Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I Just Got Raped!

Brand new black ZO6, no plates... w/the sticker on the window just raped the hell out of me. Talk about being humbled! Was just coming back from the Gateway Mall in Sayreville, when this black ZO6 pulls out of an Exxon station, south-bound, on Route 9. He stepped on it way before he even seen me coming, and I of course hit the throttle to play (didn't know it was a ZO6, yet).

I caught up to him rather quickly... until I seen the badging, then I immediately knew he was purposely waiting for me. He had it in second while he waited for me to line up for the roll (doing aroud 30-40), and all I could do was just smile over at him, laughing to myself. I knew I was going to be toast, but how badly toasted was still yet to be determined....

After realizing I wasn't going to bite, he finally punched it, and I mean punched it. Damn thing left me as if I was driving in reverse, and sounded sooo freaking awesome. I give much respect to that guy, as this was a brand spanking new LS7, and he was POWER shifting that freaking thing! Boy was I in need for such a wake up call...

Let the modding continue...

1981 g-Body

Damn! sucks to be you.
    Oh wait, i wouldn't of done any better.

Quote Originally Posted by x-40oz-x
    Damn! sucks to be you.
    Oh wait, i wouldn't of done any better.
    Hehe, I look forward to these types of nights. Gives me an excuse to make more mods, while not having to hear it from my wife, cost wise... especially w/her being in the car when it happened!

NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

You have nothing to be ashamed of.

Black
    01 ws6

Hey cool at least you try. I wonder if vette drivers think of us like we think of import drivers. I don't lose many races around here. Great story go win a few it's good for the heart...

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I saw a new vette last night and saw cr5 badges on his back fenders and thought better of the situation. (Next time I see him I am going to politely ask for my manhood back)

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Nice death. That LS7 in a car that is 300 to 400 lbs lighter than yours is definitely a mismatch. Slap an H/C package with gears on that car and lose some dead weight, then see what happens.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by specialized.1
    Hey cool at least you try. I wonder if vette drivers think of us like we think of import drivers. I don't lose many races around here. Great story go win a few it's good for the heart...
    That's just what a stock vette owner would need to do is underestimate my Z. He would be seeing nothing but a pewter ass disappearing.

Black
    94 Supra Turbo

Valiant Death! Sometimes you just have to try. Just reading your story, now makes me wonder if the C6 Z06 that I ran, felt the same way you did.

567rwhp@16 psi, 777rwhp@26 psi, 825rwhp@28 psi
    Justin Nenni Tuned

No shame losing to that car!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Can't wait till those LS7's go down in price...

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SupraSonic
    Valiant Death! Sometimes you just have to try. Just reading your story, now makes me wonder if the C6 Z06 that I ran, felt the same way you did.
    Oh, so they can be beat by a ricewagon? And you beat one? You lucky ricer you. I wish I was a ricer. I used to love Uncle Ben's growing up, I think I would fit right in.

That is a nice Supra, but we need proof.

Black
    94 Supra Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    Oh, so they can be beat by a ricewagon? And you beat one? You lucky ricer you. I wish I was a ricer. I used to love Uncle Ben's growing up, I think I would fit right in.

That is a nice Supra, but we need proof.
    Thanks!

Only proof I can give is my word and my passenger (wish I had a video, cause we ran 3 times). Sorry!

It was only by chance that we ran into the LS7. My passenger works for Vortech here in Oxnard, CA and the only reason why he was in my car was he wanted to know if I was worthy enough to run him in his litre bike (I guess I was). The run with the LS7 was on CA piss pump 91, so I was only around 567rwhp.

With the race coming up with the litre bike, I will be on race gas, so only 725rwhp. In my mind, I don't think it'll be enough to beat him, which I think I need around 850rwhp to 900rwhp! The single turbo I run is capable of producing the rwhp, but my 720cc injectors cannot flow it. But like the guy who started this post, I gotta give it a shot and if I lose, I lose.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SupraSonic
    Thanks!

Only proof I can give is my word and my passenger (wish I had a video, cause we ran 3 times). Sorry!

It was only by chance that we ran into the LS7. My passenger works for Vortech here in Oxnard, CA and the only reason why he was in my car was he wanted to know if I was worthy enough to run him in his litre bike (I guess I was). The run with the LS7 was on CA piss pump 91, so I was only around 567rwhp.

With the race coming up with the litre bike, I will be on race gas, so only 725rwhp. In my mind, I don't think it'll be enough to beat him, which I think I need around 850rwhp to 900rwhp! The single turbo I run is capable of producing the rwhp, but my 720cc injectors cannot flow it. But like the guy who started this post, I gotta give it a shot and if I lose, I lose.
    I know we give ricer's a hard time, but truth be known, we would all love to have a 500 plus rwhp ANYTHING!

Black
    2002 Camaro Z-28

Hey if you raced a brand spanking new LS7 then shouldnt he have not raced you considering when you buy it from the dealership new you have to take it easy and put on those 1,000 break in miles??

Just throwin it out there....

Black
    94 Supra Turbo

^^^Don't know how many miles he had. But I am thinking of getting a black used LS7 and adding to my garage (no need for break in there), well at least if the wife unit will let me and also will have to wait for the price to go down a little bit. Those LS7's are one bad ass mutha and if I do get one in my stable, I am definitely throwing a big single in there! Of course I will need to get all the supporting mods!

Black
    94 Supra Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    I know we give ricer's a hard time, but truth be known, we would all love to have a 500 plus rwhp ANYTHING!
    No prob! The group I go canyon carving with hate the ricer's probably as much and if not more than the LS1 guys. Our cars range from my supra, a cobra, an M3 and a NSX, we need to add an LS1 to the group. I'd love to post a pick on one of our canyon runs, but I don't have enough posts to do so. Were pretty much enthusiasts and don't mind what you roll in. But one requirement, you gotta love BEER! j/k Even if you don't drink, everyone is still welcome to join us!

Black
    94 Supra Turbo

I reached my 5 posts. Here's a pic!

Black
    99 SS

i like supras

seen one just like yours here run a dayum 10.2 one day then drive home like it was nothing, amazing cars if u ask me

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Damn nice collection of cars. Damn, those NSX's are classics man. They still look good, to this day. That Supra with 500 plus to the wheels is looking pretty damn good too. Didn't you say you were gonna "give" that Supra to me for cheap, and get an LS7, or was I seeing things?

Thread Information