Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Grey
    87 T-Top

Quote Originally Posted by jre99z28 View Post
    Just curious, How many of the mustang owners on this thread have driven or even ridden in an LS1 powered car?
    It only took a ride around the block in my Z28 to convince me to buy. May sound dumb but I couldnt test drive the car because I couldnt find my drivers license and had to buy a car b/c i had just lost mine in hurricane katrina so I had to settle for a "test ride" instead of a test drive but, that was enough for me. Now I approach this Ford vs Chevy war with battle scars from both sides. I must admit that no other car I have driven runs like an LS1.

Another thing that I kinda like is that when I see another camaro on the road I can say, "Hey, I have not seen a Navy Blue Metallic Z28 in a while" or "Wow, I have never seen crome 10 spoke SS rims on a Hugger Orange SS before, that looks sweet". Where as with the Mustang it is more like, "Hey look, another Mineral Grey Mustang GT" or "Hey, there is a mustang to my left one to my right and two more behind me"
    I needed a little change

I have a couple of friends that have camaro's and I've drove them but I just like my foxbody. The ls1 is THE BEST platform for a non-power adder car from the factory. It all comes down to personal preference. I could hang with ls1's with bolt-on's before I started going overboard with my car. Do I believe a mach 1 with bolt-on's can keep up with a new Z06? That isn't even a question b/c the Z06 would own a mach 1. There is always going to be a Chevy vs. Ford battle but I just like to see fast cars.

I hate to enter this conversation. However you may think mustang owners all think they are better than LS1 owner. What is everyone trying to accomplish with this thread..... To show that LS1 owners are superior to Mustangs? Doesn't give me a very good impression. I guess we will never solve the Ford-Chevy battle. I think we can all agree on one thing though. We all love muscle cars. Lets talk about that instead of who is better.

On another note, My brother recently sold his s/c 01 GT. Now I love my T/A, but his car was the ultimate sleeper. Bone stock exterior, with a Kenne Bell s/c under the hood. Blast to drive and always got attention with that loud whine under the hood. They are both fun cars to drive. Also we have such a great aftermarket for both platforms you can mod these cars till the wheels fall off.

Red
    1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Performance View Post
    They are both fun cars to drive. Also we have such a great aftermarket for both platforms you can mod these cars till the wheels fall off.
    Amen to that, and thank God that we dont drive a Mopar!

thank God that we dont drive a Mopar!
    That was the wrong thing to say.......

I'm a Mopar nut! The T/A is my first non mopar. I know what you mean though. Aftermarket for Mopar plain stinks. We have to resort to building alot of custom parts.

I can't wait for my 08 Challenger

Red

I can't wait for my 08 Challenger
    That is a sweet car. I have to agree that D/C is doing all of the right stuff, Dodge Has an awesome line-up but the aftermarket is slow to respond and I cant figure out why. Maby after the current Hemi has been on the market a few more years (especially with the 6.1L Hemi).
    Last edited by jre99z28; 01-28-2007 at 09:00 AM.

That is a sweet car. I have to agree that D/C is doing all of the right stuff, Dodge Has an awesome line-up but the aftermarket is slow to respond and I cant figure out why. Maby after the current Hemi has been on the market a few more years (especially with the 6.1L Hemi).
    The aftermarket for the 5.7 Hemi is growing rather steady, just not well advertised. Mopar performance has out quite a bit them selfs. There are heads, cams, headers all that stuff out there. Just when you flip open a Jegs or Summit you don't see it. Mopar has always been more specialized. You will find a million guys that make parts for just Mopar. You just won't find them all in the same place. Its a crap shoot sometimes.

John Hennessey has some good things going for the new Hemi lineup. I can't wait to see some highly moded Challengers on the street.

Just for a little leak of info here. I have a good friend who is a project leader for Mopar Performance and says they have alot of great stuff already for the Challenger. He said that you will able to order one that looks just like the old school cars. That is all I have though, I'll get more out of him when he is drunk, lol.

Red

Just for a little leak of info here. I have a good friend who is a project leader for Mopar Performance and says they have alot of great stuff already for the Challenger. He said that you will able to order one that looks just like the old school cars. That is all I have though, I'll get more out of him when he is drunk, lol.
    You know, I really wouldnt want to order one that looks just like the original, I love the looks of the concept it is old school enough but you can deffinately tell that it is a modern day muscle car. I hope they dont change too much on the production model. I also hope that GM keeps the next camaro looking just like the concept. I hated when Ford changed too much stuff from the concept to the production model on the 05 mustang, however I saw pictures of a face lifted mustang set for 09 (I think) that looks a lot more like the concept that was shown for the 05 model.

