Thread: Scam Or Not???

iTrader

Black

Scam Or Not???

okay guys im selling my trans am on this website for $16,999 obo (http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22116)and this guy has been in contact with me via emails and i wanna know what you think cause it just seems way too shady to me... he hasnt told me where he even lives nor has he tried to contact me over the phone... i am obviously not go through with this cause my gut tells me somethings up. but here are the emails we have sent to each other back and forth... your feedback would be greatly appreciated!!! thanks oh and by the way im assuming he got my information off of autotrader (http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...18000&cardist=0) considering he never even asked what mods were done to this car at all as they are not listed on autotraders website.

okay so ive been in (email) contact with this guy who i do not know where he lives (shady) here ill just cut and paste these emails we sent back and forth to each other and you let me know what you think... somethings up

First Email from him;
    Anthony Celeste,I came across your 1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 6sp for sale which i am interested in,and i am ready to purchase it immediately.But i would like to know the present status and it's cost price so that I can proceed further on with payment, for the shippment I have a reputable shipping. Awaiting your favourable reply.

Regards..

Anthony

My reply;
    Hey anthony,
    The car has not yet been sold. I am looking to get $16,999 for the car. If you are really interested in the car you can give me a call on my cell phone (630) 915-XXXX. I am located in winfield IL. And i was wondering where you were from?

His second email;
    Hello,

Thanks for the reply,i really appreciate it.The price is ok by me, I will like to know the present condition as well as the pictures if possible, I am not presently in town now ,as i am on a business trip in Southwales, UK. Concerning the shipping, i will be responsible for it.I will await your prompt reply.

My regards to you and your family,

Anthony

My second reply;
    PICS attached in email
    Anthony,
    as far as the condition of the car, it in excellent shape, especially considering the year it is. It has 3 little dents on the passenger side quarter panel very small and hardly noticable, that is why i never got it fixed. the passenger window motor is worn out i will be replacing that soon. the two rear speakers are sub speakers those are blown so ive been trying to find some online. and the driver side pillar has two holes in it from a previous dual pillar gauges in it. i will send you pics if you need them of anything you request. thanks

Jonathon

His third email;
    Hello,

Thanks for your recent mail. The price is okay by me, and i am ready to purchase it immediately, but concerning the shipping, my shipping agent will take care of that as I'm presently on a business trip in Southwales, Uk. So please if this is okay by you provide me with your contact address and phone number where the payment will be sent to.

So that i will contact my client immediately that owes me $25,500, and i will instruct him to issue a certified check to you on my behalf ok, and as soon as the payment get to you i would like you to cash it immediately and deduct your money, and send the remaining balance to my shipping agent so that he can be able to pay and make an arrangement for the pick-up ok And as soon as you provide me with your contact address payment will be made out to you immediately. Hope to see your urgent reply soonest.

My best regards to your family.

Anthony

My third and most recent reply;

This whole thing sounds too complicated for me. if you could wire transfer the money directly to my account i would feel more comfortable. If you would like to discuss this transaction further i would like to talk to you over the phone (630)915-XXXX.

YOUR THOUGHTS GUYS... SCAM OR WHAT???

iTrader
    2000 Trans Am

SCAM!!! Dont do it! Its all over the net. A lot of people have lost there cars plus money. Dont waste your time

The check he will mail you will be counterfeit.

iTrader

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Dont even go for that . The guy i bought my T/A from went through the same thing with a 57 Chevy he was selling ...

iTrader

Black

thanks for the quick replies.... it really sucks that there are people out there like this.....

iTrader

Black/ Blue and white
    98/99 Trans am

`100% Scam dont ever cash someones elses check. Certified bank check to you in your name and then you go to the bank to verify its 100% legit

iTrader

NBM
    1999 TA WS6

RIP OFF. I had someone try to pull that sh*t with me on ebay once.

iTrader
    YUP..heard the same thing when I was trying to sell my charger..

SCAM!!!!

