Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Bro I know how a turbo system works believe me, but a boost controller is a boost controller. A Turbo controller is a controller for Xbox
    Awesome! So how many hp should I get outta the whole XBox360? LMAO! Funny as hell Tom!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

well after reading the first post i believe he means by turbo controller that he saw a boost gauge

allllllllll black
    2002 35th z28

it was definately some sort of boost controll or some shit like that.....NOT a video game controller....IF HE HAD THE X-BOX 360 HE WOULD HAVE SMOKED ME.....AND IT WAS AN ECLIPSE IT MUST HAVE HAD FRONT WHEEL DRIVE......SO WHY ASK QUESTIONS TO DOOP MY THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by unnatural aspirations View Post
    it was definately some sort of boost controll or some shit like that.....NOT a video game controller....IF HE HAD THE X-BOX 360 HE WOULD HAVE SMOKED ME.....AND IT WAS AN ECLIPSE IT MUST HAVE HAD FRONT WHEEL DRIVE......SO WHY ASK QUESTIONS TO DOOP MY THREAD....
    All Im saying is you could have been looking a turbo timer or something of that nature. Nobody's boost controllers are usually in plain sight... ever. I was kidding about the video game controller, I have one and thought it was funny.

You said you would have smoked it from the line but 50% of turbo Eclipses are all wheel drive...

Quote Originally Posted by specialized.1 View Post
    Hey Rice Cooker.
    I saw your car in a magazine years and years ago. How long have you owned it? Is it your car or is that just your pic for this site? That poster was on my wall for years as I grew up. Too cool...
    Not mine, I found it on Google.

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    cant be his then, might be his fathers, and this may be a stupid question but is that a twin turbo supercharged setup?
    Why would it be stupid if you don't know? It's a carburated twinturbo supercharged TA. Not trying to start shit, just trying to stop it. I'm sure guys with the snail don't consider it gay. We need to know all the options available to us and be open minded about finding new ways for reliable gobs of power.
    If it doesn't have a turbo or a V8, it doesn't belong on the road.

Hey guys look it came back from the shop! I still need a bigger wing though...

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    ive never heard of a hybrid turbo kit, maybe its the sts, and if that was the stupidest statement you've ever heard here, you havent been around long/enough
    SS- I am with you, I've said worse and dumber things.....

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711 View Post
    SS- I am with you, I've said worse and dumber things.....
    yeah, and i can vouch for that.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

psshh, i dont know what hurley711 is talking about

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by unnatural aspirations View Post
    i was playing with this rice rocket with carbon fiber hood and noticed a turbo controller and his car was loud. so we egged each other on....car seemed real quick so i was ansy...so we get a light but im behind him and he takes off normal and i close the gap thinking he would go...shift to 2nd and it was a real early shift.....so he goes and i roll from 2nd and pass him in the r hand lane by 3rd....he said he never been beat by an SS before ...i was like sorry its a Z28.....he says he runs a HYBRID TURBO .....I DONT KNOW WHAT THAT IS EXACTLY...but this is the fastest ricer I have raced..........exept for the supra ,of course...I WANTED TO GO FROM A DIG AND MURDER HIS CAR....BUT that was in 5 o clock traffic so i backed off with a grin.........and gave him an ass spankin
    he aint never raced an ss

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Bro I know how a turbo system works believe me, but a boost controller is a boost controller. A Turbo controller is a controller for Xbox

Is this what he saw inside his car? In all my life Ive never been able to visually see a boost controller from outside a car.
    Click for full size
    they came out durring the PS and n64 era..i had one for my ps..man i whipped the shit outta mgs with the turbo controler ahh the memories

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    they came out durring the PS and n64 era..i had one for my ps..man i whipped the shit outta mgs with the turbo controler ahh the memories

Yeah those are some fun times. Haha well... kinda OT.

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i remember mario on snes and i would get the cape and put it on turbo mode and he'd spin really fast and i could just run through the levels

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

Saw Dude This Weekend-------he Told Me Its On 19.5 Psi With Cams,ported Head,and Bolt Ons...not Your Run Of The Mill Ricer......most Bullshit When It Comes Down To It They Are Slow......id Say This Ricer Could Spank A Stock Ss Or Z For Sure Im Gonna Get Some Of My Stock Buddies To Race Him..........

Quote Originally Posted by breakparts View Post
    Saw Dude This Weekend-------he Told Me Its On 19.5 Psi With Cams,ported Head,and Bolt Ons...not Your Run Of The Mill Ricer......most Bullshit When It Comes Down To It They Are Slow......id Say This Ricer Could Spank A Stock Ss Or Z For Sure Im Gonna Get Some Of My Stock Buddies To Race Him..........

Thats very very strange combo of modifications and he did not say upgraded turbo. The weakest part of the 2G Eclipse/Talons was the hairdryer T25 turbo which I think at best went 13.8 or so. Makes sense since he said 19.5 because the T25 cant handle anything more while if he had a 16G at least, you run 22-23. To make those 2G DSMs quick you need a real sized turbo, some cams and some fuel.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

there are 14b fwd's in the 11's

Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    there are 14b fwd's in the 11's

Yes stripped to nothing, with slicks, aggressive tunes and leaded race gas. Your average 14B setup car wont even hit high 12s.

Its kind of like a stock turbo'd EVO running low 11s. Can you do it? Sure, but its most definitely not the norm. Most stock turbo'd EVOs run in 12-13s, good amount in the high 11s and almost done below that except for a select couple. One guy with EVO went 10.5 on stock turbo, but whose duplicating that?

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

the point is that you don't need a massive turbo to make good times, I had my 2nd gen with a evo3 16g making close to 375whp. and if you compare that to a "real sized" 50 trim its tiny but its possible to make a well tuned 16g car faster than a big #'s car. #'s arent everything.
    And since the 16g is still a mitsu turbo you can still say it the factory turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    the point is that you don't need a massive turbo to make good times, I had my 2nd gen with a evo3 16g making close to 375whp. and if you compare that to a "real sized" 50 trim its tiny but its possible to make a well tuned 16g car faster than a big #'s car. #'s arent everything.
    And since the 16g is still a mitsu turbo you can still say it the factory turbo.
    No one calls the 16G a factory turbo. I used to have a 90 AWD myself with an EVO 16G. I also had it basically to the max and I beat most bigger turbo'd DSMs I ran however, its just not the norm, that was my point.

Im one to know you dont need the biggy to go fast but in most cases it is.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

I would always pull that, saying "see look td04h, stock turbo"
    But yeah as long as we are in agreement.

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

the guy wasnt running the stock turbo--READ THE POST AGAIN

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information