Awaiting Activation

'99 Z28 vs. '96 Monte Carlo Z34

I know i keep posting lousy kills on here such as my kill on a taurus last night but - hell any kill is still fun for me so im gunna post it!

So tonight i raced a friend of mine. He has a '96 Monte Carlo Z34. It has a 3.4 dohc V6 A4. I has 215hp and 220tq so it is no slouch. He has exhaust and a CAI so figure 230hp ish. Hes no dumbass and he knows my car is faster and gives it a lot of respect , but he just wanted to race to see how bad he would do.

We lined up at a light and went for it. I have a 6spd and got a great launch. I pulled hard through 1st and 2nd and then i was just gone. I was a resonable race through 1st and he hung not too far back until i hit second. He did about as well as i expected. Its not a bad car at all for a teenager. His kill list has some of our friends mustangs on it: An old 5.0 and in shorter races a '96 4.6 'stang

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ
    posting lousy kills taurus '96 Monte Carlo Z34
    "lousy" Perfect adjective for these kills.

I don't run BULLSHIT. I won't even run fast cars again if they haven't done any more work to them since the last time I outran them. Or, on the flipside, if I haven't done anything to mine since the last time I was outrun.

You must challenge yourself more. Find a Mustang with Cobra badging, that is a good start. Or maybe SRT anything.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

1966 Corvette Coupe

man its cool i race crap all the time... some times its nice because they know they are beat they just want to see you run... and i bought the car to run it hard...

my kill list include focuses, tiberons, cobras, lt1 zs, some old guy is an ls2 vette (yeah he really wasnt pushing it that hard), ford trucks, broncos, hemi rams, and just about anything i pull up beside that doesnt have flashing blue lights... i personally love racing slow crap... i mean how fun is it when someone in a riced out camry pulls up next to you and lets the coffe cans roar?

play with them a bit.. run off and leave them... slow down.. wait for the ricer fly by... hammer it about 10 feet before they get to you so they will nearly have enough momentum to get you, but not quite and then leave them again...

its about having fun its never been about oh i be a cammed and sprayed blah blah to me...

-me

damn never knew they had the much HP... my 3.8 monte only has 200

Artic White
    2001 Camaro

I think the 3.4 had like 170 or 180 hp.

2000z28
    yeah it is fun to beat a slow car, like for the first couple times but after that its so boring, there has to be a challenge, i would rather drive my car nicely most of the time and when i do beat on it at least i am racing something worthwhile, v8 sport cars are too expensive to fix if they break down as a result of racing all the time especially if ur a college guy like me, but yeah keep having fun and watch for the cops

red
    2000 ss

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman
    I think the 3.4 had like 170 or 180 hp.
    it had 180, i have a 3.1 ls it has 160....
    the 3.8 in 1998 they came out with had 200hp

Awaiting Activation
    its not the 3.4 most of you are thinking of. Its a doch 3.4 V6 and it does have 215hp and 220tq

Thread Information