Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    aegolder

Water on floor, 98 Z28, Please Help!!!

I woke up the other morning and found about a half inch of water on the floor behind the front passenger seat where the rear floormat sits in place. The carpet was completely soaked and there was standing water there, it appeared to be pure water, no coolant or anything. The water was only in this one spot, and no where else, anyone have any ideas what could have caused this? Also it did rain the night before, but everything else was dry, it did not appear to be a leaking t-top. Thanks in advance for any help.

check the window weather stripping and how tight that seals..........for what it is worth

Black
    2002 Camaro SS (crashed)

check the heater core. I had the same problem and thats what it was.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Take a water hose and run all og=ver aroung the windshield,t-top, and under the hood around the cowl and get someone to watch while you do it.

1999 Camaro SS #24
    98 Corvette-99 Camaro SS

Make sure you're not in New Orleans... sorry that was in bad taste... sounds like a sail panel/ t-top leak they can run down behind the plastic trim and soak into the carpet.
    -Will

'99 Camaro SS SLP#24 -- Not as Slow and Still As Pretty

aegolder
    Thanks for the feedback guys!! I will check into what you suggested.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Hopefully it will work for you.

MrMiracle
    Open the passenger side door and do a quick counter-clockwise donut. That's what I did after the Allison 01' flood.

Cappin_Stabbin
    were your rear windows open? This happened to me once, and the cause was the rear windows were down. The reason I left them down, was me and my buddies got loaded on malt liquor and started burning things in my back seat (paper, wood, rubber bands, small animals, etc.). The smell was horrible, so I left my windows down, and my buddy jerry, (who was not invited to our pyro party) stopped by and pissed all over my back seat, out of spite. Then it rained.

If your rear windows were down, someone might have pissed in it before it rained. You might want to investigate this further.

PEWTER
    2001 Z28

You may not be able to tell if the T-top seals leak by looking. Take it to a car wash and watch closely. If they leak, buy some plumber's silicone grease and grease 'em up.

aegolder
    Quote Originally Posted by Cappin_Stabbin
    were your rear windows open? This happened to me once, and the cause was the rear windows were down. The reason I left them down, was me and my buddies got loaded on malt liquor and started burning things in my back seat (paper, wood, rubber bands, small animals, etc.). The smell was horrible, so I left my windows down, and my buddy jerry, (who was not invited to our pyro party) stopped by and pissed all over my back seat, out of spite. Then it rained.

If your rear windows were down, someone might have pissed in it before it rained. You might want to investigate this further.

Thats pretty funny...but my car doesnt have rear windows

Cappin_Stabbin
    Quote Originally Posted by aegolder
    Thats pretty funny...but my car doesnt have rear windows
    what about the front ones?

aegolder
    Quote Originally Posted by '99 SLP#24
    Make sure you're not in New Orleans... sorry that was in bad taste... sounds like a sail panel/ t-top leak they can run down behind the plastic trim and soak into the carpet.
    It's been raining again for 2 days here in MD and again my passenger side rear floor is flooded again, I scooped out 2.5 buckets of water out of my car...I did notice that the t-tops were leaking so I placed a bucket there to catch the water last night, this morning the floor was flooded again-so my question is, where is this sail panel and what can I do to fix/stop the leak?

aegolder
    bump

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

The sail panel is the panel between the t-tops and the back window-you must have a seal missing or the drain for the t-top must be clogged.The t-tops drain down the sail panel-if you remove the t-tops you can see where the water is supposed to drain down the sides of the car.See if something isn't plugging this up.

Modding is an Addiction bww3588's Avatar
    put your t top back in at night. and roll your windows up. cuss profusely at the clouds, have a beer, and cuss some more. if nothing else youll feel better about your sitiuation.

2006 TrailBlazer SS

I get a leak on my drivers side floor...Can't find were its comming from either...I looked for a car without t-tops so I wouldn't have this problem....welcome to the wet f-body club...WTF

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

go through a car wash and see where it's coming from....not a high pressure one though

aegolder
    Found it!!! It was coming in from the weather strip at the bottom of the passenger door. If you pull up the carpet there is a rubber plug in the floorboard that allows water to drain that pools there, while watching the drain I ran a water hose on top of the car and saw where the water was pouring in.

Pearl White
    2000 Trans Am

can you take a pictue where that is located? Thanks

Thread Information