Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

I wouldnt say CRAZY fast either. But good enough for roll races.

black
    2000 SS

Quote Originally Posted by BadBlueBird* View Post
    Are you on crack? What is crazy fast to you? I havent had one even remotely close to me modded or not.

Granted Ive never raced a SUPER heavily modded one
    i may get some hashing here, or disagreements, BUT, that's all in fun, right?

stock ls1's run mid 13's on street tires, stock srt's run high 13's on street tires. the difference between a 13.5 in a f-body and a 13.8 in an srt, on the street, would be pretty damn close. honelsty i'm not pulling for either car since I have both. and a fox body mustang, so i'm just a speed whore, so no favorites in the makers or name badges.

if you like fast cars, like everyone on this board, dont hate on a 4 door car, with half the engine, that's right on your back bumper if not beside you.

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Amen.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by waylonSS View Post
    i may get some hashing here, or disagreements, BUT, that's all in fun, right?

stock ls1's run mid 13's on street tires, stock srt's run high 13's on street tires. the difference between a 13.5 in a f-body and a 13.8 in an srt, on the street, would be pretty damn close. honelsty i'm not pulling for either car since I have both. and a fox body mustang, so i'm just a speed whore, so no favorites in the makers or name badges.

if you like fast cars, like everyone on this board, dont hate on a 4 door car, with half the engine, that's right on your back bumper if not beside you.
    You're making the SRT-4 out to be faster than it really is, you're comparing the SRT-4's best possible 1/4 mile ET to a rather high one for the LS1. Have you ever driven or ridden in one?? They aren't even close to being as fast as an M6 LS1. Most stock SRT-4's run about 14.2-14.4, most stock M6 LS1's run between 13.2-13.4. Thats a full second difference, not a few tenths.

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Those look like magazine times. In the real world an srt4 would get out of the hole quicker on the street. Street tires.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    You're making the SRT-4 out to be faster than it really is, you're comparing the SRT-4's best possible 1/4 mile ET to a rather high one for the LS1. Have you ever driven or ridden in one?? They aren't even close to being as fast as an M6 LS1. Most stock SRT-4's run about 14.2-14.4, most stock M6 LS1's run between 13.2-13.4. Thats a full second difference, not a few tenths.
    Most do......but i was fortunate enough to get a 13.79@101 out of mine bone stock. But stock for stock, driver for driver and Ls1 car wins hands down. Mine is i guess what you would call "heavily" modded now and should be good for some 12.8s or so. Well see when i get it back.

Thread Information