Brad

Dreamin of a Paint Job... XtinKt's Avatar
    iTrader

Silver
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

You should have known it was a scam on the first email. I deal with this crap daily as i own a web based company selling office equipment.

Good Rule of Thumb. If they can't type gooder anglish, don't deal with them.

iTrader
    2001 Corvette M6

yeah that guy is full of it.....I had something like that happen to me with my 98 Trans Am.....and he was sayin all the same stuff...I told the guy to fock off.....

iTrader

#1 Black #2 Burgandy
    2-1994 Trans Am's

scam!!!

iTrader

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Call the FBI and let them know about it, see if they take him down.

iTrader

Black
    1998 Formula

The Scam of all scams, ive gotten those types of emails when I tried selling my car, my rims and a bluetooth headset. These ppl write like theyre robots, thats the dead give away. That guy is an asshole, I hope he gets busted.

iTrader

Silver
    1998 camaro z28

I work for a used car lot. And we get emails like this ALL THE TIME. it's really bad On Ebay. almost all of them are in broken english, and wants you to wire them a few thousand bucks before they give you a million. right..

iTrader

SOM
    02 WS6

You also have to watch out for them stealing any ads you post. They will take your ad and photos, post it on another site with their contact information and proceed to rip off folks. They will put an ad up saying they will sell you the car for only $6,900 if you send a deposit check RIGHT NOW! They always seem to be "off overseas doing business" and are never home to check their "real" account.

The best thing to do is report them to the FBI since this is a federal crime. also, I see people here in the military get taken by this all the time. You will not only lose money, you could also be charged with crimes!

iTrader

Blue
    1967 Firebird

I would be care full. I got scammed by Jason Mott 1st Place Performance from Splendora Texas. He was suppose to rebuild my 1967 Firebird 400 Engine and Trans for $11,000.00. he fraudently charged my cards $32,000.00 dollars. and now i have to go thru police and file charges to get my stuff back.. Beware there are a lot of Frauds out there

iTrader

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Same thing they tried with me.......When I sold my 280Z`s Custom chrome Rims...I had an ad on Craigslist and this guy who claimed he was going to write me a check for more then my asking price because he was a "God fearing Man" and claimed he had his own shipper too! I smelled him coming like a Ten dollar whore downwind I nixed that deal told him to F off and ended up selling them to a guy ...a real guy who gave me his phone number and met him @ a local grocery store parking lot...and he had CA$H.......Done Deal....These are sometimes perpetrated by overseas criminals....Like the Nigerian Scams....Always keep it simple and go with your gut not your greed.....We all want to sell or buy things for the best price...But I am sure someone in our lives has told us.."If its too good to be true,It probably isn't.!" and the almighty dollar...Ca$h...Is the best way to go.....

iTrader

black
    2004 gto

Scam Or Not???

My son being young and gullible fell for one of these assholes , they are very good at what they do . If they aren't willing to talk to you on the phone and want to play some bullshit game with shipping stay away from them . It seams no law enforcement is interested in helping either . It was a 500.00 lesson for my son but I know that he doesn't deal with anyone who can't talk to you . cash or cashiers check only these days and if it's a cashiers check it has to clear the bank and be turned into cash before anyone gets shit . It's sad how many assholes spend their lives figuring out how to screw hard working people .

iTrader
    7 (100%)

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you guys realize this 10 year old thread got bumped by someone who is just here to bitch about being overcharged by a shop right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

iTrader

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

[QUOTE=0rion;2956118]you guys realize this 10 year old thread got bumped by someone who is just here to bitch about being overcharged by a shop right?

I didn't realize this was about someone bitchin about being overcharged by a shop ...No. I saw this thread in the Forums section and answered it...yeah even though it was 10 years old I figured even though most everyone else (Senior members etc) had read it already...Someone that is New to LS1 may have not read it ? Maybe it would help them not get ripped off? Plus I had already ran through the other threads such as "Whats New"(and was bored) and others so I decided to check out the Forums section and...well that's how I ended up here. Is it a faux pas ? Im not going to get "inked" or "banned" am I....

Thread Information