Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ws.666 vs s2000

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by s2knky View Post
    Stock camaro LS1s run low 13s stock? I see an awful lot of them just barely cutting under 14. Given - driver experience is alot of it, but I've been around the strip for 10 years now. I'd give them 13.7s consistently at best - in stock trim.
    Barely under 14?? Are you sure you're not talking about LT1s?? The LS1 runs low 13's stock with a good driver, plain and simple. My car cut a 13.2 stock, its an M6 LS1 T/A. Get a clue.

Exclusively in the category of strength for dragstrip type launches, a solid rear axle would be beneficial on high torque motors. It's also an achilles heel if you ever want to actually take the car out and drive it. My little 220whp "honduh" had no trouble today leaving a following pair of 350+ whp Mustangs through a fine array of twisties. I didn't even have to downshift to pull out of visibility.
    An Achilles heel?? Have you even ever driven anything besides an S2000?? Obviously not, typical import driver claiming "solid axle Domestics can't handle". My WS6 has front and rear performance sway bars, 17" wheels on Eagle F1s, Strut Brace, and Bilsteins at all 4 corners. Your car would not leave me behind in the twisties. Outhandling a stock Mustang is pointless, obviously its not going to handle as well as an S2000 stock for stock.

I don't think the C1 vettes had IRS - but otherwise you're correct there. I hadn't realized that they'd been employing that technology so long. The few C3's I've been under have some crazy flipped rear leaf spring. Kinda looked like a cheap way out of doing a real coil setup.

Enough of the riceboy comments also. My car sees the track and the dyno, not the sticker shop and the pep boys parking lot.
    Okay...you're on LS1.com bragging about your 4 cylinder Honda, and telling us that LS1's run 14's and Domestics can't handle. You're a ricer, sorry to brek it to you bud

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

s2knky doesn't sound like a ricer to me...he actually sounds more like a car enthusiast. He doesn't own a ls1 and there's nothing wrong with that. IMO there's nothing wrong with a properly modded "import"...his car is quick.

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

There's just no reasoning with some people. The V8 / I4 flame never gets resolved, no point in egging it on.

This is where the Honda guy starts the power to weight rant. Then the V8 guy keeps poking at, "What power?". Then it generally resorts to name calling.....oh wait, someone already did that.

Guess he's ahead of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Umm..sorry but I disagree. I'd consider any Jap car with a buzzy, no torque 4 banger "rice". S2000 included. He's a ricer, plain and simple - he claims LS1s run 14's - yea okay , maybe in ricerland, the same place where S2K's run 13s...please

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

....soooo when you wanna run em? Saturday is "stick car" day at edgewater i think. It might be bracketing, which I will not do.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

It's quicker now - but still mid 13s at best. No torque, no weight, and high revs make for a bitch to launch. Even the ones in the 10s are barely getting their 60' under 1.8

Grrrr... won't let me post URLs....here, do the math.

media.putfile.com/S2kVsStang
    damn, that was a nice run

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

Barely under 14?? Are you sure you're not talking about LT1s?? The LS1 runs low 13's stock with a good driver, plain and simple. My car cut a 13.2 stock, its an M6 LS1 T/A. Get a clue.

So you're saying the WS6 runs 13.2s, on pump gas, on stock rubber. If that's factual, then I stand corrected. Maybe the dozens of stock LS1 powered cars I see at the track just haven't been driven right.

An Achilles heel?? Have you even ever driven anything besides an S2000?? Obviously not, typical import driver claiming "solid axle Domestics can't handle". My WS6 has front and rear performance sway bars, 17" wheels on Eagle F1s, Strut Brace, and Bilsteins at all 4 corners. Your car would not leave me behind in the twisties. Outhandling a stock Mustang is pointless, obviously its not going to handle as well as an S2000 stock for stock.

A better question would be have you ever autocrossed? F-bodys don't generally fare too well. Vettes have their hands full with properly driven Integras. This isn't opinion, it's fact. Read the standings on any SCCA chapters pages. Solid rear axle isn't built for the twisties - good suspension or no. It's even to the point now, where an amazing little machine built by Lotus, is giving C6 vettes a really good match on the tracks with good straightaways.

