Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

oh ya and one more thing.........y the rs tag on the windshield??? rs stands for really slow ( v6) lol take it off !!! hehe

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

ahem, today I pretty much confirmed my clutch is slipping in first. it only happens when I give it lots of gas like I'm supposed to do, but it depends. If I rev up to say 3000 - 3500rpms then pop the clutch then I launch like crazy and just fly, but say I kinda (granny) it like they say then get on the gas then my clutch doesn't come all the way up until I get out of the gas more.

I talked to a guy at speed inc. and he told me that I can put an ls7 clutch on there with a ls7 flywheel and add new hydrolics and he said that I would have a larger capacity on my tranny with those parts. He also said that they cost the same as stock parts!

So racing in my car is a little tricky for the moment.

but, I am coming for that nsx! Just wait till I get my tranny hooked up

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

that's my old v6 I have a stock drop top pewter 2002 SS right now

pewter

ahh now it all makes sense..u put a lotta work/money into that car...cant wait to see your future mods on the ss .....u still have the rs? gonna interchange some parts maybe? ground fx?

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

nah, sold it. I do plan on redoing some of the appearance mods though. This time I'm going to be doing LOTS of performance upgrades too. I'm just glad I have a head start with it being an SS and all. I really like the handling

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

i still don't think you get why people buy the SS cars...they're collectors and should be minimally appearance modified. plz take our advice, junk all those damn stickers, and just get some sweet Z06 rims, tints, and black-outs. if you put an aftermarket hood, spoiler, or body kit on the car, no one will look at it the same again. if i saw an SS with that hood, kit, and decals, I'd just laugh and think, "why did that riced v6er put SS badges on that?" we're all just giving you advice to help you out, and it will be something you regret in the future, cuz no1 will wanna buy an SS modded like that.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

I love that hood for a 6 or Z, but why is it not fitted correctly?

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

oh yea and your front bumper is off so you might as well leave the kit on the RS

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by myk02k View Post
    i still don't think you get why people buy the SS cars...they're collectors and should be minimally appearance modified. plz take our advice, junk all those damn stickers, and just get some sweet Z06 rims, tints, and black-outs. if you put an aftermarket hood, spoiler, or body kit on the car, no one will look at it the same again. if i saw an SS with that hood, kit, and decals, I'd just laugh and think, "why did that riced v6er put SS badges on that?" we're all just giving you advice to help you out, and it will be something you regret in the future, cuz no1 will wanna buy an SS modded like that.
    "i still don't think you get why people buy the SS cars...they're collectors and should be minimally appearance modified."

Says who?! I know it is a collectors car, but that just makes it extra special to me!

"plz take our advice, junk all those damn stickers, and just get some sweet Z06 rims, tints, and black-outs."

That's the typical thing to do. It looks pretty good but, it may as well be stock if it looks like everybody elses with the mods you mentioned.

"if you put an aftermarket hood, spoiler, or body kit on the car, no one will look at it the same again"

That's a good thing right?

if i saw an SS with that hood, kit, and decals, I'd just laugh and think, "why did that riced v6er put SS badges on that?"

That'll be until they here me start it up and here the modded ls1 underneath. by the way I think I'm over the decals.

we're all just giving you advice to help you out, and it will be something you regret in the future, cuz no1 will wanna buy an SS modded like that.[/QUOTE

That six in my avator is my old car which I already sold to get my SS. Some1 just happened to want to pay $8,700 for a 2000 v6 with a salvaged title and 82,000 miles on it. One mans garbage is another mans treasure, ever heard of that? Actually that car was already salvaged before I got it so it was one mans v6 treasure to another mans v6 treasure. And who says that I'd want to sell this SS that I've been waiting all my life for? hahaha, I'm keeping it and I will have all the fun in the world with it!

Yea this time I don't plan on doing decals atleast not the flames, I may so some small ones.

