Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

'99 Cammed Z28 vs. Badass BMW M3

I got into it with an Asian guy driving a BMW on I-40. This bimmer was white, tinted windows, with at least 18 inch aftermarket chrome wheels on it. It had the M3 fenders, but it didn't have any badges to speak of. The guy had a hottie with him, but together they prolly weighed at much as me.

And man, was this Gotdamn Bimmer FAST!

I merged onto 40, and saw a smooth ass bimmer go by, it looked like an M3, so I decided to provoke him by flooring it from about 30 mph from the on ramp and getting to 80 plus on his ass in no time flat. He is driving normally for a little while, and I keep seeing his hand flick out like he was smoking a cigarette. Suddenly he switches lanes and floors the M3. I was like OK, he wants to play, traffic opened up and I got up beside him, but he punches it when I get close to him, so I just tried to keep up. I didn't blow by him though, it was like I was pulling him, but not by much.

That bimmer would positively EAT a bolt-on LS1.

We ran into traffic before we could find anything out. So, I get in front somehow, and wait for him to get on my ass, and I returned the favor by punching when he got on my ass. But, to my surprise, he was about a car length back all the way to 130 or so and stayed there!

We ran into some traffic again, and he pulls up beside me, and says, "lets race for real!" Or some sh*t like that. So we punch it at the same time and maybe I put a car length on him to 145, but this time we didn't slow down for anything and we did no less than 120 for about a mile. Bobbing and weaving, and putting the "average" commuter at risk. Thank God there wasn't much traffic.

Before anyone says anything, I know it was dangerous, reckless, and stupid, but it sure was FUN! Like a real life Need4Speed.

Dude was cool as hell though, and just as reckless as me. He gave me a thumbs up when he got off on 440. Wish I could have talked to him. I would like to know what he had done to that thing. It would eat a stock 03 Cobra.

I didn't hear a supercharger, before anyone asks, and it wasn't loud at all. I hope the Bimmer guy is cruising the LS1 sites, if so, I give you props man, that is a nice, wicked fast M3.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    I got into it with an Asian guy driving a BMW on I-40. This bimmer was white, tinted windows, with at least 18 inch aftermarket chrome wheels on it. It had the M3 fenders, but it didn't have any badges to speak of. The guy had a hottie with him, but together they prolly weighed at much as me.

And man, was this Gotdamn Bimmer FAST!

I merged onto 40, and saw a smooth ass bimmer go by, it looked like an M3, so I decided to provoke him by flooring it from about 30 mph from the on ramp and getting to 80 plus on his ass in no time flat. He is driving normally for a little while, and I keep seeing his hand flick out like he was smoking a cigarette. Suddenly he switches lanes and floors the M3. I was like OK, he wants to play, traffic opened up and I got up beside him, but he punches it when I get close to him, so I just tried to keep up. I didn't blow by him though, it was like I was pulling him, but not by much.

That bimmer would positively EAT a bolt-on LS1.

We ran into traffic before we could find anything out. So, I get in front somehow, and wait for him to get on my ass, and I returned the favor by punching when he got on my ass. But, to my surprise, he was about a car length back all the way to 130 or so and stayed there!

We ran into some traffic again, and he pulls up beside me, and says, "lets race for real!" Or some sh*t like that. So we punch it at the same time and maybe I put a car length on him to 145, but this time we didn't slow down for anything and we did no less than 120 for about a mile. Bobbing and weaving, and putting the "average" commuter at risk. Thank God there wasn't much traffic.

Before anyone says anything, I know it was dangerous, reckless, and stupid, but it sure was FUN! Like a real life Need4Speed.

Dude was cool as hell though, and just as reckless as me. He gave me a thumbs up when he got off on 440. Wish I could have talked to him. I would like to know what he had done to that thing. It would eat a stock 03 Cobra.

I didn't hear a supercharger, before anyone asks, and it wasn't loud at all. I hope the Bimmer guy is cruising the LS1 sites, if so, I give you props man, that is a nice, wicked fast M3.

Thats sick! Good story.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

pam-swear, my heart is racing after reading that. Bad fuckin' ass, dude!

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Wish I would have had my seatbelt on, now that I think about it.

