Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

why an F-350?? why???

Well i just got back from WASTING an F-350 m5 ext.cab, I was just minding my own buisness on a double lane highway, and this ford comes up right on my tail with these 4 BRIGHT LIGHTS ON MY A$$. I swear if i would have "tapped" the brakes he would have ran me OVER!!!. so im crusing about 55-60 and i put it in 4th and gently pull away, then he moves over next to me and shifts down a gear or two (the aftermarket turbo and straight pipes just making ALL kinds of noise) he had pulled up next to me we were about 60-70mph and has his window down, he's got all kinds of gauges and gismos.

so were side by side and i have it in 3rd i let him shift and start to roll ahead, so i gun it and pull about 3 lengths on him by about 85, so we come up to a light and it turn green right about we were gonna run from a stop so we roll through at about 30. ive got it in second as he catches up and start to pass so i blow by by him again and put about 4-5 on him as i hit 70. so as we go through town he got in front of me and just revved it up all through town, im pretty happy with my second kill. sorry for it being so LONG...

F-350 boy----->
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

put it on those stupid trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    Well i just got back from WASTING an F-350 m5 ext.cab, I was just minding my own buisness on a double lane highway, and this ford comes up right on my tail with these 4 BRIGHT LIGHTS ON MY A$$. I swear if i would have "tapped" the brakes he would have ran me OVER!!!. so im crusing about 55-60 and i put it in 4th and gently pull away, then he moves over next to me and shifts down a gear or two (the aftermarket turbo and straight pipes just making ALL kinds of noise) he had pulled up next to me we were about 60-70mph and has his window down, he's got all kinds of gauges and gismos.

so were side by side and i have it in 3rd i let him shift and start to roll ahead, so i gun it and pull about 3 lengths on him by about 85, so we come up to a light and it turn green right about we were gonna run from a stop so we roll through at about 30. ive got it in second as he catches up and start to pass so i blow by by him again and put about 4-5 on him as i hit 70. so as we go through town he got in front of me and just revved it up all through town, im pretty happy with my second kill. sorry for it being so LONG...

F-350 boy----->
    killed me a truck today to lol

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

silly trucks....

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!! View Post
    silly trucks....
    sorry if i offended you.
    Last edited by Tyler_LS1; 10-04-2006 at 07:35 PM.

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    sorry if i offended you.
    haha, nope not at all

Those Turbo Diesels can make an insane amount of power. I couldnt believe the power they got out of one on HotRod TV. However, I never found out if it actually makes them fast...
    99 T/A M6
    LS6 intake, Hooker Coated Long Tubes, Y-pipe w/1 carsound cat, Hooker Catback, MTi Clear Lid, FRA w/ Holley Power Shot, ASP crank pulley, 1.8 RRs, 3.73s w/TA girdle & Eaton Differential, Granatelli SFCs, Pro 5.0 Shifter, LS6 Clutch, Diablo, TByrnes Maf Ends (in winter), All the Free Mods

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

well i was very surprised at this one. at first i wasnt even trying until i realized it was a faily quick truck, i think i had it to the floor once, it is pretty fast for what it is, il give it that, but come on did he seriously think he would win?
    Last edited by Tyler_LS1; 10-04-2006 at 07:35 PM.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    Those Turbo Diesels can make an insane amount of power. I couldnt believe the power they got out of one on HotRod TV. However, I never found out if it actually makes them fast...
    There are many fast Duramax's and Powerstrokes and Dodge cummins trucks that are consistantly running in anywhere from the 10 to 13 second quartermile range depending on boost level and modifications. They make madd torque. Probably most you run accross may have a chip and exaust and are quick but will get smoked by an ls1, but you never know diesel performance is pretty popular these days and there are some quick trucks running around.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

yeah you gotta love those diesels, mine is the second fastest vehicle I own, runs low 12s, with low boost, I DO use it to tow alot so I really don't want to increase the boost a whole lot. But I've beaten a LS-1 Z-28 and a LS-2 Vette here at the track, good times. OBTW 2005 Dodge CTD 4x4, 506hp@2400rpms
    786ft.lbs. of torque@1700 rpms
    2006 impulse blue G.T.O
    Iron Block 408
    Cam
    Pacesetter ceramic coated L.T.s
    LMII exhaust
    K&N CAI
    Ported TB
    Custom Tune
    FAST 90
    ZEX 125hp wet shot

black
    00 ss camaro

yeah for sure with those diesels... i started bull shittin with a guy in a dyno shop while my lightning was gettin tuned.. i almost let my mouth override my ass but i thought right b4 i sed somtin that there was proly a reason that damn thing was on a dyno he showed me about 20 hundred feet of burn out in front of the shop with no brake stand... no wonder they run em in 4 high
    00 SS TRak CAM,VALVETRAIN,CAI,HOOKER LT'S,3" ORY,CAT DELETE,PCV+EGR DELETE,LS6 MAN.90MM PORTED T/B, ASP UNDERDRIVE PULLEY,LS6PORTED OIL PUMP, FULLY BUILT T56 VIPER TRANNY,MOSER 12 BOLT 3.73'S 33 SPLINE BOLT IN AXELS ALL HOTCHKISS SUSPENSION.,BMR ADJ. TQ. ARM.,SFC'S, E. CUTOUT. 423 rwhp 416 rwTQ.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Those diesels can be sick with some Gale Banks work.

1000+ rwtq
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

Thread Information