Thread: '99 Z28 vs. WRX

Awaiting Activation

'99 Z28 vs. WRX

So i pull up next to a new '06 WRX (turbo but not an STI) and i get dissappointed as the 25 yr old driver seemed to not notice me. But then i hear him revving it hard. So as the other lights turn yellow i hear him bring up his rpms. We both launch hard on green. I did alright but his AWD jumped about a 1/2 car on me instantly. But then my V8 tourqe just tore him a new one. By the end of first i had a car and was pulling hard. By the end of second i had 2+ cars and i shut it down. I guess the guy was embarrased because he shot down the next side street he could.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Good slaying of an over confident WRX driver! I had one rev at me in traffic last week, but when we were side by side at a red light he wouldn't play...

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    Good slaying of an over confident WRX driver! I had one rev at me in traffic last week, but when we were side by side at a red light he wouldn't play...
    That's wierd, if he was scared he should have just obliterated you with a 6k launch then let off like a hoe cause he knew by the time he shifted that he would be dust in the rear view mirror.

Good kill 99bluez. They can get off the line like crazy, but stock they die pretty quick. We've got one at the track here that runs 2 tenths faster than me in the 1/4 with his stock turbo, it's a bad little bitch.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

That's what I was expecting, but no go. I have a feeling he didn't know how to launch without bogging it.

Silver
    2002 Z28

how do you launch without boggin it? Im glad I have an A4 lol I know shit about sticks (got the basics down on my TSX but thats about it)

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

STi's are really the only ones you should play w/. They put up such a good fight!

Thread Information