Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Well I got owned...

I have a three and a half hour drive from my parents house to my universities campus. When I was heading back to campus the other night, about half way through the drive I'm going about 70 or so in the fast lane, stuck behind a SUV that won't move over. Another car joins the highway and comes up besides me, behind the car next to the SUV in the slow lane.

I look over and laugh, its a white mid-90's Acura Integra, with black rims, fart can, a primer dark grey front bumper, bad dents in the side panels, and it is really muddy. This was one of the shittiest ricers I have ever seen at this point, at least most of them would wash off the mud.

The SUV finally moved ahead of the adjacent car in the slow lane and merged over. I accelerated slowly up to about 80 or so, and as expected, I saw the Integras Xenons come over behind me from the slow lane and come up behind me fast, and then merge over infront the SUV. I keep going the same speed, waiting for the ricer fly-by, but it never comes, because hes beside me.

So we're going along at 80 and we hit it. Instantly I can hear a turbo spooling, that is before he got more than 3 lengths away in just as many seconds. I watched him walk me, and my first thought was that I forgot to press the accelerator, but a quick look down and I was at 120. He shut down after he was about six car lengths ahead of me.

I would like to say at this point that I know that my 86 Camaro is one of the ones with the least power, and the TPI engines have hardly any top end. But I've ran other third-gens, other ricers, mustangs, LT1's and even a few LS1's, but I have never been walked that badly before, even by an LS1.

We went 2 more times with the same outcome, he slowed down faster after the last one because of a car in front of him and I passed him and the other car and merged over to the slow lane, he came up beside me and looked over, I smiled and threw up my hand in a shrugging sort of motion. He smiled and took off, and got off at the next exit. I continued my drive wondering what the hell he had under the hood.

The funny thing was that it was one of the best sleepers I had ever seen; a dirty, beat up, common-for-ricers car that pulled on me worse than LS1s I've ran with.

Cliff Notes:
    Integra: 1 Me: 0

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Those black rims should have tipped you off to the great power that car has! I feel for you on getting killed by a ricer! Atleast is sounds like he was cool about it.

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

I walked a 3rd gen by about 5 cars and im pretty much stock
    No top end.. Dont race on the highway

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yea 6 cars is an ass whoopin

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i had the same thing a few years ago with a stock looking supra... it sounded like it had a 747 turbine installed in it when it blew past me... and it actually had exhaust that sounded meaty and almost v8ish and not like a bumble bee..

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Sounds like a clean death...but I find it hard to believe a ls1 wouldn't pull you just as hard. I had a 89 iroc 305 tpi with some bolt-ons and it isn't even 1/4 as fast as my ls1...especially at those speeds.

bright red
    1993 z28 camaro

yea you can not race a 305 tpi at 80+ i had an 86 305 tpi that actually had been rebuilt before i got it and at an 80+ punch my 93 lt-1 would easily put 5 cars on the iroc. hell its a full 2 secs faster from 0-60 and about 1.5 better in the 1/4

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

my ls1 would put alot more than six cars on your iroc-----even from an 80 mph roll...lol

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    Those black rims should have tipped you off to the great power that car has! I feel for you on getting killed by a ricer! Atleast is sounds like he was cool about it.
    I wouldn't call that guy a ricer because he wasn't a dickhead and his car was actually fast.

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

who said his car was fast???????they guy said it beat his 86 iroc...... i dont see how that means he's fast..........

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

he said it pulled him harder than the lt1s and ls1s, am I correct?

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

ok, so now he can tell how fast it is by losing worse then before...its a stock 86 iroc......not fast by any means....he better have got walked...and i bet the ricer was just a b16 civic-----

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

I'm calling BS on this one, you kicked his ass now tell us the truth...

Didn't you say in another post that you have over 200k on that motor? and the car is 20 years old, If I were you I'd be happy it didn't break down on you at 120

Now drive up here to Canton and well mod the shit outta that thing...

Silver
    04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by 98LSGUN View Post
    I'm calling BS on this one, you kicked his ass now tell us the truth...

Didn't you say in another post that you have over 200k on that motor? and the car is 20 years old, If I were you I'd be happy it didn't break down on you at 120

Now drive up here to Canton and well mod the shit outta that thing...
    CANTON hun I'm from Canton or a little North Like 5 mins Maybe I'll see you around Bro.

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    But I've ran other third-gens, other ricers, mustangs, LT1's and even a few LS1's, but I have never been walked that badly before, even by an LS1...
    I have to call BS on that last one. The stock Tuned Port Injection system is ridiculously restrictive above 4500-RPM... forget your LB9, even an L98 would lose severely to a stock LS1 at those speeds.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

I'd rather have a stock LS-1 over ANY and I mean ANY Integra. Most people who know cars would probably agree.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by 98LSGUN View Post
    It probably has more then 200k...the odometers in those years only go up to 99,999 and then reset to 0. I'm guessing it has at least 300k...only way to know for sure is to get a carfax on it and see how many times the miles are less then the previous registration.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    I wouldn't call that guy a ricer because he wasn't a dickhead and his car was actually fast.
    I was aiming at the look of the car and not the driver.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

i had an integra kick the shit outta my 2003 rsx-s not long after i got it from about 80-140....rsx-s with intake about 210 horse....integra gsr STOCK 170 horse..this guy obviously wasnt stock.....i shut down at 140 ...around 120 he only had a car or 2 on me....then he just started walkin..hard........nitrous??? lol ..those cars CAN be fairly quick....most arnt though.....i also raced a REAL nice 3rd gen with a cowl hood, rims, sounded camed in my lingenfelter 383 not long after i got it.....highway roll from abotu 70....beat his asss up good.....he shut down nearly immeditly to avoid the embarrassment..lol......................good death..at least it wasnt a civic

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by stangereater View Post
    CANTON hun I'm from Canton or a little North Like 5 mins Maybe I'll see you around Bro.
    Hey what's up stangereater???

Thread Information