Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Black
    2000 TransAm WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Mandrel bent true duals will NOT fit with a tunnel braced torque arm.
    here is a pic I have found on the net

and that is 3" pipe so 2 1/2 would be even better

It does look good, but I am not a fan of dumps.

RED
    2002 PONTIAC NHRA TA

True Duels My Way

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    Read before aksing questions about true dual exhaust.

Here are some questions and answers that some of you might have if you’re thinking about true dual exhaust.

Will I see more horse power over a Y pipe and catback set up?
    -the answer is yes, the exhaust will flow better over the Y pipe system if you are going to use the X pipe or H pipe for the cross over, the X and H pipe make the exhaust flow much smoother and has a better note to the exhaust sound.

Can I run true dual’s over the axle?
    -Yes you can run them over the axel on the passenger side of car and out the back of the car (using the muffler of your choice)
    Click for full size

The system below shows use of an X pipe over the axle using moroso spiral flow mufflers that can be had for about $40 a piece.

Will I have clearance problems with true duals?
    -the answer to this question depends on how well your shop does the install of the system, I have seen some applications that only have a few inches of clearance and scrape, while others have NO clearance problems at all. Some advice is to NOT have passengers in the rear seats when u are running a dumped exhaust being that the car will sag and can cause the exhaust to scrape the ground.

Should I run 2.5” pipe or 3” pipe?
    -2.5” pipe can be run for applications that are producing less then 500hp, but what pipe u want to run is all up to the person getting them installed the 3” will flow a bit better but you much that much of a gain over the 2.5” system

What mufflers should/can I use?
    -any bullet style muffler can be used, or you can opt to go with the Flowmaster 1 chambers these are referred to as “10” series delta flow race mufflers. Which in most people’s mind produce the best sound, being very deep and aggressive like the older muscle cars of the 60’s. Do NOT think since these are flowmaster mufflers that they do not flow well they are a one chamber design and used in race applications, they can handle up to 1,000hp.
    Click for full size

Can u run cats with a true dual system?
    -Yes u can run cats with a true dual system, if your state requires you to run them.

What is the typical price of true dual’s?
    - Depending on the shop I have seen dumped systems run anywhere from $300-$800, and have seen duals that exit the rear go as high as $1,200. I found a shop to run and hang my pipe for $125, plus my parts were about $350 to have the set up.

a small sound clip of my car and its true dual set up that is currently on the car, pacesetter L/T's, NO cats, 3' pipe into Flowmaster 1 chambers (10 series) dumped
    http://edigras.iweb.bsu.edu/Public/LS1/P7280188.MOV

***please post your pictures of your system and any experiences that you may have had or anything new that is not on the list and I will have it added on the main
    page.

i will update this page this page as much as possible with new pictures
    I HAVE INSTALLED TRUE DUELS ON MY 02 TA AND LOVE THEM. I WENT 2.5 ALL THE WAY BACK WITH BULLETS. I WENT UNDER THE AXLE FOR BEST FLOW AND HAVE HAD NO REAL CLEARENCE PROBLEMS. I CAN PUT THE CAR ON A TWO POST AND STILL LIFT IT WITH OUT THE REAR AXLE PUTTING ANY PRESSURE ON THE PIPES. HERE ARE SOME PICS.

White
    '02 Formula A4

What does 'dumped' mean? Also some one brought up the idea of a true duel side exit system, would this be easier. I kinda think it would but i'm sure you all know more then me. Also how much power does a TD system add over an aftermarket y-pipe system, no said this?

Black
    2000 TransAm WS6

here is a picture of mine dumped at the axle

White
    '02 Formula A4

Oh ok, I see now. Thanks for clearing that up.
    Any info on the side exit TD exhaust power gains? Would it be the same as dumping it but just to the side?

Black
    2000 TransAm WS6

there are a couple of pics in my earlier post but here are a couple more pics and videos
    System: 3" TD's H-pipe into 1 chamber flowmasters then under the axle with 2 1/2" pipe
    Cam is a custom grind form comp 238/242 .605/.610 110LSA

dumped

out the back under the axle

White
    '02 Formula A4

Nice man, your car sounds mean as hell. Thanks for the vids.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

I have TSP True duals 3" mandrel bent with dumps before the axle (sweet thunder mufflers). I love the sound, pretty docile at idle but scream at WOT. TSP true duals hang pretty low though I probably only have about 3-5in of clearance so I just avoid the usual stuff like speed bumps etc. no scraping so far.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

Black
    99 SS

got my duals back on my new trans am, great clearance on it

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

any clearance problems with going under the axle?

