Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Red
    1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Angus66 View Post
    Although they are important, dyno numbers aren't everything.

Care to guess what kind of ET/MPH this dyno sheet runs???

Click for full size

A better question would be - what does YOUR car run in the 1/4???

I see you've still got a LOT to learn...
    Dont really care what your ET is I never asked. I do think that originally the thread was about how I walked a 5.0 and he didnt like it too much, and that he was suprised that his s*** box wasnt good enough. if you dont like Camaro guys talking s*** about mustangs then maby you should find a better way to kill time than to come on LS1.com you know there are plenty of forums dedicated to mustangs and I am sure that they would love to have your company. So just get over the fact that you had to pay 28,000+ for your car and then had to pour mega bucks into it to get it to perform they way it should perform from the factory.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    most fox's i see round here just have intake exhaust and gears and everyone thinks they are badass because they sound wicked.
    there cant be many cars in your town

Red

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    there cant be many cars in your town
    OK please dont come on my thread and start this crap. it was fun yesterday when it was your thread and you didnt mind all of it but not on my thread please.

Quote Originally Posted by jre99z28 View Post
    Dont really care what your ET is I never asked. I do think that originally the thread was about how I walked a 5.0 and he didnt like it too much, and that he was suprised that his s*** box wasnt good enough. if you dont like Camaro guys talking s*** about mustangs then maby you should find a better way to kill time than to come on LS1.com you know there are plenty of forums dedicated to mustangs and I am sure that they would love to have your company. So just get over the fact that you had to pay 28,000+ for your car and then had to pour mega bucks into it to get it to perform they way it should perform from the factory.
    Wow what a responce. Id expect it from a teenager, but jesus.

Ive owned one mustang before and it was a 94 gt convertible 5-speed. Slow at first, but I didnt mind modifying it to make it faster.

Some of us enjoy modifying cars...which means, we spend our money on mods and research what mods are best for our cash.

28k? Alright, well maybe he wanted something newer? He also liked modifying as well.

Not everything is as it seems and respect can be seen on all sides.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

OK please dont come on my thread and start this crap. it was fun yesterday when it was your thread and you didnt mind all of it but not on my thread please.
    u didnt mind doing it on my thread

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Sorry, I just got got through pi**ing myself, sorry but that was funny and I couldnt agree more. How can you not know what you just beat, or lost to???

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

This forum is for LS1 Camaro owners who love their cars, and all things LS1. But I think it is cool to have cool people who have other cars and like LS1's too. One thing I can't stand are trolls, and there are a few of those, but they get weeded out quickly.

We have Evo, Lightning, Mustang, SRT-4,8 owners on here who give us insights on cars some LS1 people have never driven or know nothing about.

I would have underestimated some of these cars if it weren't for these people. Kinda like the enemy telling you their secrets thing.

Plus, a performance junky is a performance junky. All who post here LOVE horsepower and hot-rodding, most PREFER LS1 Horsepower, but just b/c we prefer LS1 power, doesn't mean we wouldn't like to take an SRT-8 Charger out with full-exhaust and do some doughnuts and smoke the tires down to wires. Or maybe take a 370 whp Evo out and do four wheel burnout launches while hearing the turbo scream.

I am glad you told me about the GT's you owned, I heard they were slow, but damn, not spinning on a wet road is highly pathetic. Hell, if I tried hard enough I could take a bicycle and do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    I am glad you told me about the GT's you owned, I heard they were slow, but damn, not spinning on a wet road is highly pathetic. Hell, if I tried hard enough I could take a bicycle and do that.
    Those kind of statements can tell you who is full of shit or not. Hell I did a burn out in damn Mini Van.
    324hp/333tq

Blue
    04 Mach 1

fox bodies are the scarriest cars to race!! they could have 200hp or 700hp and sound them same!!!!!!
    nice kill, i was just replying to the name of the thread. if you dont want an argument next time choose a title that will not cause trouble.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1Mustang View Post
    fox bodies are the scarriest cars to race!! they could have 200hp or 700hp and sound them same!!!!!!
    nice kill, i was just replying to the name of the thread. if you dont want an argument next time choose a title that will not cause trouble.
    There was a blue Mustang at the races a couple weeks ago in Bithlo, FL. He said it was a 97, no GT emblem anywhere but had dual exhaust. He opened the hood and there was a Terminator motor in it with a KB blower. Talk about a sleeper

