Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZ28629 View Post
    Unless you have a lightning, I refuse to believe your ext. cab pick-up truck ran with one unless it was a V6. They run mid 13's in the 1/4 stock. I haven't seen any truck that will do that except for a Ford Lightning or a built motor truck.
    Uhhh, thank you. It was getting wastedeep in here. I was going to wave the flag, but you caught that one. I wasted a high powered truck just yesterday.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 08-23-2006 at 01:54 AM.

The Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by tmarr11 View Post
    1993 ECSB Silverado w/ a 1999 LS1, AFR 205cc @ 59cc, G5X2 cam, Edel LS1 shorty headers, 6.0L intake
    Hotchkis F/R antisway, 3.73 8.5" 10bolt Eaton LSD.
    New Numbers: 355rwhp
    Damn an LS1 with AFR 205's and a G5X2 cam only put out 355 RWHP? Something smells fishy here.

I am at 344 RWHP with no heads or cam. I would be over 400 with those mods though.

Why do you not have long tubes? It would give you better numbers.

Do you have a tune?

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie View Post
    Damn an LS1 with AFR 205's and a G5X2 cam only put out 355 RWHP? Something smells fishy here.

I am at 344 RWHP with no heads or cam. I would be over 400 with those mods though.

Do you have a tune?

He prolly has a heavy duty trans and rear that will sap more power than your drivetrain.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!! View Post
    I would love to run ya
    Agreed - it'd probably be a lot of fun for both of us

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie View Post

Do you have a tune?
    Hi Rookie -

Weight - the rotating mass contributes to some significant drivetrain loss. Had a discussion about this with Tony Mamo. Like I said before, in my response to BlackZ28629 - 2 piece D/S and 8"5 axles take their toll, on top of heavy wheels it takes compared to the lighter wheels Camaros can get away with.

Longtubes? Ever look at the difference between the firewall of a Camaro/Corvette compared to a truck? one of our chief complaints is there is no one making headers for such conversions. Agreed, there would be better numbers.

Tune? Yep, but mostly from the A/F side. I'd like to get a street tune vs a dyno tune.

Doubters still? ls1truck.com and see for yourselves - until then - don't think that everyone out there on the web boards is spreadin' the bull... - http://www.ls1truck.com/timeslips.htm
    Last edited by tmarr11; 08-22-2006 at 11:53 AM.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

I have one truck that is as fast as my 06 G.T.O. (13.26) a 1998 dodge ram 2500 4x4 with a blown V10 etc. and my other truck will walk my G.T.O. hard, 05 cummins turbo diesel 4x4, runs 12.60s courtesy of gale banks, neither one is lightning or srt-10, and where do you live zapfool, maybe we could get together? I'm in utah , I think it'd be a fairly close race but either way it'd be fun.

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 05gtoautoX View Post
    I have one truck that is as fast as my 06 G.T.O. (13.26) a 1998 dodge ram 2500 4x4 with a blown V10 etc. and my other truck will walk my G.T.O. hard, 05 cummins turbo diesel 4x4, runs 12.60s courtesy of gale banks, neither one is lightning or srt-10, and where do you live zapfool, maybe we could get together? I'm in utah , I think it'd be a fairly close race but either way it'd be fun.
    oklahoma

black
    99 Z28

No problem - my fault. Don't have a signature line. Nope, no Ford Lightning here, not even a Dodge Ram SRT-10:

1993 ECSB Silverado w/ a 1999 LS1, AFR 205cc @ 59cc, G5X2 cam, Edel LS1 shorty headers, 6.0L intake
    Hotchkis F/R antisway, 3.73 8.5" 10bolt Eaton LSD.
    New Numbers: 355rwhp

Kills 3 X 03 Mustang GT, 2 X 94-98 Mustang SVT Cobra, 05 BMW X5 4.8is, 04 SRT-4, 05 Altima SE-R and every Hemi Truck
    Draw: 1 X (Head/Cam) 04 Mustang GT
    Died: 2 X 05 GTO (6.0ltr), 06 Mitsu Lancer EVO MR, 06 Dodge Charger SRT-8 (but not by much)

Does that help quantify anything? Oh yep, "The Rookie" - the original engine in 1993 that I had (Throttle Body Injected 5.7 liter) put 190 down at the crank. By the time that got to the rear wheels at a 23% drivetrain loss because of the two piece driveshaft (remember extended cabs only have 2 piece D/S) and 8.5" axle (which almost ALL Camaros wish they had in stock form) put down around 147rwhp - - but now I'm making 200rwhp more than that

