Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

99 Z28 vs. 05 Red GTO

Went to the track this weekend to get a time on her after putting the heads, meziere, and weight reduction mods.

First run, alone, left lane, and spinning all over the place:
    2.32 60 ft
    9.19 ET 1/8th mile
    97.4 MPH trap

Second run, vs. 05 GTO, the Z28 lost traction through second, and for a piece of third, I think all the trackbite was gone by the time I went into second, cause it hooked HARD out of the hole.
    GTO
    2.36 60 ft.
    9.21 ET
    92.98 MPH trap

99 Z28
    2.09 60 ft. <---sprayed trackbite
    8.34 ET
    97.40 MPH trap

Result: Put 2 car lengths on the GTO by the top of third.

I got into another race on the way home on the highway with a white LS1 Z28. Looked like he had a crapmaster on it. He got on my ass, I moved over, then he gets beside me and punches it when we are making about 80 or so. I let him get a two second jump, then laid down on it in fourth. I shut her down at about 120 and I had a bus on his ass. He got up behind me again, and I gave him the same fourth gear treatment. After that he just hung back for a couple miles, then flashed his headlights when he got off the highway. I don't think he wanted anymore of that beast.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

What kinda tires you using? I have way less power and ran a 8.36 but my trap is lower. Probably because of the AWD launch at 6krpm. I got 1.86 60ft's 4 out of 5 times with the heavy 18's. Keep up the good work.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I got 295/35 Toyo Proxes T1R. Good tire, real nice looking. Before I did the heads, Meziere, and weight drop action, they would hook pretty good when hot. Now it's just spin city. Track bite stuff worked like a charm with 'em though. Prolly gonna do some suspension mods next, adj. lca's or something.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    I got 295/35 Toyo Proxes T1R. Good tire, real nice looking. Before I did the heads, Meziere, and weight drop action, they would hook pretty good when hot. Now it's just spin city. Track bite stuff worked like a charm with 'em though. Prolly gonna do some suspension mods next, adj. lca's or something.
    that should drop your 60's ...man i cant wait to see what times your going to post with the suspension mods its going to be hot like
    mods- suncoast creations hood with functional lt1 style airbox, ls6 intake, QTP longtube headers, QTP ORY, UMI SFC, Adj. LCA with relo brackets, UMI adj. panhard bar, Koni SA and strano springs,Torq Thrust M 17s 9.5 and 10.5 with nitto 555Rs, tuned by Frost
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    sometimes you get owned, sometimes you own.

red
    1959 corvette

Do you have a chassis mounted torque arm? Im running consistant 8.6s without a torque arm yet and 2.0## 60ft and I have 307rwhp. From what I've seen (my buddy) was running 8.6s and just by putting the torque arm on was running high 8.3s, big difference. Im running street tires to.

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    what???? dude i got stock 06 stang GT and i ran 8.7 1/8 mile.. (best run) and 2.3 60' and i ran 9.2 1/8 miles (one of the bad runs)

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by doodad. View Post
    what???? dude i got stock 06 stang GT and i ran 8.7 1/8 mile.. (best run) and 2.3 60' and i ran 9.2 1/8 miles (one of the bad runs)
    with a 97 trap...doubt it

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    with a 97 trap...doubt it
    no my best trap was 80mph

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 1959ls1 View Post
    Do you have a chassis mounted torque arm? Im running consistant 8.6s without a torque arm yet and 2.0## 60ft and I have 307rwhp. From what I've seen (my buddy) was running 8.6s and just by putting the torque arm on was running high 8.3s, big difference. Im running street tires to.

I got the BMR welded subframe w/ the torque arm mounted on the subframe instead of the tranny. I think I broke something last night. I hear a CLUNK.. CA CLUNK CLUNK when I engage each gear now. Sounds like it is right up under the drivers side on the left rear tire...

Guess I'll be mechanic'n again Saturday.

No doubt my track escapades contributed greatly to that damage.
    Last edited by Roastem; 09-29-2006 at 07:14 AM.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by doodad. View Post
    no my best trap was 80mph
    Slicks and I'll run mid 7's. I don't plan to make her a track whore. She is just for putting non-GM cars in their place on the street.

And maybe a few GM ones too.
    Last edited by Roastem; 09-29-2006 at 07:12 AM.

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Slicks and I'll run mid 7's. I don't plan to make her a track whore. She is just for putting non-GM cars in their place on the street.

And maybe a few GM ones too.
    Well i think its gonna be tougher to get grip on the streets. I went to the 1/8 dragstrip last night again and the best time i saw on a stock 06 mustang gt was 9.1. I brought down my times too. Old best of 8.36 to 8.19 with the exact same 60footer 1.85. No burnout, no slicks, no race gas. I think im learning how to shift better. I ran in the 8.2's 3out of 4 times. I ran a modded z28, c5 vette, and a old turboed honda hatchback multiple times. This dam honda would not accept the loss. His gang of freinds with video cameras were desperate to catch him beating me on video. He ran constant 8.45's Roastem how do you trap so high?? Do you spin thru all 1st gear then finally grip? I have been told that if you get a slow 60footer you will trap higher mph. I looked at some of my slips and got higher mph traps but slower times.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Lotsa HP/TQ and about 300 lbs liposuction on her ass...

For the 8.34 run it spun through second, that is where I think I lost the ET at. I sprayed trackbite, but I didn't know if it would hook, so I took off feathering and slipping the clutch a little, but I QUICKLY realized she had nothing but TRACTION! But in second she practically blew 'em off, which surprised me considering the grip in first.

Trap speed is a direct indicator of whether you are making more power, or have dropped some weight, or a combination of both. I have also noted that high horsepower street cars have crappy ET's (Lingenfelter Twin Turbo 'Vette), but blazing trap speeds.

I think that little track adventure sealed my BMR torque arms fate, two days later it BROKE, I took it off to survey the damage and it was broke and bent!

red
    1959 corvette

Was it a tranny mounted one?

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Took off the BMR torque arm on Friday, it was DESTROYED. The end connecting to the subframe broke in half and the bottom arm was bent UPWARDS. Damn rwtq.

Thread Information