Mystic Teal Metallic
    1999 Z28

1999 Z28 vs. 2002 Mustang GT.. The battle continues

A couple months ago I was out rolling around when a 2002 GT Mustang pulls up next to me. The guy driving said he put $10K in the engine. He had his Roush Stage 1 kit and some other mods. His son was in the car with him, so he was trying to show off. We we rolling at about 20mph when we went. I began to pull away in second gear. We reached 120mph in the middle of the city. By that time I had pulled away quite a bit. Nothing better than a Z28 vs GT. Why get a 4.6L when you can have a 5.7L.
    Last edited by BWA2110; 07-27-2006 at 02:44 PM.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Why get a 4.6? To spend alot more money of course! I wonder if Chevy will ever drop factory blowers in a LS1 like Ford does w/ their overpriced 03-04Cobra's???

Mystic Teal Metallic
    1999 Z28

The 03 Cobras are nice with their superchargers but are expensive. When I get out of college I want to put on an STS turbo. If I could put $10K on my car, itwould be over 600rwhp.

red
    1999 Trans am

I just got a STS and am in the process of in stalling it. Next steps are 42lb injectors, msd booster pump and then ofcourse forged internals to add more boost.
    Red 99 Trans am A4. STS Turbo, K&N, Thomas Racing chip, Tail waste gate, Slp mass airflow sensor,and TB bypass. Soon to be running 12.4

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by RedT/Anumber1 View Post
    I just got a STS and am in the process of in stalling it. Next steps are 42lb injectors, msd booster pump and then ofcourse forged internals to add more boost.
    Lucky bastard

The One and Only ProjectCamaro.com's Avatar

Red
    1999 Z28

Feels good to beat someone with a ton of money done to their engine. Good job
    Pictures Of My Camaro's
    Because You Can Never Modify To Many Camaro's

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

your car sounds good man

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    Why get a 4.6? To spend alot more money of course! I wonder if Chevy will ever drop factory blowers in a LS1 like Ford does w/ their overpriced 03-04Cobra's???

I heard a rumor Chevy is working on a supercharger for the LS7 in the ZO6 for 2008.
    [

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by timberman00 View Post
    I heard a rumor Chevy is working on a supercharger for the LS7 in the ZO6 for 2008.
    Yeah they have it running around the proving grounds and it already has the go ahead for production. They are calling it the Blue Devil but will probably come out as Corvette SS. It has a roots style blower on the 427 and horsepower stock is rumored in the 650 range! GM is looking to blow everyone out of the water with it. Cause they have pretty much been whooping as with the ls series of engines this whole time naturally aspirated while on the other hand ford has already played it's supercharged card just to keep up with naturally aspirated ls powered gm cars. It's gonna be bad. Plus the new camaro while inevitably inherit the naturally aspirated underated 505 horse 427 ls7 engine so that will be pretty bad ass.

Hotrod
    Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    Yeah they have it running around the proving grounds and it already has the go ahead for production. They are calling it the Blue Devil but will probably come out as Corvette SS. It has a roots style blower on the 427 and horsepower stock is rumored in the 650 range! GM is looking to blow everyone out of the water with it. Cause they have pretty much been whooping as with the ls series of engines this whole time naturally aspirated while on the other hand ford has already played it's supercharged card just to keep up with naturally aspirated ls powered gm cars. It's gonna be bad. Plus the new camaro while inevitably inherit the naturally aspirated underated 505 horse 427 ls7 engine so that will be pretty bad ass.
    HOLY COW! It's too bad it'll probably cost $90,000.

nightstalker50
    [ Why get a 4.6L when you can have a 5.7L.[/QUOTE]

looks and styling .....surely you would know this, i mean you have to look at your car everyday. Give me back the old days of the IROC Z but with a LS1 now that would be a good looking car that ran like a MO Fo .the 93- when ever they stopped making the f bodies look fugly IMO but whats that worth. but you cant knock the lS1

red
    1959 corvette

I thimk the 98-02 firebird was one of the sexiest cars ever produced, I like them better than the C5s

Now Know As Camaro98

Red
    1998 Z28 Camaro

^ amen to that i love them cars so dam nasty lookin, looks like it gonna bite you

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

originally posted by nightstalker50
    looks and styling .....surely you would know this, i mean you have to look at your car everyday. Give me back the old days of the IROC Z but with a LS1 now that would be a good looking car that ran like a MO Fo .the 93- when ever they stopped making the f bodies look fugly IMO but whats that worth. but you cant knock the lS1[/QUOTE]

But thats only your opinion nightstalker, I own third gens and a fourth gen and love how they both look, but have always had a sweet spot for third gen camaros. Plus i've owned and sold a couple mustangs also, but am a gm guy and prefer fbodies,to me they look and run better,
    but to each his own right!
    Last edited by BlwnCamaro; 10-04-2006 at 05:35 PM.

Thread Information