The Rookie

I got a ricer flyby by a 02 or 03 Mustang GT.

I decided to get the car out this past Sunday. The wife and I are headed down Highway 59 headed towards the Galleria in Houston. Behind me is my cousin in his new 05 Mustang GT. We're rolling along in the fast lane, traffic was kinda packed together. In front of me about 3 car links was another car and to its right was a car and also some cars bunched up in the other 2 lanes. So we're cruising and I look down at the radio for a second... all of a sudden I hear my wife say, "Oh shit watch out!" I look up as this 02 or 03 mustang GT flys by and changes lanes right in front of me almost clipping my right side front end. I'm like "WTF!" When I look through his back glass I notice his buddy in the passenger seat looking back and laughing and the driver is leaning all the way over on the driverside door. (Gangsta style)
    So I look at the wife and she says, "What an ass! Are you gonna show him up?" I smile, and reply, "of course." So the fast lane is moving a little faster than the next lane and it finally opens up. he moves over into it and I slowly move over behind him. We have basically a 2 mile spread of 5 lanes before the next bunch of traffic. I figure once I get past the next car in the fast lane I will get up next to him and line up side by side and wait for my cousin(who is now right behind me wanting some too) to line up to the right side of this fool. As I look over my shoulder to change lanes to the left I hear his exhaust. My wife says, "There he goes!" so I slam it into third. He had jumped out on me about 2 lengths. My car comes to life and starts running towards this GT. I get to about 2 ft off of his bumper then let off. about 115mph. I then back off and he slows down. I pull into the fast lane and we slow to about 65. I drop it in third and look over. he won't even look at me?? his boy in the passenger seat is though, so i slam the pedal once and my car jumps. He wouldn't even look at me. I thought to my self what a puss, he does a ricer flyby on me then when I get him heads up side by side, he won't even look at me. My wife said, "ah he's scared, plus you don't need to waste the gas on him." I busted out laughing!

My cousin who decided to let us go then caught up and got up next to the guy and he wouldn't look at my cousin either. I guess he wan't as fast as he thought??
    Last edited by The Rookie; 07-25-2006 at 01:43 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

What a punk ass. I guess he thought he awoke a sleeping giant and didnt want any.

The Rookie
    lol.. Yeah I guess so.

Black/Purple Marble
    1995 Camaro

What does a '02-'03 Mustang Gt even think it has on a LS1? Nothing, they are about 100hp behind..... Not to mention the torque... GG.... A cobra is better matchup...

Black
    01 ws6

That rustang driver is a goof. It is very unsafe to fly by like that for starters. Racing is unsafe yes. But racing from a roll is a relitively safe way to race. The people who do this often are usually quite good drivers. Skids that fly by and swerve cause accidents. These antics give us all a bad name. Imagine seeing this as a bystander compared to say a heads up race from 30 to 90. Even a cop would rather pull over the swerving maniac. I actually break the rules too often, but try to be as safe as possible. I feel the ones you should have the most consideration for are the innocent bystanders. You can always chat with the other guy and set up somewhere safe. Maybe ls1 owners have more class...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by specialized.1 View Post
    That rustang driver is a goof. It is very unsafe to fly by like that for starters. Racing is unsafe yes. But racing from a roll is a relitively safe way to race. The people who do this often are usually quite good drivers. Skids that fly by and swerve cause accidents. These antics give us all a bad name. Imagine seeing this as a bystander compared to say a heads up race from 30 to 90. Even a cop would rather pull over the swerving maniac. I actually break the rules too often, but try to be as safe as possible. I feel the ones you should have the most consideration for are the innocent bystanders. You can always chat with the other guy and set up somewhere safe. Maybe ls1 owners have more class...

Black/Purple Marble
    1995 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by specialized.1 View Post
    Beyond truth the sad part is... Those stupid kids kinda ruin the whole game for us completely.. And give other young guys like myself a really bad name.. I generally drive 20-25 around houses in 30mph zones, I drive 5-10 over on the hiway but thats normal around here, so saftey in the flow of traffic and not pissing anyone off. But I would never dream of doing a ricer flyby, thats just stupid dangerous and pointless. Woot I can come at you at 90mph and pass you up...

Sounds like a tactic I use in Need For Speed Underground 2 when my car is heavily underpowered, I run up on the oponents at 90+ and then start the race while they are going 30mph slower, makes the 1000 foot gain really easy. Now what does that tell you? Kids who play too many video games... They probably think thier Honda Civics that still have the little 1.8 NA with cut springs and boeing 747 tail wing can do 160mph..

Thread Information