By the way

pewter

nicely put........to each is there own!!! have fun with your car...but if i do come across a stickered up ss with all sorts of body cladded ground fx and high spoiler n shit im gonna laugh a lil harder when i smoke it

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

yea that would be fucked up hahaha I only plan to get the body parts I have a feeling they may stop making. I plan on doing all kinds of upgrades to the performance though to make it faster and better all around. If I do stickers again I'll make sure I have no problem running with vipers before make myself look crazy.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

That crazy banana is hilarious!
    Last edited by az gt eater; 07-20-2006 at 10:46 AM. Reason: was a page off

Quote Originally Posted by 98Z-28Camaro View Post
    There are other things done that not everyone needs to know about. I like to keep somethings to myself that are done. It has been dynoed natural so I know the natural rating is accurate. The nitrous was just a guess. And the time was 12.86 @ 124

you trap 124mph and you didnt think you could "hang" with a C5? what you run through the 1/8th?

I know, drag tyres and a stall. Baby on the way so money is getting tight. Hopefully I can get it and see the real potential before the baby arrives. And thanks for the compliment.

so the 124 mph run was on street tires and no stall
    but i have to also raise the flag

black
    1998 Z-28 Camaro

Yes the 124 was on street tires and stock stall. That is fine. You can call bullshit, so why don't you just come to the track and watch? I will prove it once again to people that don't believe me. I have several witnesses and sadly no timeslip because at our midnight drag races in Tulsa. They don't give out slips for the midnights. Still, a vette is a vette. You know, the whole they are the fastest thing chevrolet puts out. I never thought that a modded camaro would do what mine does and draw as much attention as it does. But it does and I love nothing more than to prove people wrong who don't believe me. As for the eighth mile time on that run, no slip so I don't know. But I have got a slip with a smaller nos shot with ET Streets (pretty much wore out) 1.998 60 foot and the only different thing was the exhaust and I went 12.585 @ 120. The eighth mile was 99.154 MPH.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

anyways man you're one of my role models for now!

Silver
    2002 Z28

Yea, if you are as fast as you say why would you not think you could beat a c5 lol. That is an 11 second trap speed.

Also, an SS Camaro is not some crazy collector car lol. Its not hard to get, and it didnt cost that much. If he wants to make it look better its his choice. I personally love the stock SS hood and wing, would definately tiny and change some lenses and lower it... maybe G effects and definately rims.

Have fun with it, do what you want. Thats all that matters, there is always someone that can smoke you and laugh at ya so dont worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmhvenom View Post
    Yea, if you are as fast as you say why would you not think you could beat a c5 lol. That is an 11 second trap speed.

red
    '90 5.0 LX

Yes the 124 was on street tires and stock stall. That is fine. You can call bullshit, so why don't you just come to the track and watch? I will prove it once again to people that don't believe me. I have several witnesses and sadly no timeslip because at our midnight drag races in Tulsa. They don't give out slips for the midnights. Still, a vette is a vette. You know, the whole they are the fastest thing chevrolet puts out. I never thought that a modded camaro would do what mine does and draw as much attention as it does. But it does and I love nothing more than to prove people wrong who don't believe me. As for the eighth mile time on that run, no slip so I don't know. But I have got a slip with a smaller nos shot with ET Streets (pretty much wore out) 1.998 60 foot and the only different thing was the exhaust and I went 12.585 @ 120. The eighth mile was 99.154 MPH.
    I hate to be a skeptic, but your #s don't match up.......sorry. With 12.5 @ 120, your trap would be in the 2.2-2.4 range. Post a vid.

black
    1998 Z-28 Camaro

Because I have always seen vettes as very fast cars. Never once did I think something that cost as little as my camaro did, would keep up or even beat it. I know it is an 11 second trap speed, but without a stall and tyres, I am still slower than most stock 6 speed vettes. Not Z06 just base model is in the 12.5-12.8 range. Or that is at least what I was told. Especially without the bottle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information