black
    1986 mustang

Got Killed by a Nissan WTF? *Vid*

http://media.putfile.com/mustang-race-60

Ran a 7.98,nissan ran a 7.95

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

LIL 240 prolly had a snail!!! Still fast for both of yall!! Im still mid to high 8s!!

red
    96 ss

good run but you know the ol'saying . "there is always somebody faster" guess thats why they invented bracket racing for us folks that dont have 2 comas in our bank account.

what was it a nissan???

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yea

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

was it turbo, i didnt hear one all i heard was a fart pipe

red
    1999 Trans am

damn! and you had a nice launch. that 240 must have been moded pritty nice.

black
    1986 mustang

yeah the 240 has a pretty big turbo kit and slicks. dont know much else tried to talk to a couple of guys that know him but they wouldn't say much more than that about it. yeah its pretty sick little car.

red
    96 ss

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk1120 View Post
    what was it a nissan???
    yeah a early to mid 90's (last model made for the u.s) model 240sx. lets see i had a 93 in 93,i think that body style came out in 94 or 95. the only thing worth a crap on them was a option that the 300z had "super hias" i belive was how it was spelled. it was actually 4 wheel steering. that thing did a great job coming down the moutains from Tenn. back to N.C. made my 2 friends scream at me some. they might have even sh1t themselves a little.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

dude jsut cuz its a nissan doesnt mean its slow.... the sr20 det silvia motor, whihc is what i expect he had under the hood is no normal four banger...its up there with the 2jz gte and the 4g63 as being one of the most durable engines of all time

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by derrinx View Post
    dude jsut cuz its a nissan doesnt mean its slow.... the sr20 det silvia motor, whihc is what i expect he had under the hood is no normal four banger...its up there with the 2jz gte and the 4g63 as being one of the most durable engines of all time
    nobody knows what the eff you just said

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

that was a GOOD race though, I love races like that. You're fast man, you'd beat me

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post
    nobody knows what the eff you just said
    2jz GTE = Mark IV Supra 3.0 inline six twin turbo motor, known to handle 1,000 hp on STOCK internals for a few passes

SR20 DET= 2.0 liter inline four turbo, very dangerous, takes to mods like nothing ever produced, dont think it was available in the us it was on the turbo silvia over in japan but lots of people have them shippped over and drop them into their 240's

4G63T = 2 liter turbo motor in the 1st and 2nd gen DSM's (Eclipse, Talon, and Laser), can handle 450 hp on sotck internals no prob, takes just as well to mods as an sr20, be very careful when u roll up next to a dsm b/c the ones that are left on the road sure aren't anywhere near stock

point is never underestimate the competition just because you have 3 times the displacement that they do... gotta always know what you're up against

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by derrinx View Post
    2jz GTE = Mark IV Supra 3.0 inline six twin turbo motor, known to handle 1,000 hp on STOCK internals for a few passes

SR20 DET= 2.0 liter inline four turbo, very dangerous, takes to mods like nothing ever produced, dont think it was available in the us it was on the turbo silvia over in japan but lots of people have them shippped over and drop them into their 240's

4G63T = 2 liter turbo motor in the 1st and 2nd gen DSM's (Eclipse, Talon, and Laser), can handle 450 hp on sotck internals no prob, takes just as well to mods as an sr20, be very careful when u roll up next to a dsm b/c the ones that are left on the road sure aren't anywhere near stock

point is never underestimate the competition just because you have 3 times the displacement that they do... gotta always know what you're up against
    How do you keep up with that kind of stuff? A guy on my local board has a 240 that he just dropped a sr20 in. I knew it sounded familiar so I looked him up. . .lol. He swears by it He has a high 12s n/a V6 camaro. . .

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post
    How do you keep up with that kind of stuff? A guy on my local board has a 240 that he just dropped a sr20 in. I knew it sounded familiar so I looked him up. . .lol. He swears by it He has a high 12s n/a V6 camaro. . .
    Swears by what?... I know this stuff becuase i really like turbo import motors (DONT CONFUSE WITH HONDAS) ...used to have a 91 talon TSI awd, sold it this summer because i got sick of something breaking every day, so now im back to searhcing for an ls1

Ok I'm an ass an didn't realize what I typed. I meant to say what TYPE of nissan was it. LOL I am not good with import cars. I was thinking maybe it was a skyline or something, but didn't know if that was nissan...

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

i beat a 97-99 turbo eclipse that was supposedly heavily modified according to the owner and a bunch of ppl that know this kid....this was in my black 99 z28..nearly stock 6 speed...the good ol days.. ..ran him from a light to the top of 3rd.( 105 or so as we know) ..got 2 cars on him on the jump and he stayed exactly there at the top of 3rd..definitly a fast car but very hard to launch without bogging them big turbos aparently.........he gave me a ricer fly by and wouldnt look at me afterwards as well.......hope that kid and his car are still around my area since i got my new beast now ..ill give him his rematch

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    i beat a 97-99 turbo eclipse that was supposedly heavily modified according to the owner and a bunch of ppl that know this kid....this was in my black 99 z28..nearly stock 6 speed...the good ol days.. ..ran him from a light to the top of 3rd.( 105 or so as we know) ..got 2 cars on him on the jump and he stayed exactly there at the top of 3rd..definitly a fast car but very hard to launch without bogging them big turbos aparently.........he gave me a ricer fly by and wouldnt look at me afterwards as well.......hope that kid and his car are still around my area since i got my new beast now ..ill give him his rematch
    haha id be scared of your car too...
    what i dont get is how u got a jump on him, unless he was a fwd eclipse and not the awd...but yeah i had a talon, and from my experience i never lost to any rwd car off the line unless i had a bad launch. i was chased down though a feww times after the end of first...

and ps from the way u describe him he was probly one of those cocky pricks that talks faster than his car... a "heavily modded" AWD DSM (full exhaust, full intake, afc, injectors, bigger turbo, front mount etc) would leave a sotkc ls1 standing still

pewter

yes was a fwd turbo..white, slammed...everyone in my town seems to know the kid and he claimed 360 to the wheels and had taken out several vettes....prolly y he wouldnt look at me when i beatem in about a quarter mile ...........yeah ive heard high 11s fairly cheap on an awd dsm...sick cars but not nearly the reliable horsepower as an ls1 with similar horsepower..buddy of mine had an 01 eclipse with the 6 cylinder..he turboed it....LOL...non stop probs from all over that car....sank TONS of money in it....i know not the same car but still a mitsu....motrend or i belive it was car and driver did a test on a vishnu stage 3 maybe? 380 horse..they had non stop probs with it but said it was wicked fast...bad report on it overall....theres no replacement for displacment when u want a total package wicked fast car........yes turbo 4 bangers can be VERY fast...but can they be as reliable as a much larger engine with the same power.. lots of stress on that lil guy..lol

pewter

the vishnu was an evo...forgot to put that in there...ud figure it out anyways ....i WANT some evos under my belt..lol..took out an audi s4 chip/intake/exaust in my old z..but BARELY....and the car sounded rediculous with the dual turbos spooling up next to me...

Thread Information