Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by silverTA2002

Down low, the lightning has a traction problem.

Up top, they have an aerodynamics issue.

I agree with the up top comment....but if properly launched a Lightning is serious trouble out of the hole

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I've always witnessed them being ass whoopin machines out of the hole

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz

yes, they easily make insane gobs of torque

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz
    +1

500 plus ft-lbs of torque can launch a damn freight train out of the hole hard. A lightning with nitrous is real nasty.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Did I really read supercharged????WTF???

pewter and black
    01 TA and 01 Lightning

well, just ran the TA...stock except for an airlid and k&n filter....

Went from about 55-60 mph up to around 90. When I heard it downshift, I went. She got the initial jump, but I pulled her back to my flareside. She sat there till the top of second, and she pulled back to the driver's door. My windows were down (big deal) but I had the 20s on instead of the 18s with 35 profile tires. Supprisingly fast for stock...but between weight and areodynamics, she must have had about 100 hp on me...By far the best matched race I've had since I've had the truck....

Mods on the truck are: 4# lower (about 10-11 lbs of boost), long tubes to dynomax ultra flos, "ported" plenum, "ram air" box with k&n cone, and a boost cooler setup. Weighing in at about 5000 lbs with me and a half tank of gas, I don't think this is too bad for the TA's bread and butter spot.

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Ls1vsSVT

Went from about 55-60 mph up to around 90. When I heard it downshift, I went. She got the initial jump, but I pulled her back to my flareside. She sat there till the top of second, and she pulled back to the driver's door. My windows were down (big deal) but I had the 20s on instead of the 18s with 35 profile tires. Supprisingly fast for stock...but between weight and areodynamics, she must have had about 100 hp on me...By far the best matched race I've had since I've had the truck....

Mods on the truck are: 4# lower (about 10-11 lbs of boost), long tubes to dynomax ultra flos, "ported" plenum, "ram air" box with k&n cone, and a boost cooler setup. Weighing in at about 5000 lbs with me and a half tank of gas, I don't think this is too bad for the TA's bread and butter spot.

Good run...but now put it in the L's sweet spot aka a dig and watch them trying to play catch up

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

to add to this I love when someone trys to jump out me on the highway and I am just sitting beside them while they are flooring it and im just looking at them smiling in my pick'em up truck

pewter and black
    01 TA and 01 Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!!
    to add to this I love when someone trys to jump out me on the highway and I am just sitting beside them while they are flooring it and im just looking at them smiling in my pick'em up truck

this is true...and from a dig...there would be a lot of room for her to make up by 50 mph...I figure if I can out run her from her sweet spot, then I've got her from a dig easy....

Good run though...suprisingly fast cars...maybe its time for her to play with a 50 shot...I wouldn't stand a chance

Kent

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

this is true...and from a dig...there would be a lot of room for her to make up by 50 mph...I figure if I can out run her from her sweet spot, then I've got her from a dig easy....

Good run though...suprisingly fast cars...maybe its time for her to play with a 50 shot...I wouldn't stand a chance

Kent

hint:...a 50 shot on a L acts like a 100 shot on a N/A vehicle

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

there would be a lot of room for her to make up by 50 mph...

Kent

My truck with basically ur mods and my nice tune gets to 80 sick ass quick ...only after 80 do u feel my silver bullet start to slow up a slight bit

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Nice run but why did you stop at 90 from a 60 roll...that's like a 2 second run. Over 100 is where the ls1 really pulls hard and with it's weight and aerdynamics advantage would have walked you IMO. Just thought i'd throw a excuse in there since you threw a few in yourself

pewter and black
    01 TA and 01 Lightning

no excuses...my only excuse was the windows being down which I followed with a *(big deal)*....We stopped at around 90 due to traffic and the last thing i need is 8 points on my 'ol license...

a fun jount on the street is acceptable...being an idiot in traffic is not. On a track, a stock ls1 wouldn't have enough in it to pull back what I get off the launch...but still a quick car.

kent

pewter and black
    01 TA and 01 Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!!
    hint:...a 50 shot on a L acts like a 100 shot on a N/A vehicle

a 50 shot on heads that flow like a motherfuc*er acts like a 100 shot as well....don't forget that the ls1s are nitrous motors...no matter what anyone says.

just raw.

Kent

red
    00 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Bob'sWS6
    I've smoked two of them. Neither of the races were that close. People just don't understand that aerodynamics play a factor in drag racing.
    I dont think its the aerodynamics, Its the Hp to weight ratio.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by sscrazy
    I dont think its the aerodynamics, Its the Hp to weight ratio.
    both play a major factor.

pewter and black
    01 TA and 01 Lightning

absolutely...both play a factor...that is why us L guys take such pride in keeping up with even a stock car like an ls1...they are quick from the factory. Like I tell everyone...even if i don't win, i didn't really start off with anything to lose...

its a truck. its not supposed to be fast, right?

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

absolutely...both play a factor...that is why us L guys take such pride in keeping up with even a stock car like an ls1...they are quick from the factory. Like I tell everyone...even if i don't win, i didn't really start off with anything to lose...

its a truck. its not supposed to be fast, right?

Thread Information