Red
    1995 Pontiac Formula

Quote Originally Posted by burnws6 View Post
    M-must
    U-use
    S-supercharger
    T-to reach
    A-aspirated
    N-natural
    G-gm power

I think it goes like that.....?
    lol
    1995 Formula M6- Red... Throttle body airfoil, K & N FIPK2, TB bypass

You know, I really wouldnt want to order one that looks just like the original, I love the looks of the concept it is old school enough but you can deffinately tell that it is a modern day muscle car. I hope they dont change too much on the production model. I also hope that GM keeps the next camaro looking just like the concept. I hated when Ford changed too much stuff from the concept to the production model on the 05 mustang, however I saw pictures of a face lifted mustang set for 09 (I think) that looks a lot more like the concept that was shown for the 05 model.
    Yeah the Challenger is a bad ass design in itself. I don't see anywhere that they could improve. I do know they are droping the 21" wheel to a 20" in the rear. I think those were the sizes. Also the carbon fiber front clip will be regular sheet metal. It will be a heavy beast come production.

Red

Also the carbon fiber front clip will be regular sheet metal. It will be a heavy beast come production.
    Heavy yes, but a lot more affordable than carbon fiber.

Red

Red4Mula, I really like that body style for the Formula, it is a really clean body style. I have mostly always liked the front of the nose.

Blue
    04 Mach 1

lets see, i have driven a stock ta, stock z28, stock and modded 02 zo6, h/c ta(2 of them) and many other ls1 cars. i love the lsx motors, i have a lot of respect for them. i have stated this many times. but i also believe that you guys should know the 4v mod motor has a good bit of power as well.

Red
    1995 Pontiac Formula

Red4Mula, I really like that body style for the Formula, it is a really clean body style. I have mostly always liked the front of the nose.
    Hey thank you, thank you, much appreciated!

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1Mustang View Post
    the 4v mod motor has a good bit of power as well.
    Especially when you put a supercharger on top of one (Mod motors especially the 32 valve ones seem to LOVE forced induction). There isnt really that many good supercharger kits out there for an F-body, or not that I have found, but a good option for us is the STS rear mounted turbo.

'03 Mach 1

Grey
    2003 Mach 1

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 430 stang View Post
    Do I believe a mach 1 with bolt-on's can keep up with a new Z06? That isn't even a question b/c the Z06 would own a mach 1.
    I don't have any problems beating ZO6's at the track, even the new C6 version...

Quote Originally Posted by Angus66 View Post
    I don't have any problems beating ZO6's at the track, even the new C6 version...
    lets see some time slips or vids.

'03 Mach 1

Grey
    2003 Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    mustangs will never learn, their love for their cars has them disillusioned.
    Termin8ors are something to worry about but besides that nah.
    What does your car run that all you worry about is Terminators?

Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    Bro you must be smoking crack. Your actually saying that your bolt on mach 1 with 330ish rwhp can beat a new 505 horse z06. You are aware that even with a crappy driver that they can run 11's. Even with my grandma driving a z06 could spank a bolt on mach and she's dead.
    I don't smoke crack, but yes - my bolt-on Mach with 335 rwhp is fast-enough to beat a stock C6 ZO6 with all but the best driver at the wheel.

lets see some time slips or vids.
    Slip:

Vid:

Cecil 10/22/06 NA Run

Last edited by Angus66; 01-29-2007 at 05:12 AM.
    '03 Mach 1
    Low 11's N/A on the factory long-block...
    ... a little faster on the juice.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

C'mon now Angus, 120 mph trap with just bolt-ons? That would indicate you were making at least 400 rwhp with a stock weight Mach1.

Bolt-ons will NEVER put a Mach1 over the 400 rwhp mark.

But, IF you have put that Mach on a serious diet, then I could see it trapping that.

03's that trap around 95-96 through the 1/8 mile are usually putting down 450 rwhp.

'03 Mach 1

Grey
    2003 Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    C'mon now Angus, 120 mph trap with just bolt-ons? That would indicate you were making at least 400 rwhp with a stock weight Mach1.
    Where did I ever say it was stock weight?

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Darn it! You responded before I could edit!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information