"Unless you have a lightning, I refuse to believe your ext. cab pick-up truck ran with one" - I hear words being eaten?
    i feel like the little door guy on the wizard of oz....."why didnt ya say so....come on in.....come on in.....lol
    thats cool dude... didnt know you werent stock. I guess I couldve asked first...My friends boss at a Chevrolet dealership has a bad ass GMC Sierra that runs 12's all motor. Hes got a 6.0 LQ9 w/ a big cam, gears, etc. Pretty quick for a truck. If an F-Body had his motor in it, it would be running 11's.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I got a fast truck for a daily driver too. It is a 1988 GMC stepside with these mods: 3.42's posi-trac, 2600 rpm stall, rollercam, World big valve heads, aftermarket fuel injection, long-tube headers, dual 3 inch exhaust, Scat forged bottom end, roller rockers, Edelbrock intake, lowered suspension, 75 shot of nitrous.

You can run the truck or the Z, PICK YOUR POISON muaahhhahaaah
    Last edited by Roastem; 12-12-2006 at 09:03 AM.

The Rookie
    Hi Rookie -

Weight - the rotating mass contributes to some significant drivetrain loss. Had a discussion about this with Tony Mamo. Like I said before, in my response to BlackZ28629 - 2 piece D/S and 8"5 axles take their toll, on top of heavy wheels it takes compared to the lighter wheels Camaros can get away with.

Longtubes? Ever look at the difference between the firewall of a Camaro/Corvette compared to a truck? one of our chief complaints is there is no one making headers for such conversions. Agreed, there would be better numbers.

Tune? Yep, but mostly from the A/F side. I'd like to get a street tune vs a dyno tune.

Doubters still? ls1truck.com and see for yourselves - until then - don't think that everyone out there on the web boards is spreadin' the bull... - http://www.ls1truck.com/timeslips.htm

Well as my name says, "The Rookie" I learn something everyday! Sounds like a nasty pickup. Nice and my appologies for doubting!

BlackZ28629 and The Rookie -

itsallgood....no problems guys. Parish8 (http://www.neufamily.org/03vids/) is the man that all of us truck guys want to be like - down in the 10s in a 2500 Chevy with dual chargers and a 4L80E transmission inside an AWD truck.

At the same time - yeah - I'm gonna dis them a little - but I think they'll take it ok.... I've decided (mostly due to my wallet, and family) that N/A is the way for me. No one knows what's coming and this thing idles at 900rpm. Not hardly a sound out of it when its just putt-putting along (sounds like any other pickup truck with a catback)

I figure I'd turn high 13s in with a good set of street tires and cool temps because I ran a 14.6 in 105degree temps with bald street tires and nearly lost it from the 1st/2nd gear shift at Ennis, TX a few weeks back....BTW - that day, it beat a Stage 2 SRT-4 with a carbon-fiber hood, CAI, brand new street tires (still could see the rubber little danglies on the tires), and some aftermarket rims - he ran a 14.8 and 14.9 right beside me....tells you what heat can do to performance - huh?

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

BlackZ28629 and The Rookie -

itsallgood....no problems guys. Parish8 (http://www.neufamily.org/03vids/) is the man that all of us truck guys want to be like - down in the 10s in a 2500 Chevy with dual chargers and a 4L80E transmission inside an AWD truck.

At the same time - yeah - I'm gonna dis them a little - but I think they'll take it ok.... I've decided (mostly due to my wallet, and family) that N/A is the way for me. No one knows what's coming and this thing idles at 900rpm. Not hardly a sound out of it when its just putt-putting along (sounds like any other pickup truck with a catback)

I figure I'd turn high 13s in with a good set of street tires and cool temps because I ran a 14.6 in 105degree temps with bald street tires and nearly lost it from the 1st/2nd gear shift at Ennis, TX a few weeks back....BTW - that day, it beat a Stage 2 SRT-4 with a carbon-fiber hood, CAI, brand new street tires (still could see the rubber little danglies on the tires), and some aftermarket rims - he ran a 14.8 and 14.9 right beside me....tells you what heat can do to performance - huh?

That parish dude is a bad ass...all the Lightning guys respect the heck out of what he has done

Thread Information