torque brace(keeps engine from moving so damn much), gm cross drilled/slotted rotors, hawk performance pads, and of course CAI. Man come to think of it i spent alot of money jus to barely have a car lenght on my ex's 2000 z28 A4 with an exhuast. But it was fun to see the faces of those I beat. i know ultimately that it cannot substitute for raw ls1 power, but i had alot of fun in that car. I didnt f@#k with V8 much but when i did it was usually a mustang or lighting. Usual kills were S2000's, M3's(99 style), wrx's, 350z's/g35's, but it usually had to be fro a roll, but it was a bitch to grab traction off the line.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by maxpit View Post
    I dont understand how u can compare say a civic or accord to a(n) fbody. they're not in the same class. im jus glad gm finally put out a car that is in that class and i think is superior in every aspect: looks, power, comfortable.
    i talk about the cobalt SS/SC. I think it was stupid that they made 2 versions of the SS, one supercharged 2.0L and the other NA 2.4L. i had a 2006 SS/Sc and it was alot of fun. If i had the money i'd own both camaro and cobalt. i loved that blower sound. your guys are right about the mpg though. If i wasnt taking it easy all the time I was looking at 21-24mpgs but if i was easy it i could punch out 38+ highway, 31 city. But that wasnt stock. i had a few mods done, gm stage 1(tune, 42lb injectors), 2.8 inch pulley, gm smaller belt, gm sport cat back, gm extrudehoned exhuast manifold, spec stg 3 clutch, fidanza aluminum flywheel, torque brace(keeps engine from moving so damn much), gm cross drilled/slotted rotors, hawk performance pads, and of course CAI. Man come to think of it i spent alot of money jus to barely have a car lenght on my ex's 2000 z28 A4 with an exhuast. But it was fun to see the faces of those I beat. i know ultimately that it cannot substitute for raw ls1 power, but i had alot of fun in that car. I didnt f@#k with V8 much but when i did it was usually a mustang or lighting. Usual kills were S2000's, M3's(99 style), wrx's, 350z's/g35's, but it usually had to be fro a roll, but it was a bitch to grab traction off the line.

Those Cobalt SS S/C's are fun cars. They are quick stock, and with some mods you can make them pretty fast. I would love to have one as a secondary car to my Trans Am, just to run around in, since its much smaller and gets better fuel economy.

I would definitely de-wing the car though, I've seen them without the STI inspired ricer wing on the back, and they are damn clean looking.

Now I wouldn't tade my T/A for one, but just the same, they are cool little cars.

pewter
    02' Z28

Same here, wouldnt trade mZ28. I have it as a daily driver and save the z for the weekend. Your right about stock power. Took mine to JBA racing, cobalt put down 231whp 206ft tq. After the mods it had 250whp and 256ft tq. Definately fun to drive, great daily driver.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

even the base model cobalt is pretty quick. my moms got one, and i drive it once and a while and if i manually shift it (its auto), from a 20 roll it pulls all the way to 115... thats just as fast as ive gotten it too.

Lakewood
    Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    A beat up(body wise), 1993-1994, LT1 camaro pick one up for $2000-2500 put $2000 in mods and there you go a 12 sec car depending on mods. Thats Cheap
    Man I wish this were true, you must not live on the same planet as me.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Maybe you should learn to spend your money more wiselyif all that you care about is speed. A beat high mileage Lt1 f-bod can be found for that price. They dont look pretty by any means but there around. My cousin's BF has a high millege 93 camaro a4 wrecked rear quater and carcked nose cone that he would take 2500 dollars cash for and it comes with nitrous. Just open your eyes wider and expand your mind. That car is a 13 second car how it sets, throw some 3.73 gears and DRs and theres a 12 second car for around 3000 bucks.

Lakewood
    Sorry but $2000 wont get an LT1 into the 12s, I own one I should know.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

I said NITROUS with a 125 shot of nitrous and the right supporting mods you can get into the 12s for around $2000

1. Wieght reduction: free

2. Nitrous: $500

3. 3.73 or 4.10 Gears: $150

4. 16 inch drag radials: $500

4. Catback exhaust: $500

5. cheap ebay CAI: $50

6. Custom tune by PCMforless: $200

TOTAL: $1900 bucks

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Or just go heads $1300, and cam $355, with a tune, and you should be stitting around 400-450HP too

Lakewood
    Quote Originally Posted by jwindbigler View Post
    Or just go heads $1300, and cam $355, with a tune, and you should be stitting around 400-450HP too
    This is an LT1 we are talking about, then again im over 320hp and 340 Tq now with just bolt ons and I spent nearly nothing. I also have a 100 shot so I wonder if I would break 13s. Im on street tire.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information