Black
    2000 TransAm WS6

I havent had any at all
    Mike Berry
    2000 TransAm WS6 A4
    ASC#6552

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Here is mine....Actually had it cleaned up since posting before.
    You need to have that panhard bar kit to run 3" duals over a 9" axle.
    So we took mine to 2.5" over the axle. No biggie, don't care what kinda power it makes with it capped. Actually very tame (for a large cammed 402) with the cutouts closed.
    Magnaflow mufflers under the rear bumper.

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler99WS6 View Post
    I have TSP True duals 3" mandrel bent with dumps before the axle (sweet thunder mufflers). I love the sound, pretty docile at idle but scream at WOT. TSP true duals hang pretty low though I probably only have about 3-5in of clearance so I just avoid the usual stuff like speed bumps etc. no scraping so far.
    I got the same setup man....Only i torched off thoes damn dumps cuz they scraped like hell espically on New York streets (F'in potholes!!!!)

So what i did was position the xpipe right inbetween the TA and run hangers on each outlet and bolt onto body....

Then had 3" mandrel pipes made at a shop in Queens and had them run all the way from where the dumps used to be UNDER the axel (yes my 3" pipes run under my rear axel heh) and out the back of the car....

NOW...Under the axel isnt bad of you dont go flying over pot holes and bumps so you WILL need to take you time only in thoes situations. Other then that no scraping on the streets even in drag racing under heavy load the pipes dont rattle again the chassis nore do they scrape!

If you have fatass friends who love to ride in your car (250lbs+) TAKE IT EASY ON THE STREET cuz you WILL bottom out on puny little holes and bumps so unless there gunna pay for a whole new exhaust tell them to pimp there own ride....

Finally, REAR PASSENGERS.....Fold your back seats down or put a roll cage in cuz thoes back seats will NEVER be used if you have a setup like mine....Scraping isn't even the word if you have people in the back seats SO DONT DO IT!!!! Let 2 10lb Nitrous bottles occupy your rear seats and call it a day cuz nothing else over 60-80lbs can be back there with out causing scraping issues!

I'm currently training in Georgia so i can't give you pictures of the under body but i'll be home at the end of march and i will give you picts then!!!

Anyother questions feel free to PM me!!!!

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Heres some picts of my true dual setup.....

Specs:

Pacesetter LTs
    True Dual Full 3" T-304 (i think), & ALL Mandrel bent pipes
    Center X-Pipe
    2 18" TSP Rumbler Bullet mufflers
    Mandrel bent 3" UNDER axel and out rear

Bulletproof Performance
    2002 Trans AM WS6 M6 Collectors Edition
    LSX 427 F-1R Procharged Build Underway
    Estimated Finish Date: Summer 2012-2013

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BerryWS6 View Post
    there are a couple of pics in my earlier post but here are a couple more pics and videos
    System: 3" TD's H-pipe into 1 chamber flowmasters then under the axle with 2 1/2" pipe
    Cam is a custom grind form comp 238/242 .605/.610 110LSA

What size exhaust tips are those?? I'm trying to decide whether to go with 2.5" or 3" dual tips, but I'm not sure the 3" will fit without hitting the bumper...

Next Race= WSIR 2/26-27 SIK02SS's Avatar
    Too many

3" TDs over the axle, dynomax bullit muffs, Pacesetter coated LTs

!cats
    !rear 02s

--http://www.ronsonracing.com/--
    -SCCA Touring 1-
    -2002 Corvette Z06-
    -Cal Club #94-
    Thanks to my Sponsors: Cunningham Motorsports, LG Motorsports, Hoosier Tires, and Carbotech Brakes!

Black
    2000 TransAm WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    What size exhaust tips are those?? I'm trying to decide whether to go with 2.5" or 3" dual tips, but I'm not sure the 3" will fit without hitting the bumper...
    They are 2 1/2 inch inlet and dual 3" oval but the are dual walled stainless steel, they're made by Magnaflow and they are for sale for both of them $100+shipping ($105 if using paypal) PM me if your interested.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BerryWS6 View Post
    They are 2 1/2 inch inlet and dual 3" oval but the are dual walled stainless steel, they're made by Magnaflow and they are for sale for both of them $100+shipping ($105 if using paypal) PM me if your interested.
    Ok, thanks for the info.

I'm not looking to spend $100 on exhaust tips, but thanks for the offer

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

were can i buy the x pipe??? any website???

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information