Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Black
    2000 Z28

AWD cars all have about 25% drivetrain loss. So that puts the stock stealth/3kgt at about 230 to the ground stock. I figure with just the upped boost, he's probably looking at only about 275 on the ground. You should still take him NA.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

god damn, RACE HIM AND TELL US!

White
    09 G8 GT

I would say def. ask him why he gets to run with turbos and you cant use the nitrous, he probly thinks because you can turn it on and off and he cant with the turbo. Its basically the comparison of "car vs. car" or "engine mods vs. engine mods" because car vs. car, its a stealth TT vs. a Camaro Z28 and the dodge comes with turbo, chevy doesnt so, although i dont agree with him telling you not to use NOS, i can see why he's saying it. If your talking mods vs. mods then yeah you should have NOS b/c he has a power adder too. Its like saying, then the LS1 should be TT to match the dodge, because a stock camaro would absolutely wipe the floor against a n/a stealth.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1fan74
    I would say def. ask him why he gets to run with turbos and you cant use the nitrous, he probly thinks because you can turn it on and off and he cant with the turbo. Its basically the comparison of "car vs. car" or "engine mods vs. engine mods" because car vs. car, its a stealth TT vs. a Camaro Z28 and the dodge comes with turbo, chevy doesnt so, although i dont agree with him telling you not to use NOS, i can see why he's saying it. If your talking mods vs. mods then yeah you should have NOS b/c he has a power adder too. Its like saying, then the LS1 should be TT to match the dodge, because a stock
    camaro would absolutely wipe the floor against a n/a stealth.
    Exactly, Maybe if he hadnt upped the boost I would go N/A. But how can he tell me not to spray when he's got TT's and they are modified to add MORE power then stock. I think the stock psi is 10, not sure though, might even be 12.

Regardless of what he says i'll give him the finger and spray til hell freezes over.

UPDATE* he had to put in a new radiator.... right, and he is doing it today (he told me this last night.) Tonight is our graduation so were almost positive this is going down on friday. Ohh well... that gives me time for an oil/oil filter change, and time to clean my damn K&N looks like a toasted bagel with black creamcheese.

Black
    01 ws6

Haa I just want to race. Is the radiator a intercooler? I would love to race him from a roll, try that first, then you will know if you need the gas, use it even then. Never lose, well if he makes you disable it. Use what you got. Do you give your sweetie five of six? Or seven of seven? Race him, tell us hurry up...

2003 DSG Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980
    I raced a guy with a 3000gt vr4 all wheel drive with my 99 t/a 6 speed.
    Pretty much the same car as a stealth awd.

He was a gret driver and he had exhaust and knn filter and his turbos turned up.

I have the standard bolt ons, whisper lid, knn, flowmaster cat back, racing clutch, hypertech, and I can launch my car pretty good (not perfect)

Anyway from a 20mph roll we were even untill 3rd gear, then I pulled a little past him (half a car or so) then the same all the way to 130 or so, then he always let off.

Off the line though is a differant story, He would rev his car up to 6 grand and drop it. All 4 of his 18 inch wheels would spin and his car would launch like a rocket ship. He would get at least 2 cars ahead -on my best launches. Then in 3rd gear I would start to catch up, but I couldnt get ahead ever.

We went to the track together once, and he ran a 12.9 I ran a 13.2 (I have ran a 13 flat one time before, but average 13.3)

Anyway with spray you should take him in 2nd or 3rd gear, but off the line, If he knows how to drive, forget about it. From a punch with or without spray you should be ok.

Hope this helps, I say spray the nos, you bought it, so use it.
    Ive driven both...
    if the Stealth is TT and not stock... then you will have a good race... hes got AWD and turbos... not too hard to drive...

good luck... i will agree with teh post above.

NBM
    '00 Z28

Is today the day?

Impounded

Silver
    02 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by WinSomeLoseNone
    I've got this guy who lives in my area and wants to take me on. He's got a Dodge stealth Twin turbo. The turbo's are stock but he has a boost controller and pumped them up to 14 lbs of boost. Other than that its all stock with a K&N filter.
    He swears that he will wax the floor with me. I'm not heavily modded save the $1400.00 ive spent on nitrous. He wants to race from a standstill heads up and N/A NO N2O. After that if I havent beat him he says we will go again with me spraying.
    What are my chances against him N/A and spraying?

My N2O setup is a 100 wet shot through a TB plate. Got all the bells and whistles, heater, purge, window switch. Also from so much track time and practicing I can really NAIL a launch. Perfect slip at just under 2,000 rpm. To this point never been pulled on by anyone at launch, although he is AWD.
    EXACT same mods a guy from work had on his Stealth. He would get me by a car or two in my catback/K&N 94 A4 LT1 Camaro w/2.73 gears...when I bought my 02 M6 (and was COMPLETELY STOCK) I beat him by 1/2-2 car lengths each race from a dig to 105-110 and was worse for him from a roll...THE NEXT DAY traded his Stealth in and bought a WS6 TA True story

btw, he would not launch the car hard because he said the tranny/coupling system was a weak spot and could break so he always did a 3k or so launch.
    Last edited by Mike's02Z28M6; 06-16-2006 at 11:11 AM.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

wow.

black 01 red 73
    01 z28 and 73 z28

if that ahole wants to launch a stock 10 plus year old drivrtrain at 6 grand thats been known to be a weak point of that car to begin with it may be over on the line!

