Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_bluebird View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean, but the video above was me. Luckily the car stopped about 2 feet short or having to make a trip to the body shop. As far as other people on the trees I don't know. I've seen a few wrecks there non of them real serious fortunately. I've heard of people loosing it in the carrousel and ending up at bottom of the hill in the trees there.
    you answered my question....god damn, that must have been scary as hell!!! what was it that made you loose control there?

lookin for a ws6

Does an instructor set in the car with you on some of the laps? Do you follow a lead car on any laps ?

Jesus died to save you! Killer_bluebird's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    you answered my question....god damn, that must have been scary as hell!!! what was it that made you loose control there?
    It was... it seemed a little faster than I remmember when I watched the video . I was sorting out the suspenssion setup. I was using my corvette rims 17" front 18" back and after lowering the car a rubbing issue that I was having when the suspenssion is loaded became a bit worst, enough to unsettle the suspension during the transistion on the corner exit. In the video you can hear it just before the spin (actually you can hear it in the lap before too). This are my street tires so the rubbing didn't bother me since it never happened in the street. I need a thicker spacer if I want to track the street tires.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff priest View Post
    Does an instructor set in the car with you on some of the laps? Do you follow a lead car on any laps ?
    Nope, but what I did was talk to the track's owner and he pointed out a guy that has a lot of experience on the track. He gave me a run through using a map then let me follow him for a few easy laps to get familiar with the track and the line. It takes a while to get confortable because you really don't know how hard to brake or how soon, when to brake also how much speed you should carry around the corner (or whether the car will stick), and it'll take a good 20min lap session to even get familiar with the place. But use the time during cooldowns to talk to guys in the paddock, most will give you pointers and even let you ride along with them so you can see how they manouver around the course. I was surprised of how little I knew about my car's limits (because on the street you'll never get near unless you are been stupid). I have soooo much still to learn but it is fun seeing that you are getting faster and smoother. It looks like it going to be wet this friday but I may try for next friday if the weather looks good and my car is running (I'm getting a package on monday )

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

so the car in your profile has the vette rims on it? and it's lowered?

nice mods, btw:
    Quote Originally Posted by killerbluebird
    2002 NBM TA WS6, 6spd, MTI Lid + K&N, 160° Stat, BMR CM STB, BMR SFC, LG Adj. Poly/Rod LCA & LCA reloc., Spohl CM Sway Bars 32mm & 22mm, Adj. Poly/Rod PHB, Spohn Adj. TA, !CAGS, Bassani ORY, 3.73's, Koni DA's, DMS Springs and Borlamouth.

Jesus died to save you! Killer_bluebird's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

yes.

Because of the c5 rear wheel offset I have to run a spacer, I just need one a bit thicker.
    2000 NBM Camaro Z28
    Mods:
    SLP Lid & K&N, AHR Headers + 3" catted Y and Mangaflow, !EGR, !AIR, BMR CM STB, ST Front 35mm and Hellwig Adj. Rear 22mm Swaybar, Adj. Rod/Rod PHB, Koni SA's, Ground Control Springs & Adj. Ride height, and HPTuners.

lookin for a ws6

Just ttt for some great videos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information