Okay...you're on LS1.com bragging about your 4 cylinder Honda, and telling us that LS1's run 14's and Domestics can't handle. You're a ricer, sorry to brek it to you bud
    You might re-read my posts. I don't brag. Stating reality and posting factual information aren't bragging, particularly when I'm being anonymously attacked on a forum I didn't even belong too. I'm not stating anything that isn't true. In the event I am posting opinions - you might see the little IMO tag. Also, if I stand corrected, I'm happy to admit fault. Notice my comment on the vettes - I wasn't aware they had been IRS for so long.

The real challenge here is to open your eyes. There's so much more to fast cars than 6 liter V8s and solid rear axles.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

You might re-read my posts. I don't brag. Stating reality and posting factual information aren't bragging, particularly when I'm being anonymously attacked on a forum I didn't even belong too. I'm not stating anything that isn't true. In the event I am posting opinions - you might see the little IMO tag. Also, if I stand corrected, I'm happy to admit fault. Notice my comment on the vettes - I wasn't aware they had been IRS for so long.

The real challenge here is to open your eyes. There's so much more to fast cars than 6 liter V8s and solid rear axles.
    PREACH!!!!!!!!!! to the childern....Preach!
    mods- suncoast creations hood with functional lt1 style airbox, ls6 intake, QTP longtube headers, QTP ORY, UMI SFC, Adj. LCA with relo brackets, UMI adj. panhard bar, Koni SA and strano springs,Torq Thrust M 17s 9.5 and 10.5 with nitto 555Rs, tuned by Frost
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    sometimes you get owned, sometimes you own.

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

The more I read this thread the more I like this honda guy. Do you have any more pictures of that girl in your sig???

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

None with that many clothes on.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    The more I read this thread the more I like this honda guy. Do you have any more pictures of that girl in your sig???

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Well post em then!!!! Or PM them!!!

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

Lol. Trying to recall her name. At the Atlanta HIN last year. Chick you always see with Lorabel Rey....April something or other....

Stock camaro LS1s run low 13s stock? I see an awful lot of them just barely cutting under 14. Given - driver experience is alot of it, but I've been around the strip for 10 years now. I'd give them 13.7s consistently at best - in stock trim.
    This doesn't say much for the drivers in your area then. Driving experience has more than just a lot to do with it. Last month, my buddy brought his LS7 inspired ZO6 to e-Town for a couple of runs. He had the car for a few months before that, as is more than an experienced driver (we've been racing together since the advent of the LT1).

Being new to vette's, the best that he could pull off with it was a 12.11...

A bet was made behind the scenes, and after a great deal of convincing... he surrendered his keys to another friend of ours, being very fluent w/vettes, to drive for him. The burn out was made, they pulled up to the tree, third yellow light flashed, clutch was dropped, and he ended with an 11.69. Yes, driving experience has a lot to do with it.

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

Oh absolutely. My first trip to the track in my S2000 I don't think I ran under a 15 flat. Prior to that the only RWD cars I'd launched had been 302 powered Stangs - which are just a matter of feathering 1st gear until traction sets in, and easing it into 2nd to keep it straight.

People who don't frequently sit in front of the tree and get the adrenaline rush don't know the beauty of a well exectured run.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    This doesn't say much for the drivers in your area then. Driving experience has more than just a lot to do with it. Last month, my buddy brought his LS7 inspired ZO6 to e-Town for a couple of runs. He had the car for a few months before that, as is more than an experienced driver (we've been racing together since the advent of the LT1).

Being new to vette's, the best that he could pull off with it was a 12.11...

A bet was made behind the scenes, and after a great deal of convincing... he surrendered his keys to another friend of ours, being very fluent w/vettes, to drive for him. The burn out was made, they pulled up to the tree, third yellow light flashed, clutch was dropped, and he ended with an 11.69. Yes, driving experience has a lot to do with it.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

So you're saying the WS6 runs 13.2s, on pump gas, on stock rubber. If that's factual, then I stand corrected. Maybe the dozens of stock LS1 powered cars I see at the track just haven't been driven right.
    Yes, that is factual. Stock motor, stock tires, and pump gas. The majority of people can't drive, it takes a good driver to run a car at its peak performance.

