Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

actually arent evo's AWD and they are just a diff. breed...can't hate on evos..they do what they do well..i have respect for evos becuase they do what they do better then any other car that tries. but i love t/a becuase a t/a is a t/a..you know what i mean

Black
    99 Z28

STI's and Evo's are mean as hell. They might not be impressive off the line, but they can hang with an LS1 on the highway. They can also eat corners up big time. An F-body couldnt keep up with a Evo on a track. Their handling is supreme over anything else. That being ricers or muscle.

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Quote Originally Posted by HTX View Post
    STI's and Evo's are mean as hell. They might not be impressive off the line, but they can hang with an LS1 on the highway. They can also eat corners up big time. An F-body couldnt keep up with a Evo on a track. Their handling is supreme over anything else. That being ricers or muscle.
    Thanks for the showin us love guys. We like GM muscle as well. Thats why we are here. I wish we had the LS1 highway power stock. HTX, i think you have it the opposite way. We are rockets off the line and start to die off at higher speeds.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Dude you have it totally backwards - Evos and STIs can launch hard off the line and get the jump, but they don't have shit on the highway. Especially not against LS1's. Hence the reason they run low 13's in the 1/4 but only trap at 102MPH.

Its not so much that they handle so great, its that their predictable and forgiving handling makes them easy to drive. Watch the Top gear episode of Lambo vs. Evo and you'll see how it is.

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

That evo is an FQ edition. Only available in the UK. And the evo is NOT easy to drive. People think we have no problems launchng off the line but in reality 1/2 of the evo owners out there know the proper way. The rest just bog.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by EVO8 driver View Post
    That evo is an FQ edition. Only available in the UK. And the evo is NOT easy to drive. People think we have no problems launchng off the line but in reality 1/2 of the evo owners out there know the proper way. The rest just bog.
    I didn't mean easy to drive in terms of launching - not by any means. Launching a turbo 4 cylinder that has no power below 3,000RPM and no possible wheel spin definitely isn't easy, unless you just rev it to 6K and drop the clutch. Then say bye bye to your trans and clutch.

What I meant was they are easy to drive handling wise. It takes much, much more skill to drive something like a Corvette around a road course compared to an Evo or STi, which can make anyone look like a professional driver.

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Launching an evo anything under 5k is not launching. It will bog. My launch control is set at 6k rpm and it builds 12psi of boost from a deadstop. Its an extremely hard launch. Dropping the clutch is what kills our trannys. Slipping fast is the correct method. I see what you mean.

Black
    99 Z28

Ive raced two STI's and they were both slow off the line. Even my friend is his stang GT pulled on him.But when I launched one from 60 we were pretty even untill about 110. I dont know maybe the guys werent pushing their cars real hard on the line. Just from my personal experience is why I said that. Havnt had the oppertunity to race an Evo yet. I used to drool over the evo 7's.

Black
    99 Z28

Hey EVO8driver, is it difficult to drift your car? Seeing as though you have AWD I would think it to be difficult, but I have heard that Evo's are prettry wicked on the track. I have never seen one drift b4 - my friends saw one down here in Houston and they said it was spinnin like a bottle cap. I wish I coulda seen that.
    Anyways... is it hard or easy? Or have you never tried?

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

you can always pull the front axels, or you can in a dsm at least.
    anyways you really can't hate on the evo its just too sick.
    if you guys want to see some fast sleeper evos check out devotuning.com peace...

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by gashkerwin View Post
    So I'm on my way to work this morning at about 6:30. Heading down a 2 lane highway, wide open spaces, and very little traffic... except for this Tiburon that is about 10 feet off my back bumper at 80.

So finally she decides to try and pass me. I don't even bother to drop a few gears, I just ease down on the gas in 6th. So she runs up next to me, and I'm just matchin speed, right up until we get to 110. I slow back down to about 105, and she's right there, back above 110, she's got nothing.

Then my days of owning a fast-looking car came back to me. She must have been hitting her computer's speed limiter.

I just have a problem with people tailgating me at 85mph (in a 55 no less) and then trying to pass me in the right lane. Had I wanted to blow her away, I'd have dropped down a few gears.

I can't stand women who drive like that .. ohh pet peeve!!

Black
    99 Z28

I hate those drivers I was just cut off by one about 30 minutes ago. I dont know what the fuck her problem was. Im tempted to put mustard under her door handles.
    J/K Im not that guy. But it would be funny.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

the trick is to keep all your pennies and use them instead of the horn......i.e. instead of two honks chuck two pennies, although i use them much less liberally than the horn. but hey im an asshole.

J. Kidd
    So let me get this straight...little to no traffic and you're cruising in the left (passing) lane. A little Tiburon comes up behind you wanting to get by. You remain in the left lane while she tail-gates you. Then, as she moves to the right lane (the only other lane you've given her to get by) you accelerate to deny her the opportunity to pass you.

Here's an idea: don't hang in the left lane unless you're passing someone. Or...if you are in the left lane and somebody wants to go faster than you, it is OK to pull over and let them by. Just because you let a car go by does NOT mean they are faster than you.

You've got a fast car - use it wisely. No need to pick on girls driving Tiburons who feel they have to do 95 mph while talking on the phone and putting lipstick on.

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Ive raced two STI's and they were both slow off the line. Even my friend is his stang GT pulled on him.But when I launched one from 60 we were pretty even untill about 110. I dont know maybe the guys werent pushing their cars real hard on the line. Just from my personal experience is why I said that. Havnt had the oppertunity to race an Evo yet. I used to drool over the evo 7's.
    It is possible to drift AWD. There is a video on the evo forum. I have never tried it and never will. I crashed it once drifting in the rain. Lost traction in a bad storm and went sliding about 10 car lenghts doing a 180 degree turn slaming into the interstate divider. This was the damage.

Black
    99 Z28

damn. sorry about that. hope you were OK. Ill bet you cried when you crashed your baby

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by EVO8 driver View Post
    It is possible to drift AWD. There is a video on the evo forum. I have never tried it and never will. I crashed it once drifting in the rain. Lost traction in a bad storm and went sliding about 10 car lenghts doing a 180 degree turn slaming into the interstate divider. This was the damage.
    Click for full size
    you just said you would never drift it...but you just showed a pic of your car after you drifted in the rain lol, was the drift accidental?

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Yeah it was accidental. My rear tires were bald. I was doing 45mph on a 65mph interstate and still lost traction with AWD!!!

Thread Information