2000 Trans Am WS6 LS6
    2006 GTO LS2

Removing EGR and Air Pump

I am in the process of adding Long Tube headers and LS6 intake to my 2000 Trans Am, WS6, LS1 and I want to remove the EGR system and Air Pump. Does anyone have a link with instructions on how to remove them and what to remove?
    Thanks

98 Formula
    06 duramax

It's pretty basic and self explanitory once you get started. The EGR is all up top so you can just pull it off and since you're putting in the LS6 intake on there's no holes to plug unless you're headers have the emissions provisions then just put a block off plate on it which can be bought at several sponsors or you can easily make your own.
    The air pump itself is under your drivers side headlight( you can get to it from the bottom of the car through the access panel). Just pull it out and unplug it and remove all the tubing going to your manifolds and block those off as well. Also, pull the fuse for the air pump so that you don't have live wires hanging anywhere.
    After you do these mods there are a few codes you'll have to turn off in the pcm to keep from getting an SES light. They are:
    DTCs for AIR
    P0410
    P0412
    P0418
    P1415
    P1416

DTCs for EGR
    P0400
    P0401
    P0402
    P0404
    P0405
    P1406
    P1409
    If no one else writes a full blown "how to" on pulling these before tomorrow I'll write you one up. I just got home from work and it's very late. I believe once you look everything over real good you'll see that both are pretty self explanitory.
    I would like to add one other thing. When I pulled my EGR I also had to adjust my timing tables because I started to get some knock. It seems that some people have this happen and other people don't. From what I've read it seems the majority don't have this problem but I did. I went from nothing to around 7 degrees of KR when going WOT from mid throttle cells. I calculated my where the knock was happening and smoothed that part of the table and all was good again.

2000 Trans Am WS6 LS6
    2006 GTO LS2

Yes I plan on using the Non-EGR and Air Long Tube headers from Pacesetters. PCMFORLESS does my tune so they will cancel out everything so the SES light does not come on. I just wanted to know what I need to take off when I remove the EGR and Air systems. Your write up will help alot.
    Thanks

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

"I would like to add one other thing. When I pulled my EGR I also had to adjust my timing tables because I started to get some knock. It seems that some people have this happen and other people don't. From what I've read it seems the majority don't have this problem but I did. I went from nothing to around 7 degrees of KR when going WOT from mid throttle cells. I calculated my where the knock was happening and smoothed that part of the table and all was good again."
    Thank you Orion-a month or two ago when I suggested this as a possibility there was more than one knot head on here that laughed their asses off. I mean they went ape sh@t!! They probably won't read this as they are off somewhere stuffing their heads up their collective @sses. It's good to see someone on here up on real tech.

Thread Information