Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 TA

Volant - throw your lids in the trash

Back to back pulls on the dyno => Direct Flow lid vs. volant - 7 Hp/5 ftlbs. increase over the lid.

Case closed.

Besides it LOOKS SO COOL!!!!

75k miles - still looks and works great + it seals to the Mecham hood and gives a very effective ram air system on the TAs.

Regards,

Darden
    02 NBM TA - Mecham New Version Hood/Wing, Jet Hot/Hooker Headers, ProDyno exh, Chrome ROH ZS, Volant, Corvette LS1 MAF, Hotchkis LCAs, STB & Adj. PHR, BMR SFCs, Global West Traclink, SLP Bilstiens, Firehawk springs, B&M Ripper, Moser 12 bolt w/ 4.10s, Eaton Posi, LS1 Edit, Hurst line lock- more.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

OK first I'll agree with you, the Volant is tits as far as looks goes, pop the hood and BAM! Also I agree that if properly done it seals nice to a ram air hood and provides a fresher supply of air than a lid. Now as far as the dyno results, which pulls were they? Pulls 1-3 are USUALLY going to increase each pull. So as far as gaining 7 hp & 5 Tq on back to back pulls, that can happen at anytime on the dyno. First time I dynoed stock about 4 years ago I went from 1)298 hp-2)306 hp -3)310 hp on the final pull. Tq increased everytime also.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 TA

These were pulls 12 and 13 or 13 and 14 - they were having some learning issues on the dyno software and we were trying several combinations of accessories. We went back to the lid and got the same result as before within 1 Hp.

The owner of the shop was real interested in the back to backs and used some of the data to advise others on which mods worked and which ones didn't.

I am very impressed with the Volant.

Regards,

Darden

Thread Information