Awaiting Activation

'99 Z28 vs. Lightening

I finally got a nice kill on my list!

I was one lake shore drive today in Chicago. Im sure many of you have heard of it. It follows the lakefront of lake michigan. Well its 3 lanes wide each way in most spots and you can really get going if theres no traffic.

So me and a friend are cruising and i see this lightening merging on and he is hammering it. I'm like someone to mess with. So then he immediatly want to play too. I'm in the middle and he gets in the left and starts pacing me - i look over and bam! he downshifts. His supercharger is screaming. i downshift to into 2nd at about 45 and give chase. I rip though the rest of 2nd and catch him in third. In 3rd i am doing 70 and i am at his rear bumper and by about 90 i am a car in front.

We did it one more time and i really got him. We slowed after the 1st race to 45ish again and i was ready with my car in 2nd with the clutch in for him to hit it. He didn't get any jump on me this time and he was 2+ cars back by 90.

Wow it was such a rush racing something fast for a change. I love hearing that supercharger whine - it sounds so mean!!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

good kill, any idea what year it was,

NA POWER

what are your mods?
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

Awaiting Activation
    im not sure on the year -but i think it was like '00. I think the new ones have clear tail lights and this one didn't have those. So yeah i don't know if it had 360hp or 380hp.

All i have im my car is FRA and an SLP Lid so i was surprised.

BORLA exhuast is on the way though!!!! Ordered it a week ago and wish i had it now. Probably would've scared the lightening guy!!

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ
    im not sure on the year -but i think it was like '00. I think the new ones have clear tail lights and this one didn't have those. So yeah i don't know if it had 360hp or 380hp.

All i have im my car is FRA and an SLP Lid so i was surprised.

BORLA exhuast is on the way though!!!! Ordered it a week ago and wish i had it now. Probably would've scared the lightening guy!!
    Out of the hole is where modded Lightenings are most dangerous, but when the MPH starts to climb, it becomes a brick.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

wow, that made my heart race just reading that...wicked kill man!

Black
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    Out of the hole is where modded Lightenings are most dangerous, but when the MPH starts to climb, it becomes a brick.
    Thats just logic. Our cars are low slung and sleek. He's no doubt got a significantly higher coefficient of air friction, which increases drag as a square of velocity, not a linear function. So while a truck needs only a small HP/TQ advantage to take us off the line, once you start getting close to 100 (where air drag really starts to matter) they've got a lot of work to do to overcome their boxy truck body.

A friend of mine has an 05 F350 King Ranch (the top of the line crew cab truck) with the 6.0 powerstroke diesel. That thing, for being twice as heavy as my car is CRAZY fast once you get to full boost. Slower than my car, and the LT1 T/A I've driven, but probably the 3rd or 4th quickest thing I've driven, and I never drove it without a trailer hooked up hauling at least 1 800lb lawn mower. (Yeah, so I haven't driven a lot of sports cars) These kids with bolt on civics that think their car is fast, would piss their pants. I bet this truck could hook up a trailer, put a fart-cannoned civic on it and keep up, if not win, through an 1/8 mile. Above 60 though you can really start to feel the air resistance pulling you back. The sickest part is that with like $1000 in mods this truck would be putting down like 500 hp and 750 tq at the wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    wow, that made my heart race just reading that...wicked kill man!

damn dude, might want to slow down reading the kill stories before you have a heart attack, you posted the same thing on the M3 vs. LS1 post

"pam-swear, my heart is racing after reading that. Bad fuckin' ass, dude!"

AKA Chris McKittrick

Black w/Flame graphic kit
    1998 Chevy t-top Camaro

Nice kill man, i love hearing the supercharger wine to!

Thread Information