Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

wow that video is freakin sick ..300 kph in traffic??? huuuge sacs on these guys and extreme stupidity.....hell yeah!!! lol

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&q=499+hp+busa

this is what i'm talkin about, show me a car that would beat this thing
    OMG Ghostrider is the most extreme thing ive ever seen... I've downlaoded all the movie clips it blows your mind what this guy can do... Just watch the movies i can't describe them... prolly some crazy moto gp racer who needed some extra thrills in his life so he decided to start a movie production with a couple buddies showing him absolutely ABUSE the swedish police...anyways enough of that watch those movies yourself

the point of the matetr is that you cant compare bikes and cars. they arent even in the same universe in terms of performance. An r1 will reach 200 before you leave the line i mean there really is jsut no comparison.. 600s are not slow either, but they are more for tracks than straight line racing... the new r6 is an amazing bike, but frankly like opter ppl have said you beat the rider not the bike, but dont misunderstand me im not discreditiing you at all your car seems amazing but dont think you can go around now taking any ole brand new 600...if your friend learns how to ride you wont have a chance

Red
    1994 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Power06 View Post
    600cc sportbikes arent much of a race for a Viper or a Vette on the highway. most 600s will top out around 155-160. Liter bikes on the other hand... and also it doesnt matter how much power any given bike makes if the rider is a squid and cant ride. ive seen people on 600s take out Liter bikes without a problem, twisties and strip.

RyAn
    True top end is another story I was talking twisties or straight acceleration, I would think that some of the newer 600's could hit around 180 or higher only because my RC-51 (2000) is supposed to top out aound 175 to 185 and it makes a little less power than an R6 but also the R6 weighs less so it should have a better top end that also is going to depend on gearing as well, but yeah all depends on the rider.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by SDB View Post
    Anyone that thinks that newer 600's aren't much of a race for a vette or viper on the highway is completely ignorant. Any 600 sportbike (2002 or newer) will absolutely devastate any stock vette or viper made until its top speed is reached. from even a 50 kick, a newer sport bike will rape any stock vette or viper on a highway roll....until 150 or so.
    You don't know what you are talking about. Devastate a vette and viper from a roll? They won't Devastate low to mid 12 second cars from a dead stop, let alone from a roll. From a stop is the ONLY place they have any advantage in a a race against a vette and especially a viper

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I used to own a 96 600 F3 and I NEVER lost to a car. I used to laugh at them. Ignoramuses. Now I know better, it is all about the fun. I ran a bike last SAT night to about 130 140. Good times. I didn't even keep track, I just know I have a quick car and am happy.

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

This shit again

600's now are very fast, beating a lot of the literbikes from 10 yrs ago. A lot of riders on them aren't. Most guys in cars which were built fast spent a lot of time on the track and in the garage to get them to run those times, messing with and tuning their cars. The bikes are mechanically far faster, but any fool can buy one and jump on without any of the experience. Take keys of that guys 11 modded viper and toss them to his accountant, he'll barely break 13's. A decently ridden modern 600 with rider will destroy a vette or viper up until 120+ mph, when aerodynamic drag start to take over.

SDB
    Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post
    You don't know what you are talking about. Devastate a vette and viper from a roll? They won't Devastate low to mid 12 second cars from a dead stop, let alone from a roll. From a stop is the ONLY place they have any advantage in a a race against a vette and especially a viper
    I have raced a ton of bikes with my 10 second (motor only) Camaro (also have nitrous)... I know what I am talking about. Any new C6 or Viper will get ass raped from a 50-120 roll with a new 600...period. I can beat a new R6, I can beat lots of small bikes. My car will beat a C6 or a viper so fucking bad its like racing a Hundai. Find a new R6 or 636 with a good rider....both mid to low 10 second bikes with pro riders. I have seen mid to high 10's with real good riders locally. Trapping 125-130. Yes, these bikes will ass rape a stock C6 or Viper.

SDB

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

did you really just claim low 10s with a stock R6. . .what's the use in a literbike even existing then? Do they run 7s? Maybe it's just these "pro" riders, cause those exist on the street :rollseyes:

I raced two bikes at the same time the other day, 3 times. Twice from a roll and once from a dead stop. ONe was a stock 06 R6, and the other was a far from stock 600 CBR. From a roll both times the R6 fell behind and the modded CBR handed it to me. From a dead stop, they both pulled away just like they should have. From a roll a stock 600 can not hang. I know you will say the R6 rider couldn't ride :rollseyes: again. I've never been beaten on the roll by a stock 600. never. I don't care what you think or say, if it takes a pro rider and a track, I don't give a crap. If the average rider on the street can't do it, it doesn't matter.

