Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    Thanks for the diagrams !

Question for all you guys running amp and sub with your monsoon. For the line level converter inputs, did you t into the speaker wires at the factory woofer 'after' the monsoon amp ? Or did you take signal from the inputs 'before' the monsoon amp?

I spliced into the wires just below the factory woofer which would already be amp'd by the monsoon and it sounds horrible. Basically no sound and just a little vibration bass and it makes my amp clip

Also my line level converter has 4 inputs. Should I wire both ? Or just use 2 since I have just 1 sub?
    I used the connection at the sail panel sub wire, after the amp. Then used a line level conversion kit to input it, and I have no issues. Except for rattling taillight area, and I do not want to add any more weight to the car, like dynamat.

SOM
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    I used the connection at the sail panel sub wire, after the amp. Then used a line level conversion kit to input it, and I have no issues. Except for rattling taillight area, and I do not want to add any more weight to the car, like dynamat.
    I did the same thing. if youre talking about the woofer beside the rear seat thats where I got my signal from. I believe its already amplified and I am wondering if I should take a non amp'd output before the monsoon. I started a few other posts about my problems it definitely isnt my line converter. I beieve I have a bad voice coil and either my amp doesnt want to run 2 ohms (kicker zx400.1) or the dual voice coil sub had already had a fried voice coil (bought it used). OR I wired my connections wrong initially and burnt the coil myself... I dunno.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Well I don't know how to troubleshoot that over the message board like this, but you could try putting a speaker where the sub used to be and see if it works ok. That way you could see if the monsoon amp output is fried?

SOM
    2002 SS

My input is actually fine the amp plays it's just when I try to run it in 2 ohms it clips. Ya let's Leave this out of this post I was more curious where you got your input from and if it works fine

Pewter
    99 z28

I want to just replace my factory headunit and speakers with something a little more louder. Without upgrading from the monsoon amp. I just want to replace the front 6x5s and rear 6x9s with something. Any suggestions?? and whats the wattage on speakers that I should be looking at?? somewhere between 200-300??

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by DVrec21 View Post
    I want to just replace my factory headunit and speakers with something a little more louder. Without upgrading from the monsoon amp. I just want to replace the front 6x5s and rear 6x9s with something. Any suggestions?? and whats the wattage on speakers that I should be looking at?? somewhere between 200-300??
    you have a lot of reading up to do-try this thread; http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29204

Black
    2002 Camaro

Monsoon

while most schematics for the monsoon make sense, none show power lines?
    I ripped a wiring harness and monsoon out of a wrecked camaro but have an aftermarket Kenwood 8120 digital w/Nav system. So, while a step ahead in one area a step behind in another.

Only other question is how is the AGC for the road noise adjustment handled with the Monsoon? Is the gain increased at the HU - I assume it would be as that is where the gain increase would be w/o the Monsoon.

Thanks.

Black
    2000 WS6

For me, I am going to keep the factory look but, I will upgrade the speakers and amps in the car.
    Any recomendations?
    Be who you are and say what you feel 'cause people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind.'
    -Nowhereman

Black
    2001 Tans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 00hawk109 View Post
    So I am putting an aftermarket deck in my trans am, and I currently have a monsoon single disc cd player. Right now I have 2 wiring plugs and the antenna plug in the back of my monsoon. I bought an aftermarket harness for the one plug, but I dont know what the other smaller plug is for. Anyone know?
    I am also trying to find out what the smaller of the two plugs is for. Anyone know?

Black
    2001 Tans Am

After doing some research the smaller of the two plugs is for the optional Monsoon CD changer, the other end of the plug can be found taped to the speaker wire harness on the driver's side rear hatch speaker

Bright Metallic Blue A4
    1999 WS9

Quote Originally Posted by lonewulf View Post
    After doing some research the smaller of the two plugs is for the optional Monsoon CD changer, the other end of the plug can be found taped to the speaker wire harness on the driver's side rear hatch speaker
    You didn't happen to stumble onto a wiring diagram for that CD changer plug did you? I'd like to input an MP3 player from there if I knew what the pinouts were.
    I was here before the server crashed.

black
    1969 Ford

I have a Monsoon model 09377052 amplifier. Where can I find a wiring diagram for the 32-pin plug? As in, which pin(s) are for power, ground, input and output etc.?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information