Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Angus66 View Post
    I'm nowhere near being "Top Dog" on this site as far as ET/MPH goes, but my '03 Mach 1 runs 11.3's @ 119 - 120 MPH naturally-aspirated & 10.9's on a little bit of Nitrous..

Video:

Cecil 10/22/06 NA Run
    Souunds like you got a really nice car man. Those modular Ford V8's sound amazing with a good exhaust. What you you have done to your car to be running 11.3's?? Thats damn impressive.

Post up some pics if you can.

Well I just have to say, I do agree with Wesman to a point. Being an older gentleman and growing up through the muscle car era, I tend to frown on anything foreign. The younger generation has trouble with this view point probably because they weren't there to experience it. Some of those cars can be better in many ways, not knocking the quality, but it's still foreign and affects the American economy and thats the problem I have with that stuff.
    I still find it cool that people tinker with them though and make them extremely fast, and I can respect that. But what surprises me even more is the amount of people on an F-body (V-8 rear wheel drive) website that actually own and drive, race, modify foreign cars. I think I am as puzzled as Wesman is on that. I guess some of them are cool and like the old iron and big V-8's. I come accross a few here and there that are cool when I am driving one of the old cars. I just hope we can all keep this hobby alive and kicking even if it seems we don't get along from time to time. Larry.

pearl yellow / charcoal
    95 RT/TT, 91 300ZX TT

It's totally cool that you guys prefer Domestics over imports. Like I said before, I like all types of cars, why do you think I'm here? The main reason why I chose the cars I own is: 1. I like the styling, 2. They have excellent performance, straight line, and handling wise, and 3. You don't see them everyday, rarity is something I prefer. I didn't really choose them because they are foreign cars. Check out this link, I was on the S2000 forums (95rtturbo is my username), and some of members there actually thought it's a drivers race between an S2K, and an LS1 F Body. I had to set them straight.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=457427
    pearl yellow 95 RT/TT 29K miles
    12.93 @ 107.3 (old time)
    being built w/ EVOIII 16G's, FMIC, and support (aiming for 500AWHP on 93 octane)

charcoal 91 300ZX TT 5 spd 39K miles
    custom 2.5" exhaust / downpipes, no cats
    JWT intake / ECU @ 15.5PSI

2002 Kawasaki ZX9R stock

Thats cool, I can respect anything thats fast. I like most everything too. That can be somewhat of a sickness though, because then you want everything,,,lol. Larry.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 95rtturbo View Post
    It's totally cool that you guys prefer Domestics over imports. Like I said before, I like all types of cars, why do you think I'm here? The main reason why I chose the cars I own is: 1. I like the styling, 2. They have excellent performance, straight line, and handling wise, and 3. You don't see them everyday, rarity is something I prefer. I didn't really choose them because they are foreign cars. Check out this link, I was on the S2000 forums (95rtturbo is my username), and some of members there actually thought it's a drivers race between an S2K, and an LS1 F Body. I had to set them straight.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=457427
    I went over there and signed up, adding my worthless opinion. I told the S2000 guy who pulled the LS1 to get in touch with me for a race, since he lives only 10 minutes away.

I got to get that damn 12-bolt installed fast!

pearl yellow / charcoal
    95 RT/TT, 91 300ZX TT

I went over there and signed up, adding my worthless opinion. I told the S2000 guy who pulled the LS1 to get in touch with me for a race, since he lives only 10 minutes away.
    haha, he's going to get bent over..... badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones
    Being an older gentleman and growing up through the muscle car era, I tend to frown on anything foreign. The younger generation has trouble with this view point probably because they weren't there to experience it. Some of those cars can be better in many ways, not knocking the quality, but it's still foreign and affects the American economy and thats the problem I have with that stuff...
    There is much more to it than that, which is the reasoning behind why I too have a problem with it's advocation. The Japanese are not to blame, rather, those fence-sitting politicians of ours. It has nothing to do with the Japanese building better quality cars (in which I for one don't believe as such), it's what's happening behind the scenes, which is the problem with this country of ours...

Die-hard import enthusiasts are also not to blame, as their simply playing the hand in which they were dealt (meaning, their the generation in which such capiltalistic propaganda had the most influence on). Our paid off US senate is a complete joke. There is but one thing that is stopping this country's economy from advancing properly, and that is the federal reserve system (a system in which has the interests of other countries, first and foremost)...

Believe it!

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Preach it brotha! AAAAmen

Yes street lethal you are right, I just didn't want to get into all that. A discussion like that would fill up pages.

When you say diehard import enthusiasts are not at fault, they are simply playing the hand they were delt,,,,that is exactly what I meant when I said,,,,it's hard for this generation to understand, they weren't around back then when the old iron was pounding the streets.
    I was just coming accross in a different way, but the meaning is the same.
    I am making sure my son is not brought up this way. I am a diehard GM person. He won't be driving an import to school like all the other kids seem to be. I already have something in reserve for him, good old fashion rear drive V-8.
    He has actually been after me to start putting the Nomad back on the road, he wants to ride in it, Atta boy. Larry.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    terry trainor. 9 second viper
    so is this the fastest? some pics and info would be nice also

Sure sounds like it,,,,no specs or pictures though. Larry.

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    Any pics of that #s matching GSX?
    Here's one:

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    How much boost...?

That's exactly what my '92 "TTA" should be running once I swap tranny's as well. What part of Jersey...?
    24psi in full street trim. I run alcohol injection.

Delran, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    so is this the fastest? some pics and info would be nice also
    probably not the fastest but in his garage I think he has almost 2000hp in 3 cars . Last time I saw the pics of the vipers engine bay, I think it has a paxton on it. It may be turbo'd now.

Black
    2000 Z-28

710rwhp '01 Mustang GT.....have yet to race it though...should be a 9 sec car.

T/A.black.Tundra White.
    01 WS6.07Tundra DC

am i

my huffy 10 speed runs about 14mins at 12mph like that iron ls1 it aswell is 100% iron that count in where dose it rank ps 14mins 60 feet my leg hurted after the pass git r done

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by mr.5.7 View Post
    iron ls1
    Were you refering to my car??
    If not...please explain the iron LS1 thing.

I don't know Luos....I had trouble reading that whole thing, with no periods and such, and it seemed words were missing letters,,,I couldn't make much sense of it....."shrug" Larry.

T/A.black.Tundra White.
    01 WS6.07Tundra DC

my bad just forget what ever i typed i cant even make it out lol sorry

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

It's definitley not the fastest non-LS1 car and probably one the slower turbo Buicks but I really enjoy my 87 Regal Turbo T. My best time so far is a 12.3@109. I hope to do a little better this year but lack of money for the time being kind of puts a damper on getting some of the upgrades I'd like to have.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information