Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Me Vs Wrx

American Muscle

Blue
    2001 Formula

being i started this l forum i will add somthing else. My girlfriend actually drives a wrx with a manual and i've driven that thing many of times and all i know is that bastard is not easy to race. You need to get used to keeping those rpms up and for some reason you can't blow through the gears like an american car its very tricky. I give guys lots of credit who can drive those cars good because i just can't get used to it.
    01 Formula M6 Dark BLue Metallic

Mods:SLP Lm Catback,Pacesetter Lt's with off road Y pipe, Complete Slp cold air kit,Free mods, B&M ripper shifter,cartek dyno tune,Umi Lca's and panhard rod,Ls7 Clutch Kit,4.10's,mickeyT Dr's,and TT2's
    12.51 1/4 @113 340rwhp 352rwtq

red
    1999 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SexyAssFormula View Post
    Yes they were still slow as balls in the 80's. I say this because my Dad in his younger days (circa 1980) had a 79 Formula with the Olds 403 in it, his sister had 80' Turbo Trans AM and his Formula used to eat that thing alive. Just thought I would explain my statement.
    Key word.his sister. Usually girls don't know how to race. Thats why girls who can work a stick turn me ON. lol
    Well I'll take your word for it , I geuss 80 trans am turbo = suck balls
    Before some other woman reads this I'd like to say if you can drive call 1-800-red-TaSs, for a good time.lol

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

the 1980s sucked??? well the 1980 301 turbo t/a was quick for it's day, if you research the engine, you will find out the that the entire design was bad! the turbo was a piss poor quality and the engine had a horrible bore to stroke ratio and the compression was was like a full point lower than it needed to be, and no it wasn't because of limited technology in the 80s it was because GM had a debt to the federal govt. just like chrysler and ford and had to settle for poor quality instead of performance, IMHO the olds 403 was just as bad as the 301 due to oiling issues and overheating the only real T/A was the pontiac powered W-72 with pontiac 400, and it was much faster than all of the above, sorry to hi-jack, just FYI

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

EDIT-the only real T/A made between 1977-1980 was a W-72

black
    2000 trans am ws6

how bout the Grand National... v6 turbo.. about a 12 sec car...

Black
    1998 Formula

Grand Nationals are sick, but thats late 80's, cars started getting fast again.

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by 6sw00 View Post
    how bout the Grand National... v6 turbo.. about a 12 sec car...
    It's a great car if you know what the hell your doing, and in my book GM knew what they were doing except the vacum block on them were piss poor of quality. I am supprised most of you did not even mentioned the 89 20th Aniv T/A . Just like a GN 3.8 Turbo, and that car would run 13's dialed right all day in 98 degree weather. I also love GMC's Typhoon, and Syclone.

Thread Information