Quote Originally Posted by specialized.1
    Haa I just want to race. Is the radiator a intercooler? ...
    Kinda. A radiator is used for cooling the engine coolant while an intercooler is cooling the compressed air coming from the turbo. In this case turbos!.

Black
    '03 Cobra

3.0 litre vs 5.7? Wouldn't you consider the added cubes a "power adder"? The blowers are there to even the playing field so this argument is pointless.

All this is B.S. anyway... if that tool is gonna mouth off he needs to run the O.P. w/ his best - toolboy is running his best. Otherwise he needs to shut the eff up.

You (O.P.), by the way, are gonna waste him if you're a half decent driver. Spray his sorry butt and send him home (but get video and post it EVERYWHERE).

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

OMGGG, We havent raced yet, BUT LOOK WHY

im going to go get pictures RIGHT NOW at 11pm and show you WTF happened to my car .....WAIT AND WATCH

Images are uploading to putfile now
    Last edited by WinSomeLoseNone; 06-16-2006 at 07:47 PM.

Black
    '03 Cobra

OMGGG, We havent raced yet, BUT LOOK WHY

im going to go get pictures RIGHT NOW at 11pm and show you WTF happened to my car .....WAIT AND WATCH

uh oh...

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

I complained about leaking a while back, on here or ls1tech.
    WELLL this is what happens when you have a little leak and it rains 2 inches in about 2 hours. THIS SUCKS
    I had a small leak recently. After the insane downpour I had about 3 inches of water in the rear passenger's foot area, and 5 in the front passenger. I proceded to do this....
    Look at top 4 pictures*

http://www.putfile.com/winsomelosenone

Hopefully I got it soon enough. It was only wet overnight, Everything is just about bone dry and I will reassemble it tomorrow.
    OH* and before you ask, after running dozens of wires through the firewall rubber thingy it had gotten pulled out of the firewall completely. To solve this I put in back in place and used Black silicone and completely airtight sealed the hole. If i want to run more wires I just have to poke a hole and reseal it with silicone. Hopefully this will solve the problem
    Last edited by WinSomeLoseNone; 06-16-2006 at 07:56 PM.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

I'll be good to go tomorrow night and kick this Stealths Ass.

black
    1998 pontiac trans am

i would race him with no bottle ,but you need drag radials, that is a heavy car ,he will leave on you reguardless ,but if you are going a full quarter and you can drive you will catch him in the top end . when my ta was basically stock with the bottle i rarely had to use it at the philly street races . ive beat 3000 gt twim turbo,s , stealths ,nsx,s ,no bottle , it was the trans ams and camaro,s i has to spray against. maybe a couple cobra,s . but my car was one of the fastest driven to the races car there ,this was 99/2000 now its a little differnt ,the car sat for three years while i was in prison ,just got out 6 months ago ,and i just installed a 537 hp fully forged bottom,patriot/comp cams top, it dynod today at 537 on the engine dyno ,im gonna put it in the car next week ,and now i have a 2 stage nx nitrous kit on it . lets see who wants some! havnt decided on headers though ,any suggestions, i just read in high tech gm edelbrock just came out with a set that made 50 rwhp just from the headers ?: can anyone vouge for that? and a price?
    Last edited by mad3125; 06-16-2006 at 08:25 PM.

black
    1998 pontiac trans am

is this for money or just bragging rights? cause if its for bragging rights ,tell him to come see you after you put a twin turbo on your car! this guy with the stealth or whatever must be a douche bag . he just doesnt know the possiblities of an ls1! procharge,turbos, blower, 500 shot of nitrous! tell him to buy a real car! the 06 zo6 . that car is my dream car . !!!!!!

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

You will never meet someone as cocky as this kid in your life. He will not shut the Funkin waggles up about his turbo beast. OH!, and I Have this scale at Zieglers apple cider plant that they use for tractor trailers and with me in the car and a 1/4 tank of gas I weigh 3400 lbs(im only 130 lbs OF MUSCLE), look at that profile picture all muscle

When I asked this kid, alex, what he weighed because ive heard abour their weight problems he look away and kind of mumbled 3500
    Actually it's more like 3800+. Do 2 out 3 n/a AND with the NOS and by then his clutch should fry.....

He gets a power adder because without it he's only making 200hp (detuned for the turbos from the 222hp for the n/a version).

Remember, those things are heavy. 14 LBs on stock twins...he could be pushing around 400 AWHP. Eh, that's nothing. Just spray up top and you'll easily beat him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information