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post
    did you really just claim low 10s with a stock R6. . .what's the use in a literbike even existing then? Do they run 7s? Maybe it's just these "pro" riders, cause those exist on the street :rollseyes:

I raced two bikes at the same time the other day, 3 times. Twice from a roll and once from a dead stop. ONe was a stock 06 R6, and the other was a far from stock 600 CBR. From a roll both times the R6 fell behind and the modded CBR handed it to me. From a dead stop, they both pulled away just like they should have. From a roll a stock 600 can not hang. I know you will say the R6 rider couldn't ride :rollseyes: again. I've never been beaten on the roll by a stock 600. never. I don't care what you think or say, if it takes a pro rider and a track, I don't give a crap. If the average rider on the street can't do it, it doesn't matter.
    Because they're even faster. about .5 secs faster and a trap speed about 10-15mph higher, digging deeper and deeper into the 9's every year. 1/2 a second is a lifetime when you're already in single digits in the 1/4s, it's buslengths.
    Come on z driver, we talked about this stuff before.

Are we comparing the vehicles or the riders on them? What's the typical doctor or rich businessman having a midlife run with their ferrari or lamborghini? They buy them just to show off and have little or no driving skill iwth it, so 14s, 15s? Does that mean that lambo diablo is a slow 15 second car? No, when you talk about how fast a vehicle is, you go by what the car itself is capable of.

With practice, every rider on the street could get within a few tenths of the pros. Pros don't sprinkle magic pixie dust that makes their cars and bikes go faster. They just get closer to the bikes max potential, picking better shift points, distributing their weight and handling the clutch closer to what's ideal for the bike. They get probably 95% of the bikes potential out, where a normal street guy could only get 90%. If the vehicle doesn't have the ability, it won't be done. No pro driver could drive a stock vette into the 10s, the car itself isn't fast enough. They just cut a couple tenths off what the practiced, good amateur driver can do. Those few tenths are what separate good from perfect. But it's not going to be some insane time which exists in an alternate dimension far faster than what any other good normal street driver is capable of. Pretty much every rider could get mid-high tens with a little track time. But most sportbikers are not interested in straight 1/4 mile drag, it's all about the twisties, so they don't practice dragging. There are plenty of regular, non pros on the street running mid 10's on their stock 600's. I can go to any bike board right now and get video, timeslips, contact info whatever if you'd like to see.

Or go to the nearest 1/4m track and ask the guys there about a new 600 that runs there a lot. If someone on a 600 is regularly practicing and trying to run faster in the drag, I guarantee you he'll be in the 10's.
    Last edited by shadegray; 07-27-2006 at 01:27 PM.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I frequent our track, no 600s race here. Only literbikes and one busa. I know what you are saying, but I still have yet to see it happen We have had this discussion before, but until I see it happen I can't agree. I've raced them, I've ridden them, and I just don't see it happening. I am a bike lover man, with any luck I'll ride until I die. I'm not just hatin on bikes, I'm telling you the only way I've ever seen it go down.

Red
    1994 Firebird

I would be surprised to see any 600's at a strip, if you can have all the power of a liter bike why would you go down to a 600? Besides things like busas are made for that kind of racing, with the length of the swingarm they suck in the twisties but in a straight line that thing will dominate. I here what you are saying that it hasn't happened yet, but if you think about would you really want to race a car on a bike? I have heard stories of the person in the car getting pissed off and trying to run down the bike or opening a door on the biker. In my opinion it just isn't worth it, the bikes you raced most likely are still new and probably have big chicken strips still. At any rate you said you ride, what do you ride? Just curious.

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

Alright, see for yourself.

10.6 on a new 2006 r6 by a good amateur rider.

^She also runs a 9.3 on a modded busa.

Also you say a viper/vette will take an r6 from a roll just not from a stop. So here's another r6 handing a viper it's ass in a 30-120mph roll

I can find more similar vids, timeslips, whatever if you want. Over the net, that's about the most and best proof as is possible to proof, I don't know what more someone can do to prove this from 1000 miles away. But I guess you don't want to believe it until you can see them run for yourself in person. Are there any other tracks nearby where you know 600's to run? If you can, go invite a couple for a run, those guys will surprise you. We'll just agree to disagree for now.

bryan, probably because even 600's have the power to flip somersault the bike, and people wanted to be able to ride on the street but knew getting a liter+ class sportbike for your first bike is widely considered to be a form of suicide, to the point it's actually illegal in Europe. Every mistake is magnified. I was a little overwhelmed even moving from a '95 6r to an '05 10r. Yeah, very few riders like to drag and run cars. First, most cars can't even come close to competing in the same class, and even then it can be dangerous. 2nd after a while, just going fast in a straight line gets pretty boring to be honest. It's more fun to go a road track and pull a g blasting through a sweeping curve at 170mph, bike leaned over so far your head's 2 feet from the gravel. Air screaming so hard around your helmet it literally causes deafness without hearing protection.

