Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Got my first EVO this morning

NEVER see these cars on the road until today. He got on I-95 expressway here in Philly and immed jumped 3 lanes over to the fast lane. I was 3 cars behind him at this point. So after about a half mile I worked my way up behind and threw 3-4 loud revs with the clutch in to get his attention from behind. He tried to start weaving away from me in traffic and I followed CAUTIOUSLY as there was traffic all around us. Finally it opened up a bit and he jumped over 1 lane doing about 65 and punched it and I jumped over 2 lanes in anticipation of passing him. After shifting into 4th I passed him and took it up to around 110-115 leaving him a few behind. At those speeds my eyes weree on the road and not how many lenghts, but I had him good. At this point he actually slowed off and wouldn't come back up, so I took it all the way down to 50 mph and made him catch up for some more. We ran again.....he floored it and got a full head of steam, I had it at about 60-65 in the upper RPMs of 3rd and when he came up beside me I punched it. He floated to a car or so lead and again after I punched it inot 4th I got him again, this time all the way up to 130. No traffic at this point so I let it loose, it was ugly, he was at least 8-10 behind, he prol let off at some point. We both got off at the same exit and he actually works across the street from me, gave a big thumbs up and head nod to me when he pulled into his lot. Way to start the morning, who needs coffee when you have a LS1
    Last edited by Hurley711; 11-14-2006 at 05:43 PM.
    '00 Black Ram Air TA TR224/224 PRC 5.3 59cc Heads
    Pacesetter LT ORY Hooker CB 414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    BMR PHR, SFC,LCA & TM. Bilstein HD shocks 1LE FSB
    Firehawk Rims w/KDW Custom Headrests & Floormats

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Nice kill!
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Awaiting Activation
    nice kill!!! i know what you mean about a great way to start the day. I used to get some good kills on the way to school in the morning.

nice

seems like a good race,evos that are mild modded can run decent. sound like he might of been stock by how many carlenghts you put on him, non the less good kill.
    i lost by 2 carleghts against my brothers ss which has 389rwhp, stock turbo losses its steam up top. good race though.

heres my mods in sig
    2006 evo Ix ams tuned
    mods:buschur fp3065 turbo, buschur fmic,gsc s1 cams,full 3" turboback(catless),hallman,walbro,exedy twin
    450awhp/349awtq 22psi(pumpgas 93oct)

1994 firehawk 20k dark green/tan cloth m6, bone stock.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by j3ffw19 View Post
    seems like a good race,evos that are mild modded can run decent. sound like he might of been stock by how many carlenghts you put on him, non the less good kill.
    i lost by 2 carleghts against my brothers ss which has 389rwhp, stock turbo losses its steam up top. good race though.
    Those cars don't have anything up top, period. LS1's are awesome on the highway, they will put multiple carlenghts on any Evo stock for stock. With mods, it just gets worse for the Evo.

An Evo would need some serious mods (i.e, lots more boost) in order just to hang with a stock LS1.

ok dude what ever i guess my brothers car is a lt1, you ls1 guys crack me up. i respect ANYTHING that fast, weither its a import or domestic. its a shame you guys cant do the same.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Car hit a wall up top for sure. From the looks of his exhaust I would bet he was bone stock, and I know it would be a diff story if we ran from a dig. Still looks like I would have reeled him in eventually though. So you can change that "You Ls1 guys crack me up, it's a shame you guys can't do the same " talk because I didn't do any bashing. I respect anything that goessssssss

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by j3ffw19 View Post
    ok dude what ever i guess my brothers car is a lt1, you ls1 guys crack me up. i respect ANYTHING that fast, weither its a import or domestic. its a shame you guys cant do the same.
    Who cars how fast it is if it looks like ass, is built like a crap, and sounds like angry bees?? You can make anything fast, that doesn't make it a nice car. Hell, I can strap a weedwacker engine to a scooter and go fast. Is it a respectable vehicle though?? Hell no its not, and I don't think an ugly 4 door economy car with a huge wing and a turbo engine is, either. Especially one with a Mitsubishi badge on the front.

Ricers amaze me, always trying to get respect for their shitty cars.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Wow, all Evo's need are cam's to get rid of their top-end problem.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

wow evo a shitty car???? somone has anger issues..lol....i loove both cars but prefer V8 tourqe and sound...for somone in northern states that wants a yr round sports car evo/sti is the way to go......i just have no problem sporting a winter beater as well..keeeps my baby in mint cond ..the evo/sti ..ls1 argument is rediculous.....there both awsome cars for the money and ment for diff things.........ls1 straight line performance/ value ....evo ...all yr driving....quick..and amazing around a track.............end this argument ..they both rock

pewter

lol wesman always has love for anything else other than an ls1.........

