Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuuuce
    Good one! Not as overdone w/ tacky add-on's like a WS6, but close....and t-tops are not available, either.
    ha ha

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    when i drove it, it felt slow to me, but i have not had a stock F bod it a while. im not a fan of 4 doors, and i felt like i was so small in the big car and im a big guy 6'1" 230. just didnt feel right to me for a sports car, i have no doubts its fast.

but imagine if it was a 2 door
    It is a huge car. But great for a daily driver, roomy, and I needed a 4door for work. Personally I can't wait for the Challenger, either.

Black
    99 SS

true for a "work car" but for my daily i like the 2 door, and if i need to put shit in a car i just trade my mom for her SUV of dad for his truck

i hope the challenger is affordable so that everyone can buy it.

hope its not 40k for one

I like the looks as well, seems bigger than the 70's style but it is selling....

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    true for a "work car" but for my daily i like the 2 door, and if i need to put shit in a car i just trade my mom for her SUV of dad for his truck

i hope the challenger is affordable so that everyone can buy it.

hope its not 40k for one
    I'm guessing it probably will be, unfortunately. If history holds true, the SRT-8s start in the high 30s and so it will too. And the Challenger SRT-8 will have limited production volume as well which won't help. Oh well.

blue
    2004 GTO

First good kill, it always feels good to win.

However, racing LS1's probably isnt a good judgement of how fast an SRT-8 is seeing you have a 70 horsepower advantage (420HP vs 350HP-LS1 GTO reference)to make up for weight. So you should probably race an LS2 powered corvette or GTO to get a better feel.

But the SRT-8 is very nice, and looks great. But for 45,000 that's kinda steep, at least for me. But with an extra 15,000 dollars a LS1 would blow an SRT-8 away. I wanted to race those HEMI 300C's and Chargers but just havent had a chance. Oh well, the cam, exhaust and tune will happen in 2 weeks so they lost their chance to catch me slipping.

Nice car once again.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Compared to what? If you want to make generalizations, I could say the exact same thing about F-bodies.

Let's see - runs low 13s w/ traps in the 108-110 range, .9 on the skidpad, 245/255 Goodyear F1s, handles as good as any mid/large 4door (faster than a STS-V and .1 sec and 1.5sec behind a CLS55 and M5 at Grattan, both 12sec cars), 1:58 at Laguna, stock, 170mph top end.

Oh, 245 F1s front, 255s rear. Yeah, pizza cutters, sure.

It's big, it's bulky, but is sure isn't slow.

chillout troll boy. It's gonna be hard telling avid f-bod lovers that some sedan is better looking than a ws.6

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    Click for full size

chillout troll boy. It's gonna be hard telling avid f-bod lovers that some sedan is better looking than a ws.6
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Not trying to convince anyone, just responding to an insult.
    Last edited by Deuuuce; 05-30-2006 at 07:24 PM.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by blue04gto
    First good kill, it always feels good to win.

However, racing LS1's probably isnt a good judgement of how fast an SRT-8 is seeing you have a 70 horsepower advantage (420HP vs 350HP-LS1 GTO reference)to make up for weight. So you should probably race an LS2 powered corvette or GTO to get a better feel.

But the SRT-8 is very nice, and looks great. But for 45,000 that's kinda steep, at least for me. But with an extra 15,000 dollars a LS1 would blow an SRT-8 away. I wanted to race those HEMI 300C's and Chargers but just havent had a chance. Oh well, the cam, exhaust and tune will happen in 2 weeks so they lost their chance to catch me slipping.

Nice car once again.
    I greatly appreciate it, thanks! I agree somewhat. The Charger forum had a hot debate about LS-1s actually making closer to 370-385hp and some running 12s stock. Either way not many are stock and I'm always up for a race. I think a C5 6spd would be the closest race and there is a big rivalry w/ the GTOs.

Fully loaded at $43.5 makes a pretty nice, luxurious car but no question, $15k on ANY car takes it into the 12s or faster. Mine just happens to have a serious weight penalty which means it will always have that disadvantage.

And needing a 4door, thank goodness I didn't get an Evo or STi, right?!!??

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

which if it doesn't stop from both sides, will get locked. personally, i liked your WS6 comeback. that was a good one.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

blue
    2004 GTO

if stock, ls1's won't win against a stock srt8, that's just fact. Their has been some, mainly f-bodies that dyno around 320-325 to the wheels.

its good tho that you didnt choose a sti or evo, just not as nice IMO.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I want to throw my 2cents in. I looked at the SRT8 and the GTO and I thought that the GTO looked like an Accord with wheels that were way too small for the side of the car. I fell in love withthe SRT*, but the down payment I would have made on it paid for a WS6 and have a very nice, fast car. It gets the same gas mileage and you can't tell the difference in HP. I am happy. Now if only I could get a LS6 in there.....I got 321 to the wheels with 338 ft lbs. It'll do for now.
    Last edited by az gt eater; 05-31-2006 at 09:38 PM.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Good kill. Given your significant power advantage i'm not at all surprised by the outcome. Just don't think that all cars are stock cause they sound stock, cause you might be in for a run

Keep the kills coming.
    2001 T/A WS6 M6
    LS6 Cam/Springs, Lid, SLP Pulley, Magnaflow Catback, TBCB, Richmond 4.10 gearing, Panhard Rod, Strut Tower Brace, Low Control Arms, Lou Thesz Short Stick
    Dyno 351rwhp/341rwtq, and tuned by RacePrep via HP Tuners.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    Sweet...hopefully i'll see one going my direction one of these days
    +1

I can't wait either.
    Last edited by Roastem; 06-01-2006 at 04:50 AM.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Good one! Not as overdone w/ tacky add-on's like a WS6, but close....and t-tops are not available, either.
    I like the SRT-8, I think it looks badass. I like the WS6 too, that thing is wicked also. The new Challenger is sweeter than them both, but not sweeter than the new Camaro!

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Bob'sWS6
    Good kill. Given your significant power advantage i'm not at all surprised by the outcome. Just don't think that all cars are stock cause they sound stock, cause you might be in for a run

Keep the kills coming.
    Hey Bob, from your mods list and mine, I think we got something for that SRT-8's ass.

blue
    2004 GTO

Whatever you like is what you like. Personally the newer f-bodies from 93-on aren't visually appealing to me and lack style because its just a pointed front end with a round back, and the interior in all f-bodies are disappointing as well but that's just my opinion. Apparently both f-bodies and GTO's aren't that appealing or they would still be making them. But just about any car can be saved with aftermarket products to change the look and make it your own. It's just if you are willing to have the manufacturer do it, and that's why the SRT-8 costs so damn much, but looks bitchin.

But do you really think a GTO looks like an accord? not even close. And the interor is immaculate compared to any f-body. I do agree that the wheel wells don't accomadate for wider wheels. a few pics are attached to show some good GTO pics. The blue one is mine, but the camera sucks so its kinda blury.

Looks good with the blue seats/interior.

Do you have the blue gauges as well?
    Last edited by Black GT; 06-01-2006 at 04:41 PM.
    2006 GT, 5-Speed

blue
    2004 GTO

yep got the blue gauges, and it also has blue suede inserts on the doors and blue stitching on the steering wheel and shifter boot to match.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

The blue on blue was what I wanted. Too bad it has a damn IRS, that is gonna make gear changes ugly and expensive.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information