You're telling us that you "don't brag", yet you're on an LS1 site trying to tell us how great your Honda S2000 is. We don't think they are great, otherwise we would have bought one of those instead. So basically we don't want to hear your opinion of how you think the S2000 is better than an LS1, because we don't agree. Simple as that.

I know that. I've plenty of cars, everything from 4 cylinder riceburners to 70's muscle cars. I know what I like to drive, and despite what you claim, I don't think S2000's are great cars at all. Its a gutless 4 cylinder, it sounds like crap, and it looks like a chick car. Thats my opinion, I'm not "close minded" despite what you may think, that just what I've concluded based on my own experience and observations. After driving a 4 cylinder Jap car, my LS1 T/A just makes me realize how much more I like American muscle

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

Once again, you overstate sir.

Every platform has it's own advantages. I never liken any to being completely superior over another. Talking the ups and downs of setups and configurations, that's a different story.

By saying "we" you also might be overstating. The consesus appears to be the opposite.

You like your LS1. I get it. I like my Honda. You get it. Knocking my car with each post and sticking a label on me while claiming to be an experienced car guy just presents you as immature and condescending, IMO anyway.

I only jumped on here after noticing someone deciding it was the cool thing to do to start ripping on me publicly on a forum I didn't subscribe to. It would seem from some of the postings, that there is a nice variety of automotive background on here, and probably a wealth of knowledge and experience to draw from.

This wealth doesn't include ricer comments and personal attacks.

Now - in an attempt to get past the flaming....since it sounds like you've been doing the car thing, what kinda numbers you getting out of that massive V8? Generally people who have shopped around a bit know what they want to build, and put the right parts on. Perhaps that conversation should be continued in another forum? Dunno about the format here.

Yes, that is factual. Stock motor, stock tires, and pump gas. The majority of people can't drive, it takes a good driver to run a car at its peak performance.

You're telling us that you "don't brag", yet you're on an LS1 site trying to tell us how great your Honda S2000 is. We don't think they are great, otherwise we would have bought one of those instead. So basically we don't want to hear your opinion of how you think the S2000 is better than an LS1, because we don't agree. Simple as that.

I know that. I've plenty of cars, everything from 4 cylinder riceburners to 70's muscle cars. I know what I like to drive, and despite what you claim, I don't think S2000's are great cars at all. Its a gutless 4 cylinder, it sounds like crap, and it looks like a chick car. Thats my opinion, I'm not "close minded" despite what you may think, that just what I've concluded based on my own experience and observations. After driving a 4 cylinder Jap car, my LS1 T/A just makes me realize how much more I like American muscle

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Smile

man this wesman guys getting old...almost every post he has posted.. has 4 instances of "rice" in each one ..i don't have a prob with wesman..but he's bashing this guy for really no reason...honda guy i'm on your side..and i think most of the people on this forum are..your a car enthusist and thats all matters.. welcome to the ls1 forum

Black
    99 SS

gay, race em and then talk shit to each other, lol

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    gay, race em and then talk shit to each other, lol
    +1

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

oh well, looks like he punk'd out, guess i win by default. he wrote this on the other board:

Quote Originally Posted by s2knky
    Quite frankly, my feelings on the matter are this is a closed item. After being informed of the flaming assault going on toward my person and my vehicle, I'd think I have every right to be a bit peeved.

Years of doing this online thing and doing the car thing though tends to make one thick skinned, and realize people do talk alot of shit, and it generally doesn't mean anything.

I gain nothing by racing you but putting myself in a position to get a costly ticket.

I've gotten costly tickets before. I'm not going there again if I can help it.

I go to the track with a camera and post my runs and slips. I couldn't bs anybody about how fast my car is if I wanted to. It is what it is, and the numbers are posted.

If you run faster than that - you win. If you don't - I win. Either way, the smack talk is unappreciated and uncalled for.

I'm the first person to talk my car up, because it's a beautiful machine, and I enjoy every minute of driving it.

I'm also the first person to compliment a well treated 350z, STi, redneck limousine, Mustang, you name it.

I facilitate a friendly car forum with this board, that I pay to host every month because I enjoy the community and company of serious car enthusiasts, without the BS.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    oh well, looks like he punk'd out, guess i win by default. he wrote this on the other board:
    "Redneck Limousine" I can tell by that post that guy is a major league douche.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information