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    wow evo a shitty car???? somone has anger issues..lol....i loove both cars but prefer V8 tourqe and sound...for somone in northern states that wants a yr round sports car evo/sti is the way to go......i just have no problem sporting a winter beater as well..keeeps my baby in mint cond ..the evo/sti ..ls1 argument is rediculous.....there both awsome cars for the money and ment for diff things.........ls1 straight line performance/ value ....evo ...all yr driving....quick..and amazing around a track.............end this argument ..they both rock

No...Mitsubishis are complete garbage. I've seen those cars break more often than Kias, they are trash. My buddy had a brand new Evo in high school, it was in the shop more than it was on the road. Everything from the turbo to the tranfer case went out on that piece of shit.

Having a car for snow is a pathetic excuse to buy an Evo or STI. Those cars won't go ANYWHERE in the snow or winter weather without a full set of snow tires, and for that price you could just buy a cheap beater and throw some cheap snow tires on it. Totally pointless IMO.

I don't agree that they are both "awesome" - I don't think 4 cylinder 4 door economy cars with huge wings and fart cans are "awesome", for less money you can buy a much nicer vehicle. Ricer love them though, hence the reason they sell so well.

As for "not liking anything other than the LS1", don't put words in my mouth. I like planty of different motors from different manufacturers. I think the Ford Modular engines (SVT Cobra, Lightning, ect.) are awesome, and the Chrysler Hemi is an excellent engine as well, especially in 6.1L SRT form. I just can't stand little riceburning 4 bangers that sound like angry bees and have no torque, deal with it, I don't think thats unreasonable.

pewter

they come with a 5 yr 60k mile warranty???? no need to worry about fixing them for 5 yrs......and i havnt heard reliablitly issues with them as of yet.....only the clutch from idiots that like dropping it from redline.....as far as snow??....yes u need snows.car comes with 180 treadwear summer shoes........that thing must be rediculous with snows all the way around.....wish i had a friend in roch with one so i could drive it thru a foot of snow for fun..........ive had my 4 banger fun already in an acura rsx-s and i left that shit in 2 yrs.......LOVE having a big burbling v8 and i dont intend on going back.......but i do respect many sports cars for what they are...wish GM made somthing awd with an lsx in it......somthing like a 3500lb sporty looking sedan.....somthing like the G6 with 400 horse and all 4 tires spinning.....maybe someday

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    they come with a 5 yr 60k mile warranty???? no need to worry about fixing them for 5 yrs......and i havnt heard reliablitly issues with them as of yet.....only the clutch from idiots that like dropping it from redline.....as far as snow??....yes u need snows.car comes with 180 treadwear summer shoes........that thing must be rediculous with snows all the way around.....wish i had a friend in roch with one so i could drive it thru a foot of snow for fun..........ive had my 4 banger fun already in an acura rsx-s and i left that shit in 2 yrs.......LOVE having a big burbling v8 and i dont intend on going back.......but i do respect many sports cars for what they are...wish GM made somthing awd with an lsx in it......somthing like a 3500lb sporty looking sedan.....somthing like the G6 with 400 horse and all 4 tires spinning.....maybe someday
    No need to worry about fixing them?? You must not be familiar with Mitsubishi my friend. We're talking about the same company that sends undercover representitives to drag strips, copys VIN numbers of ANY Evo seen at the track (even if its not racing) and puts the VIN numbers into their computer system as "warranty voided". They know their cars can't take the abuse of drag racing, so in order to avoid paying for warranty work, they just void warrantys. They will also void your warranty of they conclude that any damages to the car were caused by abuse. So if you blow your engine, clutch, transmission, transfer case, or any part of the drivetrain, they will claim its "due to abuse" and not cover a penny of the repairs, regardless of what actually caused the issue. My friends Evo blew the transfer case out under normal driving, and Mitsubishi refused to pay for the repairs, even though it wasn't his fault at all. Mitsubishi is probably the worst car company on the market, and they don't stand behind their garbage products.

pewter

WOW.....any evo owners care to commment about mitsu's warranty coverage? thats fuked up

pewter

sounds like the evos drivetrain makes our 10 bolt look like a 9 inch ...lol

Oh Wesman when are you gonna quit. You sound like such a little bitch when someone mentions something positive about an EVO.

I really wish you'd stop being such a pussy and come race me from a roll, but I know youd be too embarassed to lose so youd rather just trash talk and say IFs.

Ive been drag racing my EVO since it was brand new. How come nothing has broken yet? Mine must be magical.. that would be your reason. Ignortant douche bag.

I also find it funny in almost every thread where you start bashing even fellow LS1/domestic guys (here, LS1tech, SVTforums) think your out of control and a complete moron. If it doesnt hit you then, well damn, I pity you.

pewter

your both in NJ ......hes def callin u out wesman......walk the walk??? lol

Thread Information