Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Now Know As Camaro98

Red
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Overreacting

What that cop did was not over reacting, over reacting is this, about 3 week ago iam crusing in the truck when this loud as hell mustang 04ish pulls up and throws a rev, well i know this road and there is no way iam going to race on this road, so i just toss him a frieldy rev or two and he returns them, the hole time down the road were throwing revs, my truck is in nuteral when all of a sudden i hear tires screaming and look in the rear view and theres a popo right on my ass, so we both pulled over, both thinking we did nothing wrong, he jumps out and comes running to my door yelling at me "GET OUT OF THE DAM TRUCK NOW!!!!" so i get out he gives us both warnings on "Speed Contest" and rights up for 65 in a 35. my truck was in nuteral and there was no way in hell i was going 65 the mustang either so we both went and fought and got it reversed but, the Cop had his gun drawn too?? , Sorry to hijack just dont get these dam cops some times.

sorry to hear that dude but sounds like your dead.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

man outrun the cops on a public road...guys i love ya...but don't you think thats completely dangerous and stupid? imagine going 135+ and hitting into another car? isn't worth it to me..i couldn't forgive anyone if they killed my mom or family..and the reasoning way 1. becuase they were going close to 2x the limit and 2. becuase they didn't want to pay a ticket and lose their license for couple of months. I hate to preach and i love speed, but to do that for that reason...crazy..get radar detectors..should warn you about po .

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by LS666 View Post
    Mash it and try to run is probably the most stupid advice I've ever heard. If you get zapped for excessive speed, so what. In most places it's a misdemeanor at worst. Running from the police is a FELONY. Got that? A FELONY. Yeah, you can get away if everything works right but if not you are completely and royally screwed. Yeah, there are good cops and bad cops but don't compound it by being a moron yourself.
    What if you get away with it, and nobody was hurt, except the cops ego?

Pewter
    2000 Trans am

well if u need to sell your car to pay your ticket lemme kno. im interested

Black
    2002 TransAm Firehawk

Dont anyone preach about outrunnin' cops, what about what the cop goes through, every f'n' day, all they ever do is deal with peoples problems, never dealing with anyone happy all day, domestics, disturbances, how to tell people how do raise their kids after they call you..having to remind them that they are the parents and to raise their kids right etc etc., wrestling with drunks in back alley's.... and when people run either by foot or by vehicle ... are they armed ..why are they running?..did they just rob someone? Hurt someone? thats what goes throught their heads as well. So what if they wreck in some way, either by foot..trying to catch you in a car, and get hurt...are you going to support him or their family? ..EITHER WAY you will!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Yeah, the getting out of the car was a major mistake. Cops hate that. I keep my hands in plain view and never lean over to get shit out of the glove box until he gets to the car and asks me to.
    Running from the cops is stupid. Actually, running from the cops is something you do as a kid because your stupid. I did it. Got away with it. Very lucky I didn't kill myself or someone else in the process.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by z28241 View Post
    Dont anyone preach about outrunnin' cops, what about what the cop goes through, every f'n' day, all they ever do is deal with peoples problems, never dealing with anyone happy all day, domestics, disturbances, how to tell people how do raise their kids after they call you..having to remind them that they are the parents and to raise their kids right etc etc., wrestling with drunks in back alley's.... and when people run either by foot or by vehicle ... are they armed ..why are they running?..did they just rob someone? Hurt someone? thats what goes throught their heads as well. So what if they wreck in some way, either by foot..trying to catch you in a car, and get hurt...are you going to support him or their family? ..EITHER WAY you will!
    true that..i'm not a fan of the po-po around here becuase they hasle me..but i have took time out of my day and thank a state trooper for everything he does...it was at a Wendys durring lunch.....my god the crispy chicken nuggets are sooooo good. they are my premium fuel

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Yeah, the getting out of the car was a major mistake. Cops hate that. I keep my hands in plain view and never lean over to get shit out of the glove box until he gets to the car and asks me to.
    Running from the cops is stupid. Actually, running from the cops is something you do as a kid because your stupid. I did it. Got away with it. Very lucky I didn't kill myself or someone else in the process.
    Cops like a good car chase as much as anyone else would. It is called EXCITEMENT. If you didn't like it, you wouldn't be a cop. There are plenty of jobs out there for the weak-hearted.

Black
    2002 TransAm Firehawk

Yea, Maybe when they are first out of the academy..

