Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

99 Z28 vs. 03-04 Mach 1

This guy named Jimmy I went to high school with owns a red mach 1 now, and I had been trying to get him to race me for a couple months now. I was cruising through town Sunday afternoon, and he was heading out on a four lane road, so I pulled up beside him about 40 mph, he looks at me, then punches it. I do the same, and by the top of third I had two car lengths on him, I shifted it to fourth and he continued to lose ground. I let off about 100 or so, and he was more than a bus length back. LEFT HIS ASS. I thought those mach 1's ran harder than that?

It was stock though, vs. a modified LS1. Altogether, an UNSATISFYING KILL. Need to race one with a supercharger, especially since the TSP PRC LS6 heads should be arriving any day now to complement the cam!
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

you should have killed him more with your mods, what are his mods actually?

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    you should have killed him more with your mods, what are his mods actually?
    I don't think he has anything done to it. I let off midway through fourth gear, and had a bus length AT LEAST on him. Didn't see the point in punishing him more than necessary.

Torrid Red
    05 GTO

Im thinkin dude didnt know how to drive. I had a Mach and it was a hard car to beat, I got my ass handed to me by a Cobra (understandably), but it should have been closer than that.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Mach 1's are actually pretty damn close to LS1 F-Bodys in terms of performance. I'd still give the edge to the LS1, but it should be close.

Obviously the author has mods, so that tilts the tables a lot

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Would the 4:10 gears have a detrimental effect in 4th gear?

Blue
    04 Mach 1

Machs dyno stock around 275-285. You have 375 at the wheels, i hope that you killed him! About the same a stock ls1. I will run you if you would like, we a re kinda close(in location), you will win with more power, i only dynoed at 316 hp and 340 ftlbs! I out run my buddies ta with simular mods to mine at the track. We have yet to do it from a roll though. Oh and when you get the heads and cam i will hopefully have a 100 or 125 shot of nitrous!

Blue
    04 Mach 1

Oh, i forgot to say good kill, no matter the mods on a car, a kill is still a kill!!!!

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1Mustang
    Machs dyno stock around 275-285. You have 375 at the wheels, i hope that you killed him! About the same a stock ls1. I will run you if you would like, we a re kinda close(in location), you will win with more power, i only dynoed at 316 hp and 340 ftlbs! I out run my buddies ta with simular mods to mine at the track. We have yet to do it from a roll though. Oh and when you get the heads and cam i will hopefully have a 100 or 125 shot of nitrous!
    Let's line 'em up! It is about time I got to run somebody from this site. With all the kills I was racking up, I was hoping one had been to this website before. We can run 'em as is or we can wait till I get my heads put on and you get the nitrous hooked up. Should be a good one either way!

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Deuuuce
    Would the 4:10 gears have a detrimental effect in 4th gear?
    Gears make a big difference. BIG. Not detrimental, more like SUPPLEMENTAL.
    Last edited by Roastem; 06-02-2006 at 04:32 AM.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Jason05GTO
    Im thinkin dude didnt know how to drive. I had a Mach and it was a hard car to beat, I got my ass handed to me by a Cobra (understandably), but it should have been closer than that.
    I got a 100 more WHEEL HP, and it is lighter, with gears? That guy has always owned hot rod Mustangs since we were in high school. He had a Fox body Saleen for a while. That was a nice ride.

Maybe he let off on it when he saw it was useless to continue?
    Last edited by Roastem; 06-02-2006 at 04:45 AM.

Torrid Red
    05 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    I got a 100 more WHEEL HP, and it is lighter, with gears? That guy has always owned hot rod Mustangs since we were in high school. He had a Fox body Saleen for a while. That was a nice ride.

Maybe he let off on it when he saw it was useless to continue?
    I didnt see you had that much more juice than he did, ok its understandable!
    The Cobra I raced had 480 to the rear wheels and it was like I was sitting still when he took off.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I didnt see you had that much more juice than he did, ok its understandable!
    The Cobra I raced had 480 to the rear wheels and it was like I was sitting still when he took off.
    Was it an 03 Cobra?

Torrid Red
    05 GTO

Was it an 03 Cobra?
    Yep, pretty black one. He had a smaller pulley, intake/exhaust, and a custom tune. I talked to him after he smoked me.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Yep, pretty black one. He had a smaller pulley, intake/exhaust, and a custom tune. I talked to him after he smoked me.
    Did he have pillar gauges by any chance, and satin wheels? White guy, about 5'6 or 5'8?

If so, I ran that dude. He had a Steigmeyer ported eaton, pulley, and exhaust. He f*cked his clutch up in third though, so I keep pulling on through the lights.

You need a cam and full exhaust ASAP. Gears would be nice also, something tells me those GTO's need nothing less than 4.10's, if you got a stick. You will have something for his ass next time.

Blue
    04 Mach 1

I am thinking of compeating in a Karate Tournament up that way sometime next month, maybe we can meet up if i decided to compete.
    Like i said, you should beat me, but it will be fun!

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1Mustang
    I am thinking of compeating in a Karate Tournament up that way sometime next month, maybe we can meet up if i decided to compete.
    Like i said, you should beat me, but it will be fun!
    This month, or July? I usually check in to LS1.com every day during the week, so if you decide to come this way, drop me a line a week before and we will set something up. I am itching to run a well modified Mach1.

Torrid Red
    05 GTO

Did he have pillar gauges by any chance, and satin wheels? White guy, about 5'6 or 5'8?

If so, I ran that dude. He had a Steigmeyer ported eaton, pulley, and exhaust. He f*cked his clutch up in third though, so I keep pulling on through the lights.

You need a cam and full exhaust ASAP. Gears would be nice also, something tells me those GTO's need nothing less than 4.10's, if you got a stick. You will have something for his ass next time.
    No, he was a taller black dude. But I have plans for my baby, just waitin on some funds!

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

No, he was a taller black dude. But I have plans for my baby, just waitin on some funds!
    Ain't we all! I ain't gonna lie, my car is a money pit too. It will be worth it everytime you drop the hammer though!
    <----they got that wrong, with 4.10's it is more like a short distance in first, and LOOOONG way in second, and a few feet in third, the first two need to be switched.

Blue
    2005 Corvette Z51

I didn't get a chance ever to race one in my 2000 SS (stock), but I ran one on the interstate from ~60mph in my 2005 C6 Z51 and all I could hear was his engine roar for as he downshifted and I left him like he was chained to the ground! LOL

Thread Information