Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Mustang GT

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by onehotcavalier
    I had an 01 cobra (same engine as the Mach 1)with exhaust, CAI, MAF, short-throw that I would occasionaly beat a stock c5 with. It would consistently beat any stock Lt1, vette, maro or firebird. It wouldn't even be close to the stock c6 that I own now. It sure was fun to drive though. Even with having the vette, I do miss that car!
    I liked my '01 too. Don't think it would take the Z though.

Quote Originally Posted by STANDSPEED
    is all good......but i don't like ricerocket's i now there fast but is not for me i'm a american mucle car fan........:firedevil............. and i'm from a car club call '' wicked heratige'' why we call it like that because where briging back the legends of the oldschool american mucle car's. we don't like import's is only mustang's / camaro's / gto's / trans am - fire birds/ you name it. so that why
    well i hope while youre bringin back the legends you change your window decals to "heritage" instead of "heratige"

sorry, couldnt resist

wicked heritage

BLACK
    2006 FORD V6 MUSTANG

is all good whitelightnin99

The Rookie
    my cousin has an 05 Mustang GT that he paid 32 and some change for. He has no cats and a magnaflow exahaust with custom X pipe. He also has an intake system, I believe its a K&N, but not positive. Here is his car running 278 rwhp on the Dyno.
    http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...noDaySteve.flv

I have raced him from a dig many times. He beats me almost every time out of the hole. He uses traction control and I suck out of the hole because it is not my daily driver. By second I catch him and at that point it isn't even a race. He will not race me on the highway. He always says, "you'll rape me on the highway!" He has driven my car many times.
    He is about to put on headers and get a tune, so our cars should be, mods wise, pretty close. We're going to race again to see how well his car responds to the new mods. I'll let you know.
    Last edited by The Rookie; 06-13-2006 at 03:22 PM.

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

You can compare mustangs and camaros (trans ams) all day long, every single day for the rest of your life, but its all just talk.

The fact is that the LT1/LS1 beat the 5.0 and 4.6 (z28 or trans am vs. G.T.) from the years of 93 till 02. But cost a little more money.

When you start with the after market mods, its no longer a ford/GM car any more, because you have changed it from factory specs.

I can take a 500$ 1969 POS and drop 10 grand into it and beat all the G.T. cars or LSX cars. And still have spent less money.

Its all about your personal preferance. I like the 87-93 5.0 better than the 83-92 z28 or T/A, but I like th 93-2002 F body cars better than the 94-2004 stangs. Thats just my opinion. They are both great American cars.

It comes down to what you like to roll in.

One more thing, On the Ford guys side, Camaro/ Trans Ams went bye bye due to lack of sales. The new Mustangs are selling like crack!!

I still pray for a comeback model (under 30k, maybe a ls2 !!oh yeah!! with a good rear end this time, none of this 7.5 inch crap) one day?!!!

Red
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Ya dude, either way, Mustangs suck.

Lemans Blue
    06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by romulo13
    Ya dude, either way, Mustangs suck.
    Too bad I just got rid of my mustang, since we both live in Houston...

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt
    Im gonna agree with stock 05+ mustangs are an embarrasment. Barely faster than old stangs with more HP.
    I would smoke a previous generation GT. Already have.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by FuxOnTheFirstDate
    I thought the new '05+ GTs ran 0-60 in 5 flat? I keep hearing everywhere that they are running stock LS1 times now.
    In the real world, yes. You are right. These guys either know guys with 05 GTs that are first time drivers or something because I witness things in a totally different light. Of Course a 350+RWHP Camaro will beat a stock 05/06 GT. I've raced an SS and driven a Z28 and these guys are trippin. I'd love to meet any one of them at the track with similar mods.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by LS666
    I don't know about the street or running from a roll or whatever. Go to the track for a day and watch. Stock Stang GTs are MID 14 SECOND CARS.

This dude is trippin unless he means high altitude times.
    LS1 with a few mods will bust high twelves on a good day. Mine will run low 12s with a cam and exaust. My friend's LT1 TA would turn high 13s STOCK. Does all depend on weather, temp, humidity etc etc, but for the most part a stock GT is good for 14s.
    A stock LT1 will get owned by this 05 GT, PERIOD. Your friend sounds like a good driver. I've seen stock 05/06's run anywhere from 13.4 to 15's at sea level. Different drivers do different times.
    Yes, Ls1's will run those times with a cam and exhaust, but the Mustang GT will also bust into the 12's with a few mods. I'm about to bust into the 13's at 5800 feet where the times are about 1.1 seconds slower than sea level. My friends don't believe I can do it.
    They didn't believe I would break deep into the 14's stock at my track because is brutal. One of my friends had a modded LT1 that couldn't get into the 14's out here and so he believe I couldn't. I ran a 14.6 with head winds. The head winds where so strong along with the high altittude, that an 05 GTO only could run a 15.0 on this same day. Vettes where in the 13's. the Camaros where right there with me in the 14's.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 06-16-2006 at 03:40 AM.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by illcul8troffcr
    You know I agree with you to a point that everyone exaggerates their "kills" and races on here but be realistic its a testosterone man driven website put together to stroke egos about each one of us having the fastest car in the world .. even though its not .. we love our cars and to each of us its the best.

