Better to underrate than overrate!

Black
    '99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by YoMommasTA View Post
    +1

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37 View Post
    One reason.....insurance.....and not having to pay a gas guzzler tax....ok that's two....I assure you....go to the dealer drive one to a dyno and watch what happens........
    Really...well if the c5 vettes are underrated then tell me why they dyno exactly what they should for 345 bhp. They usually dyno between 290-315rwhp...yup that would be around the factory rating given that they have a independant rear.

I'm not sure who you have for auto insurance but my rate doesn't change based on hp. It has more to due with cubic inches, at least with my company. With my isurance the rates are the same for a SS or Z28...yet they're rated different. I also had a 89 iroc that I paid more per month for then my ls1 (partly due to age, but my accident on my record now more then compensates for that)...yet the iroc was a dog at 210hp on a good day.

And like the other guy said...hp/tq ratings has nothing to do with the gas guzzler tax.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

nice kills man. last time i raced from a toll booth i got hit with a ticket

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Really...well if the c5 vettes are underrated then tell me why they dyno exactly what they should for 345 bhp. They usually dyno between 290-315rwhp...yup that would be around the factory rating given that they have a independant rear.

I'm not sure who you have for auto insurance but my rate doesn't change based on hp. It has more to due with cubic inches, at least with my company. With my isurance the rates are the same for a SS or Z28...yet they're rated different. I also had a 89 iroc that I paid more per month for then my ls1 (partly due to age, but my accident on my record now more then compensates for that)...yet the iroc was a dog at 210hp on a good day.

And like the other guy said...hp/tq ratings has nothing to do with the gas guzzler tax.
    How many of them have you seen Dyno'd?

Do you know how Insurance companies come up with their rates? Age of the driver, driving record, Car Specs, Replacement Part Costs, and finally classification (sports car, sedan, and such) They go off what the manufacture puts out there.

Now....for the gas guzzler tax thing......yes I know it's based on MPG and yes that's manipulated by the manufacture.. It's based on the average MPG the car company puts out there. The horsepower rating, the MPG, anything about the car is put out there by the manufacture. Remember a few years ago when all the car companies were offering zero percent interest on their cars? My wife and I purchased an 03 Trailblazer at the time it costs $28K. You could even look at the Kelly Blue Book and it was listed right at the same price. Now, fast forward to today and you can purchase a 06 for less!! It's even listed in Kelly Blue Book for less.....It's all a racquet! They put out there exactly what they need to be out there at the time! Not trying to argue here but I didn't say what I said just to hear myself type.....look it up for yourself......

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

Danm Is That Flavor Flav In Our Forum--------i Dint Know You Had A Ls1 Trans Am-----fffflllllaaavorr Fllllaaaaaaaavvvvv

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by breakparts View Post
    Danm Is That Flavor Flav In Our Forum--------i Dint Know You Had A Ls1 Trans Am-----fffflllllaaavorr Fllllaaaaaaaavvvvv
    Guess I'm too old to understand that.....

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

Lol^^^^

Thread Information