Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Awaiting Activation

Quicksilver
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by PurEvl
    your a fucking idiot LOL! Im known on these boards for all my cars.. and it used to be in my sig ya cockflute. And if you think 2004 automatic gto's are going any faster then low 14 high 13 you need to search around. Grow up little boy. I still have 3 ls1/ls6 based cars in my driveway...what do you have?

oh speaking of, anyone need some brand new 18" gto rim/tires?
    I rest my case.

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlusTen
    i dont think ill ever forgive dodge for taking a classic name like Charger and slapping it on a 4 door. Ill admit they are nice looking cars (expecially the srt-8 version with the hood scoop) and id drive one, but i really wish they would have called it what it was, a Magnum sedan. I guess its no diffrent than when they did it with the omnis in the 80s but enoughs enough... build a charger the way it was ment to be built, long, sleek, and 2 doored... hell even the concept from a few years ago looked better and it was a 4 door, in my opinion they were just trying to make a quick buck by playing that herritage card like fords doing (sucessfully i might add) with the mustang. eh oh well, atleast its a v-8 rear wheel drive and not a 4 cylinder with a turbo. I say atleast give us a manual tranny, or some more color choices (come on limelight green, plum crazy purple, hemi orange, go mango????) Mabey theyll come back with the Challenger in 2 door... we can only hope.

at any rate, nice kill, i cant wait till i get up next to one...prefferbly in my 70 Challenger
    ok, i withdraw all negitive statements i made about the new charger... i test drove a daytona today...holy hell im impressed. Its no LS-1 but that thing is sweet. If i had the money id go throw a down payment on one tonight... truley awesome car

dylan24
    Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my T/A. But...I personally applaud Dodge for having the balls to make the car a four door car. And, if you take the time to look at the roof line and thighs of the car, you will notice styling cues from the 60s/70s Chargers, along with the two circle taillights (although enclosed in a box) reminiscent of the early Chargers as well. Plus you can't kid yourself, two doors are a sluggish market these days. So why not build a good looking, fast, coupe looking car with nice V8 RWD power, with the everyday usability of a sedan. Makes sense to me. You can't knock that hemi either. 0-60 5.3 in a huge sedan (300C) or 6.8 in a full size truck (Ram 1500). Thats pretty awesome to me.

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlusTen
    i dont think ill ever forgive dodge for taking a classic name like Charger and slapping it on a 4 door.
    That says it all. I think the new Charger is one of the biggest disgraces in automotive history. But that's just my opinion.

Awaiting Activation

Quicksilver
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by dylan24
    Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my T/A. But...I personally applaud Dodge for having the balls to make the car a four door car. And, if you take the time to look at the roof line and thighs of the car, you will notice styling cues from the 60s/70s Chargers, along with the two circle taillights (although enclosed in a box) reminiscent of the early Chargers as well. Plus you can't kid yourself, two doors are a sluggish market these days. So why not build a good looking, fast, coupe looking car with nice V8 RWD power, with the everyday usability of a sedan. Makes sense to me. You can't knock that hemi either. 0-60 5.3 in a huge sedan (300C) or 6.8 in a full size truck (Ram 1500). Thats pretty awesome to me.
    Because some of us still want a 2 door coupe. There are plenty of capable 4 door family cars available. What domestic 2 door rwd V8 coupes are available? TWO that aren't Corvette or Viper or Solstice. Cars don't need to be retro to sell. Just well-thought-out, tasteful design that is quality built, reasonably priced, and offer great performance. Although I'm not a Charger fan, I probably would be if it were 2 door and the front wasn't so ugly. There is a market currently unfulfilled for mid-sized (domestic) V8 rwd, 2 door coupes.

onelove
    Newbie posting here guys.

The Chargers, Magnums and 300s are nice but they have one major problem - No manual trans. That would help the car overcome its weight issue (it's a bit of a porker) and get the non-SRT8 models well into the 13s.

By basing the cars on the last Mercedes E-Class, Chrysler precluded itself from a manual trans option for the cars.

Nevertheless, the cars are a hit and they didn't have to engineer a 2door coupe to get a new 'Charger'. Blasphemy you say? Perhaps, but Daimler Chryslers balance sheets are quite pleased.

In the meantime, Ford is selling every 5-speed Mustang GT it can make, Pontiac is finally shifting GTOs now that they've added the appropriate engine package, and Dodge has three models for sale with V8s making 425bhp.

There's never been a better time for speed junkies than right now.

As for me, I needed at least 300hp, a manual trans and the practicality of four doors. I had to go with a rice rocket, so I sold my Firebird and bought the one with the most torque - the ;06 STi.

The day one of the domestics sells a sporty four door with some real horsepower and a manual trans, is the day I sell my Subie.

Until then, I'll keep on outbraking and outturning my F and G body brethren only to get walked on the straights.
    Last edited by onelove; 10-07-2005 at 06:21 AM.

Thread Information