But with that being said .. These videos are poorly done .. at night .. cant hardly see wtf is going on in them so really it doesnt back up much at all about whose faster. Races I like to see are those on a track side by side .. daylight.. time slips .. no bullshit about anything because its documented and its exactly the same circumstances.

My car looks damn good, its faster than most cars I drive by on a daily basis, and the audio visual system sounds amazing. These are all of the things I want in my car personally. Girls love it. I love it. I love girls in it while they love it ..

Mustangs will always be the our arch rivals as camaro drivers and vice versa. We all have different tastes and preferences. But whats really important is we all like American Muscle... Fast cars... Fine women .. and none of us are ... so cant we all just get along haha
    Yes, we can get along as far as I'm concerned. I love Camaros. Look at my username. I will more than likely have the 2007 version in my garage one day. I just have to expose the B.S., that's all. I don't downplay any Chevy or Mopar or anything like that because I love the big three.

AKA Chris McKittrick

Black w/Flame graphic kit
    1998 Chevy t-top Camaro

I roasted one in my maro a few nights ago, it was an old guy and some kids, the kid yelled out that my car is slow, so we both punched it from 55 and im not even goin to tell the rest of the story cause i dont want to imbarass mustanks that much, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    I would smoke a previous generation GT. Already have.
    and your point is????? WOW so you beat a car, whooptie freaking do.

You would smoke a stock one, maybe. Other than that, all bets are off.

Lemans Blue
    06 Corvette

uh oh! Blueoval bitch fight on a chevy board

sounds like 1999 again with the sn95 and new edge mustabgs at eachother's throats, lol

I'll jump in! My previous generation mustang I just sold would have beaten you stock, camarofan.

93 z28 m6

Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    A stock LT1 will get owned by this 05 GT, PERIOD. .
    ya think? They put down crap on the dyno stock. You would get owned by a full bolt on lt1 with a good driver i would put money on that.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 1loudz28
    ya think? They put down crap on the dyno stock. You would get owned by a full bolt on lt1 with a good driver i would put money on that.
    He did say "STOCK."

Just a little note

I have owned 2 z28's and now have an 06 Gt and I love both cars and will more than likely own a 2009 Camaro....

Raced a guy in a 99 Camaro ls1 (5 times today) he had exhaust work done and he was driving an automatic. The first 4 races were from a 20mph roll and results were identical each time, I pulled him real hard on the bottom and not so hard on the top. When I reached approx 100mph I was no less than 3 cars ahead. Last race we went from a dig and he got me on the jump (3 honk tecnique with him honking) but I reeled him in before redlining in 1st and then it was basically the same as the other races. We talked for a while after we did all the racing and he stated he was pretty surprised by the results. I told him if I were stock he would have walked away from me, which is probably right. Anyway I had to pay a few $$$ to wake up my stang, that is what it will take for any new stang owner who wants to fool around with ls1's. I miss my Z28 and I am anxiously awaiting the 2009 Camaro's.

Happy racing everyone!
    2006 Torch Red GT 5sp
    Mac axle back exhaust
    Steeda underdrive pulley's
    shorty headers
    93 octane Diablo tune
    C&L intake system
    4.10 final drive
    255/50/17's
    PH aluminum driveshaft
    Pypes offroad H pipe (removed due to noise)

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by 1loudz28 View Post
    I would agree if a stock stang went against a full bolt on Lt1. Now a full bolt on Stang. Not happenin. I'd put down even more money on that.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by onehotcavalier View Post
    uh oh! Blueoval bitch fight on a chevy board

sounds like 1999 again with the sn95 and new edge mustabgs at eachother's throats, lol

I'll jump in! My previous generation mustang I just sold would have beaten you stock, camarofan.
    I've killed so many previous generationg stangs that your statement is hard to believe. It had to be a previous generation Cobra or something. Even if it was, you would probably win some and lose some.

Lemans Blue
    06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan View Post
    I've killed so many previous generationg stangs that your statement is hard to believe. It had to be a previous generation Cobra or something. Even if it was, you would probably win some and lose some.
    It was a Cobra :-) 13.4@106 with CAI, MAF, X-Pipe, Last time I ran it at the track. Bad 60' with stock tires. I didn't have any 05 GT's beat me on the street before I traded it in.
    Last edited by onehotcavalier; 06-29-2006 at 12:08 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information