Red

Ok maby, "I just beat a mustang today" would have been a better title to the thread.l I am just havng trouble understanding why I am taking shit for posting a story about beating an ass who was driving (ok, let me re-phrase, one of the few slow 5.0's out there) because all it seems as though some people have posted on here that is just offended that I ever mentioned the word mustang. And yes you are correct they can either have 200hp or 700hp and you wont know until its too late but obviously this one was closer to the 200hp mark. So why would he pick a race and then stare me down at the next stop like he was pissed because I beat him. It's like picking a fight you dont go find someone who you know would whop you and start a fight with him and then be mad about it in the end. I was smart enough to know who I could and who I couldnt race and I still am now, i know I am not invencible there are plenty of cars out there faster than a 99 Z28. I dont start races with Vettes or Cobras (I dont even see many Mach 1's out there so I wouldnt know either way with that one). Damn why do I have to explain why I posted a sory in the Kills section on LS1.com of winning a friendly little street race. this I will never know. Maby it started with asking someone in the beginning if I could see a dyno sheet. Heck if someone asked me for my dyno sheet I would gladly show him or her. the day after I went to the Dyno guys at work asked me how it went and I told the results and quite a few of them asked if they could see the sheet and I gladly showed it to them. I am sorry for asking if it was 316 guestimated HP or dyno proven but the reason I asked it that way is because I have known of many people to talk hypathetically about HP.

Red

Oh yeah I did choose that title b/c it seems as though all I get is the shitty rustangs (kinda like the 97 I had) that just try to taunt every time I stop at a red light. and it seems like it is every time one pulls up beside me. (They Never Learn When To Give Up)

'03 Mach 1

Grey
    2003 Mach 1

I actually only paid $23,000 for my Mach brand-new.

FWIW, I've not put that much money into it & it out-performs a new ZO6 at the track so I consider it a performance "Bargain".

Legend Lime
    2005 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by Angus66 View Post
    I actually only paid $23,000 for my Mach brand-new.

FWIW, I've not put that much money into it & it out-performs a new ZO6 at the track so I consider it a performance "Bargain".
    Holy Mary, Mother Of God.....what have you done to it???

artic white
    1998 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Angus66 what mods do you have? I have a lot of respect for Machs and yours sounds badass.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Ok maby, "I just beat a mustang today" would have been a better title to the thread.l I am just havng trouble understanding why I am taking shit for posting a story about beating an ass who was driving (ok, let me re-phrase, one of the few slow 5.0's out there) because all it seems as though some people have posted on here that is just offended that I ever mentioned the word mustang. And yes you are correct they can either have 200hp or 700hp and you wont know until its too late but obviously this one was closer to the 200hp mark. So why would he pick a race and then stare me down at the next stop like he was pissed because I beat him. It's like picking a fight you dont go find someone who you know would whop you and start a fight with him and then be mad about it in the end. I was smart enough to know who I could and who I couldnt race and I still am now, i know I am not invencible there are plenty of cars out there faster than a 99 Z28. I dont start races with Vettes or Cobras (I dont even see many Mach 1's out there so I wouldnt know either way with that one). Damn why do I have to explain why I posted a sory in the Kills section on LS1.com of winning a friendly little street race. this I will never know. Maby it started with asking someone in the beginning if I could see a dyno sheet. Heck if someone asked me for my dyno sheet I would gladly show him or her. the day after I went to the Dyno guys at work asked me how it went and I told the results and quite a few of them asked if they could see the sheet and I gladly showed it to them. I am sorry for asking if it was 316 guestimated HP or dyno proven but the reason I asked it that way is because I have known of many people to talk hypathetically about HP.
    why are u crying u did the same thing to me

Blue
    04 Mach 1

if they want to race just do it, or not who cares! you know you are faster, that is why i dont race older stangs that are not worth the chance on the street.
    angus car is killer, he is a mod. over at the reg. and dont let him bs, from what i have seen in timeslips he can drive, very fast!!!!

Red

if they want to race just do it, or not who cares! you know you are faster, that is why i dont race older stangs that are not worth the chance on the street.
    angus car is killer, he is a mod. over at the reg. and dont let him bs, from what i have seen in timeslips he can drive, very fast!!!!
    If he can hang with new z06's he obviously has a fast ride. I would love to see a Mach 1 like that. Can someone answer a question for me?

Why did Ford only advertise (I think it was) 305hp for the Mach's since it was basically the same motor used in the 01 Cobra except for quite a few modifications that surely made it actually stronger than the 32 valver that was in the 01 Cobra? Also what actually were the changes between the two motors, seems like it was in the heads and intake or something (of course other than the obvious, functional shaker hood which, by the way, was a perfect thing for that car) was it insurance purposes or maby fear of another disater similar to the recall on the 99 Cobras (I bet those guys were pissed)?
    Last edited by jre99z28; 01-25-2007 at 09:45 PM. Reason: I can't spell

Red

Dont tell all of the LS1 Guys this but I would probably trade my Z28 for a 03-04 Cobra tomorow if I could afford it, one of those things are a pulley and exhaust away from 11 seconds (or something ridiculous like that). Seems like I remember reading in a MM&FF magazine years back where they took one and spent $600 to $700 and got it into the high 10's (unless I am remembering wrong) But hey there is a million things I can do to the Z28 to get it to go down a track (but I am sure I will never see low 11's and definately not 10's I dont have that kind of cash flow.
    Last edited by jre99z28; 01-26-2007 at 02:03 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information