Silver
    1997 Corvette

99 Z28 LS1 V surperchargered 94 T/A

Ok this took place at the track in the UK.

Unlike you guys this is the first time I have raced another 4th gen f/body in the 3 years I've owned them and I go racing 3 or 4 times a year. Cause there's only about 400 or so 4th gen cars over here they don't all drag race.

The car I raced featured in an American Car World magazine so I have all the spec on it. A Vortech V2 surpercharger, Edelbrock T/body, SLP headers, transpac, 3.23's 50 shot nitrous kit( not working)

I get to the front of the staging lane and Ducan who drives the 94 Black Trans Am is in front of me waiting to go, so I motion to the girl sending the cars to the line that we would like to race each other after I tapped on Duncans window to see if he was up for it.

So we go to the line both do good burnouts and we stage. I hit it on the Amber and holeshot Ducan off the line and the whole race I can't see where he is I know he's not in front so he must be just in the blind spot over my left shoulder.

I thinking any second now he's gonna come by me but know I get to the line first. I get the timing ticket and it was a close race my 13.37@100.83mph to his 13.45@103.29 but reaction time did it my .275 to his .421 and winner by .223 seconds. About a cars length I suppose.

Now in the magazine artical thay are claiming 420hp for the V2 setup plus he has a 50 shot of Nitrous claiming a total of 480hp which I think must a bit optomistic as I am stock with a TCI3000 and 2.73's. He has run a 12.9 with the nitrous working, but we both had trouble with our Nitrous set ups so this was on motor.

Not a bad kill I would say!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

did he spin alot after you took off?
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

Awaiting Activation
    yeah did he spin a ton off the line or what? Cause he must have to run a 13.45 with a V2 setup. I don't know the exact numbers but a V2 LT1 should run 12.5 no problem. I know traction can be a problem - but 13.45?

Silver
    1997 Corvette

No I got a dead hook every run and so did he our 60ft times were almost the same mine 1.94 and his 1.97. The track was prepped for 8 second cars so grip was excellent.

I have seen the car race for a couple of years now with this setup and 13.4 is the best I seen him run.

Although he is running in the UK street racers series this year and has a 12.9 with his 50 shot of nitrous working from the first round of SRS1.

I have my timing ticket and it confirms that was his best run as the times are published on the UK street racers MB.

I also have a video of him running 13.48 against a Ford Lightning as I gave my camera to a freind of mine who did the vid because he's just bought a Lightning. I don't have video of this race as my buddy went walk about and gave me back my camera.

I was suprised to win, it just shows that you can spend a lot of money on a car but if it's not setup right it aint worth a diddly squat!

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

There's something seriously wrong if all those mods only gain him a half second, but a 50 shot of nitrous gains him another half a second. . .blown, tb, headers, gears and a 13.4 - but a mere 50 shot more 12.9? Drunk apes with their heads up each other's asses built that car

NBM
    '00 Z28

Is the Camaro in your avatar your '99 you have listed in your signature block? The pic looks like a '93-'97 with headlight covers.

nice kill.

Silver
    1997 Corvette

Good spot that is my previous car a 95 Z28 Camaro LT1 with headlight covers.

It just that it's a good pic and it's what I do with the car and my LS1 has only just had it's first trip to the strip.

Until I got this LS1 that LT1 was the best car I have ever owned.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

pretty good. something's amiss in the supercharged LT1 there. his loss, your win.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Silver
    1997 Corvette

How you doing mmr23, nice to meet you on here also.
    I have my Nitrous setup sorted now and my buddy is helping me do my SLP LT's this weekend using his workshop ramp so I maybe able to hit the 12's on the motor along when I get back to the track.

Definately be hitting 12's on the spray this time!

Cheers Andy

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

good deal

Silver
    1997 Corvette

Here's the Video of the Vortech Supercharged T/A racing a Ford Lightning at the same meeting. I raced him later that day.

http://media.putfile.com/VortechTA-v-lightning

In the vid if you pause it right near the end you will see the T/A runs 13.48 against the Lightnings 13.41.

WHY DOES MY SIGNATURE NOT APPEAR HERE? ANYONE KNOW WHY?

Thread Information