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Cops like a good car chase as much as anyone else would. It is called EXCITEMENT. If you didn't like it, you wouldn't be a cop. There are plenty of jobs out there for the weak-hearted.
    "ECITEMENT " , When they whatch "cops" in their teens and yes for their first 5 or what ever years on the job, then they get married have families and in this day and age LAWSUITS! They are the ones getting sued when during the chase somebody not involved gets hurt! OH is that when they become "weak-hearted"? All that is on their mind as well. Excitment yes, but more than just that. Its not " Excitement" when someone gets hurt! How about variables? Cops work long hours, double shifts, getting older, police car conditions, tires, brakes.., traffic, weather...on and on, chases in the rain or snow cant be fun, oh yea " Exciting ", all those variables make that a heart attack, on the most physically fit.Yea a good car chase might be excitement, but then whats the aftermath?...In the rural areas..you and them, maybe now after miles of a chase, they now want to fight ..run on foot, cops are still thinking..do they got a gun? why are they running, did they steal that car?..what am i up against..psp..some murderer..what...

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Every cop I ever talked to said they loved their jobs. And car chases.

Torrid Red
    05 GTO

I tried to outrun a hiway patrolman back in 85, it didnt work. Same deal, gun out, cuffed and thrown in the back. I was expecting the Rodney King treatment, but didnt get it thank God. I actually got out of it, he saw I was just a punk kid who didnt know any better and let me off with a ticket. But it scared me enough that now as soon as I see lights I pull over and am nothing but nice. Of course a military ID has gotten me out of quite a few tickets, so if you can come up with one of those - itll help

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Jason05GTO View Post
    I tried to outrun a hiway patrolman back in 85, it didnt work. Same deal, gun out, cuffed and thrown in the back. I was expecting the Rodney King treatment, but didnt get it thank God. I actually got out of it, he saw I was just a punk kid who didnt know any better and let me off with a ticket. But it scared me enough that now as soon as I see lights I pull over and am nothing but nice. Of course a military ID has gotten me out of quite a few tickets, so if you can come up with one of those - itll help
    At least nobody got hurt and you didn't kill yourself!

RED
    2000 WS6 TA

Like I said, if everything works out for you and you get away with it it's all fun and games. If you kill someone you're going to prison and the family of the deceased will own you for the rest of your life. Same thing with street racing. Kid locally was racing, lost control and rolled it. Passenger died and he's in the pen for manslaughter. It aint worth it. If your out screwing around and earn a cite, bend over and take it like a man. Don't think about the ticket your getting, think about all the other tickets you earned but didn't get stopped for.

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

Quote Originally Posted by ramrod View Post
    Bro !! Your my little brother's age! You have been driving for a year . I would hope you would not be getting a ticket a year into driving, my friend. For me I have never had a ticket, but when you know how to drive, and where to drive, go for it. Your no pussy, just wet behind the ears grasshopper. It's all gravy...
    I got my first ticket at 14 LoL

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

Quote Originally Posted by Jason05GTO View Post
    Never ran on the highway but on the main streets yes. Cant touch this
    anyway I was in a situation where i was going to run on the highway racing a camaro i blew past a state trooper at 155+ but he didn't chase
    he knew better
    Me and the camaro kept moving

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Black View Post
    Cant touch this

You are a little young for MCHammer. STOP! HAMMERTIME!

My-my-my-my LS1 hits me so hard
    Makes me say,"oh my lord thank you for blessing me
    With a mind to race and two fast cars"
    It feels good
    When you know you´re fast
    A superdope Z28 with class
    U can´t touch this

Now that's how us old folk do it!

98' trans am

nice song...bet it sounds better then mc's version
    mods- suncoast creations hood with functional lt1 style airbox, ls6 intake, QTP longtube headers, QTP ORY, UMI SFC, Adj. LCA with relo brackets, UMI adj. panhard bar, Koni SA and strano springs,Torq Thrust M 17s 9.5 and 10.5 with nitto 555Rs, tuned by Frost
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    sometimes you get owned, sometimes you own.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by LS666 View Post
    Mash it and try to run is probably the most stupid advice I've ever heard. If you get zapped for excessive speed, so what. In most places it's a misdemeanor at worst. Running from the police is a FELONY. Got that? A FELONY. Yeah, you can get away if everything works right but if not you are completely and royally screwed. Yeah, there are good cops and bad cops but don't compound it by being a moron yourself.
    Unless the cop is right behind you and has his lights on, you're not "running from the police". Its impossible to tell if a cop is coming after you if he's hiding in the woods with no lights on and comes after you after you've gone past.

Going by your reasoning, every day hundreds of people would be getting felonys on their drivers licenses. Don't tell me you've never been hit with radar and made a few quick turns to avoid the potential ticket - anyone with common sense would, you're not "evading the police" until the officer has made his presence clear by coming up behind you with the lights on.

I had some asshole cop try and chase me up my own road for getting hard on the gas as I went past him. I nailed the throttle to the floor in 2nd and blew him away before he could even turn around or put his lights on. The fat bastard was searching my neighborhood for a good 20 mins looking for my car - and I hadn't even technically done anything wrong. Obviously he had nothing better to do, it was funny for me though, he was probably really pissed

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

You made him drop his doughnut. Sure he was pissed.

Thread Information