pewter

very nice videos man..definitly PROOF of how fast a 600 can been with a good rider!! thats really what i started the post for.....wanting to know how fast they really are since i knew the guy i raced obviously wasnt riding the bike to its fullest potentional

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

You can show me videos all day that you look up on the internet and tell me they are stock bikes, how do I know when this is what I see:

My experience, my video. s/e gixxer and a new 06 R6. after we take off, you never see the R6 again. He was pretty much at my back bumper the whole time. you're saying that just with a different rider he would not only have pulled me, but pulled the other bike as well. I was BONE stock with just a catback at that time. I ran a 13.9 at the track. If it has the potential to run a 10.5 stock, the bike should beat me regardless of the rider. 10.5 is foolproof fast enough to beat a 13.9 car. From a stop I would have gotten killed, I know that. From a roll their major advantage is lost.

On the other note, I think a 600 is too much for the average newbie that wants to ride. I think most everyone should learn on a sv500 or 500r

Bryan, I r-ode a s/e 05 busa. Sold it to my friend a while back cause I want to get a literbike instead. Here's a video of him riding it for the first time next to my car when it was stock. By the end of the night he got decent with it and decided he wanted one instead of his cruiser. I can't decide if I want a zx-10 or a gixxer

pewter

mabe im confused but it looks to me like u got smoked by BOTH bikes in those videos?????????????????????????????

In the market for an LS1

sportrider.com/bikes/146_performance_numbers/

I can't post links yet so put www in front of this.

Check out the performance numbers as tested by sport rider. Click each brand to view their different bikes. Granted, these drivers are probably better than your average but it goes to show even 600cc bikes are faster than a stock Vette or Viper. I ride a 00 ZX9. These guys took it to almost a 10 sec flat. Could I? Noway, probably just breaking into the 10s but even your average rider is going to pull some sick times. The 06 R6 ran a 10.7. Even if the guy was a full second behind the magazine drivers he will be almost right at the times of the cars.

white
    1995 chevy silverado 57k

hard numbers
    car and driver december 2005z06 505hp
    0-60 - 3.4
    0-100, 7.8
    0- 150, 17.9
    quater timers 11.8, 125
    rolling 5- 60, 3.8
    top speed 198

510 hp dodge viper
    0-60 - 3.8
    0-100, 8.5
    0- 150, 20.2
    quater timers 12.1. 120mph
    rolling 5- 60, 4.6
    top speed 190

these are 2006 bikes
    r6
    113.0hp
    0-60 in 3.55
    1/4 time 11.02@127.46

cbr600rr
    105.6 hp
    0-60 in 3.39
    1/4 time 10.87@128.54mph

zx6r
    111.4hp
    0-60 in 3.37
    1/4 time 10.84@129.86mph

gsxr 600
    109.3hp
    0-60 in 3.48
    1/4 time 10.85@129.52

gsxr 750
    129.1mph
    0-60 in 3.30
    1/4 time 10.47@135.2
    the bike times and stuff are from the june 06 issue of motorcyclist
    as you can see these are all pro riders and drivers but the the only thing that wins is the z over the 0-60 times on the gsxr 600 and r6 by.08sec on the gsxr and .15 secx on the r6

im not getting into the argument but just offering hard facts as to what cars and bikes do
    Last edited by the fast one; 07-28-2006 at 01:15 PM.

white
    1995 chevy silverado 57k

and for the big bikes in 1000cc class same date and issue of the 600 bikes
    these are 2006 bikes
    cbr1000rr
    1/4 9.898
    0-60 2.95
    0-100 5.37
    Hp 158.8

Zx10r
    1/4 9.764
    0-60 2.95
    0-100 5.36
    Hp 166.1

Gsxr1000
    1/4 9.774
    0-60 2.92
    0-100 5.35
    Hp 159.8

Yzf-R1
    1/4 9.772
    0-60 2.81
    0-100 5.30
    Hp 154.9

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    mabe im confused but it looks to me like u got smoked by BOTH bikes in those videos?????????????????????????????
    watch it again

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

So it's because you don't believe the 10 second 600's amateur vids are stock though they say so? How about with motorcycle-usa's buyer evaluation tests of the (at the time) new 2005 model bikes, which, obviously, are tests of the new model bikes in stock form?

http://video.motorcycle-usa.com/moto...A/05R6_1-1.wmv

Another 10 sec run.

You can play street runs of car vs bike, but those are uncontrolled and by unknown drivers who heavily influence the performance. The best comparison is track numbers under controlled scenarios performing at their best. Are there vids of stock 10 second vette and viper runs?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information