Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Smile Old dude whooped me

Well, I was cruisin on the highway one day goin to work and I notice a mercedes behind me, thought nothin of it. When he finally gets a little ways behind me (just cruising), he whips in the fast lane and goes flying by me smiling in the 4 door sedan. I was cool with it for about 5 seconds until my testosterone kicked in so I caught up to him about 1/2 mile away (he slowed back down). As I pull up next to him I notice on the back of his car it said "CL 65" and on the other side it said "AMG", I had no idea what it was, it also had a fancy little emblem on the side like where mine says Z28. I nod my head and he just looks at me and smiles, like I'm a dumbass. We were going about 75 and I slammed it into 3rd. While he has both hands on the wheel he hits it and pulled me hard. I let out at about 100 and my nose was at his taillights. That car was as loud as mine stock and I've got flos. When I got to work I got on to the mercedes web site and looked it up... its got an f'n twin turbo V12 puttin out over 600hp and over 730tq!!! After knowing that I don't have a clue why it was as close as it was, unless he only 1/2 throttled it. I got beat but it makes a good story!

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

Well if your gonna get beat you might as well get beat by a pretty cool car like that. Sounds like a pretty neat sleeper. Dont feel bad, ls-1s are quick but we sure arent the quickest. Mabey with some more mods youll be able to get him. Keep trying, at any rate cool story

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Damn those rich old guys.

Dreamin of a Paint Job... XtinKt's Avatar

Silver
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

Rich People with Fast cars that Race = Kick ass old people

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

AMG's aren't sleepers...i mean it does say AMG on it. Not sure what the weight is on that pig but i'm sure it's pretty heavy...but with 5 something at the crank it prob doesn't matter. I've seen a few around but none seem to street race, not that I blame them.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

AMG = "AAAAHHH MY GOD"

it's what you say at the point of sale =)

Rhino21149
    AMGs are fast, dpending on the model they have them up to 640 ft lbs torque and very low 12 quarter miles, stock. They corner well, too, for the wieght, but remember weight is the Mercedes downfall everytime -- those guys can't make a lightweight car.

RED
    1998 Camaro SS Vert

Those AMG's are real fast and handle amazing. A friend of my family is a mercedes dealer and he always tells me about AMG's. Sounds like they are pretty awesome.

Blue
    2000 Trans Am

With a tune they are pretty crazy. I had to change tires on one that the dealer sold to some old rich guy, he didnt like michelin's so we put on some 050 RFT's . . . not that they are gonna make a difference but I had to drive it to and from the deal and the shop I work at say about 5 mi. Needless to say it doesnt feel balls out fast but when I looked at the speedo it had some giddy up.

I had to align a viper for dodge that they didnt have time to get to so they had us pick it up . . . that thing. . . what ever was done. . . hauled major a$$. It must be nice to afford 345/25/20 HRE / Pirelli's for some traction

-00BlueTA

TONY
    that car in 2door form stock i have seen run 11.4s with nittos

Pewter
    02' Z28 Vert

I also have a 95S420 and like someone said they are fast but deceptive. I was stuck in the car pool lane behind a jerk the lane opened and so did I. The problem was CHP was lurking. I didn't even see him. My wife said when I said "oh shit" she looked at the speedo and I was at 110mph. We always said that the Benz sneaks the speed on where the Z28 snatches you. BTW no ticket for me (proffesional courtesy).

01vette
    well i hate to brake it to you but you didnt run a cl65 - cl's are 2 door not 4 - if anything you ran into a E55 amg - s/c v8 putting near like 500 hp but yet again heavy- but still quick cars

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 01vette
    well i hate to brake it to you but you didnt run a cl65 - cl's are 2 door not 4 - if anything you ran into a E55 amg - s/c v8 putting near like 500 hp but yet again heavy- but still quick cars
    When I read the article about the CL65 in Motor Trend it had a two door featured in it. Maybe I just thought it was a 4 door, because I made sure what the model was on the back. I dont know what the E55 rear looks like but this car had the dual tailpipes with dual tips on it.

you can hang with a 55, I did, there was vid on here with a guy in a 65, constant 11's but the track wouldn't let him run 10's or he had to leave. The 55 took me hard off the light but the highway was even.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

It sounds like you raced what I raced the last time I was at the dragstrip. It was a 4 door Mercedes V8 "Kompressor", (what ever that means) and I can't tell you what model, (probably the ES5). It was a nice looking car and did'nt look fast either. He ran a 12.6@112MPH over my 31.1@ 103.
    Last edited by Redegal; 10-08-2005 at 05:50 PM.
    2002 SS M6 Convertible

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

I ran a Mercedes convertible one night-Guy kept revvin it up an showin off for the cute chick in the pass. seat's sake.I just had a spat w/the girlfriend and was driving home-so he waits at the next lite for it to turn red and me to pull up-in other words-it's on like donkey kong.The lite turns green and I rip off and leave him flat-I had a car length on him by second gear.There wasn't any point to keep running-I let off and shift into third-turned off at the next street.I mean the race was over at the line-he didn't jump any where near as hard as the Z. Not sure what model it was but it sure looked stupid that nite-felt good considering he was begging for the race.

Thread Information