The new M3 puts down around 270 RWHP and with some bolt on's it's probably pushing around 300 RWHP... my friends heads/cam z06 puts 10+ car lengths on M3's, but he is making 450 RWHP

Obviously it was a modded M3, otherwise you would've left it in the dust , good story though

J. Kidd
    Nice run!

You say you didn't hear a blower, huh? With the kind of power you're making, I think he would have needed one to keep up like that. There are a couple mods for the M3's but they don't add up to much. Cold air intake, exhaust, maybe pullies....even if he invested $3k in the car to add all those, I doubt he'd be getting more than another 40 hp. If he did, you're still making as much at the wheels as he would be at the crank. A blower would put him right next to you, though. Sounds like he had a strong runner, though.

NBM
    '00 Z28

Nice run. Sounds like a fun time. I wonder what he's thinking about it.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    Nice run. Sounds like a fun time. I wonder what he's thinking about it.
    He is prolly thinking about turbocharging it, or buying a 454 cubic inch Warhawk LSX engine for that M3. Either way, he is plotting the destruction of that Pewter Z28 that peeled his ass.

NBM
    '00 Z28

N-2-o

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Could've been a M5 engine on a 330 series car?
    Last edited by bene; 06-13-2006 at 09:04 AM.

2K LPM Z28 M6- GMHTP StreetHeat feature Nov 12- Camaro Performers Readers' Rides feature Nov 12
    2K4 BS G35 sedan 5AT

Nawz

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by bene
    Could've been a M5 engine on a 330 series car?
    Hmmm...with the cost of factory M parts, I doubt it. He would have faired far better to put a supercharger or turbocharger on it. He might have had NOS, the car, the guy, and the girl looked like they just fell off the set of the newest FAST & FURIOUS movie.

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Stock m3's run high 12's. Stock 6 cylinder engine with no turbo or anything like that.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by EVO8 driver
    Stock m3's run high 12's. Stock 6 cylinder engine with no turbo or anything like that.
    If that is true, then all he would need is bolt-ons in order to hang. That is impressive for an inline 6 with no power adder!

J. Kidd
    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    If that is true, then all he would need is bolt-ons in order to hang. That is impressive for an inline 6 with no power adder!
    No, that is not the norm. Put it this way, there are probably fewer STOCK M3's in the 12s than there are STOCK LS1s in the 12s.

You're still talking about 333 hp / 262 ft.-lb. in a 3400+ lb. car with a final drive of 3.64. 0-60 is about 4.8. They are quick cars but they are not 12 second cars bone stock. Not saying nobody has run that, but even LS1s are not 12 second cars bone stock (again, not saying it hasn't been done).

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by J. Kidd
    No, that is not the norm. Put it this way, there are probably fewer STOCK M3's in the 12s than there are STOCK LS1s in the 12s.

You're still talking about 333 hp / 262 ft.-lb. in a 3400+ lb. car with a final drive of 3.64. 0-60 is about 4.8. They are quick cars but they are not 12 second cars bone stock. Not saying nobody has run that, but even LS1s are not 12 second cars bone stock (again, not saying it hasn't been done).
    Motortrend and Car and Driver both could only muster 13.1-13.2's with it at 104 or some sh*t. That is still pretty damn good for a STOCK inline-6, but it costs an arm and a leg. A used '01 can still fetch mid-30's at dealerships.

I test drove a stock '01 M3 with a 6-speed last year, and it didn't impress me. Albeit, I had just jumped out of an 01' Cobra with full bolt-ons, and 3.73 gears. I punched the M3 when I turned around, with the car salesman in there, and it didn't spin a lick. I have to admit, I was disappointed. That M3 couldn't hold the Cobra's jockstrap, much less the Z's. Get this, that f*cker wanted me to GIVE him my Cobra, PLUS like 20 G's for that slow ass turd (58K miles).

One editor said "punching the M3 anywhere in first induced massive wheelspin, and a hard shift to second would spin 20 ft." Where the f*ck was all that power when I drove it, I wonder?

I just read somewhere today that they come with some engine "retarded" traction control, that you must switch off. Well, it must have been on when I drove it, and it was working TOO good.

Thread Information