Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

I'm not going to lie...

I got my ass handed to me this time...

Well I was leaving the local hang out where all the big boys meet up. I run into a group of Camaros, TAs, and Mustangs. I pull up next to a TA not sure if it was a WS6 or not and we got a run in. Started at I want to say some where around 65-70. I was in 4th, which generally is a good spot for that gear. I look over and see 3 gauges on the guys pillar, right then I think fuck I've lost, I'm sure hes spraying or something. Well, I go for it anyway, I love to lose cause its a better race, or when it is neck and neck I love those. Anyway, we both punch it. By the time I reach 5th hes got a car or so on me, then mid way through 5th he's got about another half car to car, but stopped pulling. Great race over all. I really like to see what a fast car is like. I definentyl can't wait until wednesday, when I get tuned now. Anyway, anyone know what he could have possibly had done. I didn't hear a blower so I just assumed a nice shot of n2o.

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Dont feel bad. I lost to a gto once and i have 340whp with a blown clutch. He probaly had bolt ons. That almost sounds exactly how i lost except we went from 80 to 105.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Do you have any idea what the gearing is in the m6? At 65 2nd is still usable. THere is a lot of torque to be had. 2nd gear! At 90 4th is a head snap. Maybe you need to take a ride in a ws6 one time and you will get an idea of what the gearing is. Not trying to be an ass, just Captain Obvious.

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater
    Do you have any idea what the gearing is in the m6? At 65 2nd is still usable. THere is a lot of torque to be had. 2nd gear! At 90 4th is a head snap. Maybe you need to take a ride in a ws6 one time and you will get an idea of what the gearing is. Not trying to be an ass, just Captain Obvious.
    That might be your car but it's not mine. I'm not trying to be an ass but there are other cars on the road other than yours. I really don't care what gear he was in, I was stating what gear I was in. I need to be around 3500rpms so I get all the boost and no lag.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

are you realizing that he's talking about his car which is a STI and not an f-body? Not trying to be an ass, just Captain Obvious.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23
    are you realizing that he's talking about his car which is a STI and not an f-body? Not trying to be an ass, just Captain Obvious.
    Thats great

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i think az gt eater was saying that to prove a point to the sti guy point being that the reason why he lost was because the TA had it in a lower gear, and got a good jump on him,

i dont think he was spraying, if he was he'da killed you assuming you are near stock?

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

the ls1's are highway monster, a shot of N2O on the freeway is gonna send that LS1 screaming up to 150 mph in no time, you could be completely stock and murder a ls1 from a dig tho

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

I'm not stock and not near stock. I can take a Camaro Z28 and SS from a roll...

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

It is said that ss camaro and ls2 gto are almost identical when going from a roll.

Assuming both are stock yes they are quite identical.

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Yes indeed.

NBM
    '00 Z28

It's nearly impossible to tell you what he had done. It could've been all bolt ons, a cam, maybe H/C/I, or as you said possibly a shot of N20. Tough to say.

Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    I'm not stock and not near stock. I can take a Camaro Z28 and SS from a roll...

so how come you lost to a T/A

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by whitelightnin99
    so how come you lost to a T/A
    I don't think he was stock... The SS and other cars I have raced had like exhaust and intake. This guy was running three gauges, so I think something else was up under the hood.

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Well lets see. Gauge#1 was a compass meter. Gauge#2 was a temperature meter, and gauge #3 was probably a clock. JK im bored today. You win some you lose some. I have lost 3 - C5 vette, LS2 GTO, and the one who smoked me, a turbo audi. And i have won 6 - Z28 nos, SRT4 stage2, mustangs, ect.. LS1's and 2's are the better competition and the most you see on the road too.

red
    1999 Trans am

Hey I'm about to race a 03 evo V/// . He only has a blowoff valve what do you think will happen EVO8 DRIVER. Any suggestions.
    Red 99 Trans am A4. STS Turbo, K&N, Thomas Racing chip, Tail waste gate, Slp mass airflow sensor,and TB bypass. Soon to be running 12.4

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I CAN REED I saw what type of car you had. Thanks, I am just saying that gearing will help a lot. When I come up on one of those Wrx's on 1-10 with my ws6 instead of the damn work truck I will report back. I just know that a wrx won't have the snap at 70 or 120 that I have. Maybe when the driver figures out what gear he needs to be in... I will lose. who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by RedT/Anumber1
    Hey I'm about to race a 03 evo V/// . He only has a blowoff valve what do you think will happen EVO8 DRIVER. Any suggestions.

Youre going pull him easy. A blow off valve doesnt add any power so its stock basically.

I CAN REED I saw what type of car you had. Thanks, I am just saying that gearing will help a lot. When I come up on one of those Wrx's on 1-10 with my ws6 instead of the damn work truck I will report back. I just know that a wrx won't have the snap at 70 or 120 that I have. Maybe when the driver figures out what gear he needs to be in... I will lose. who knows?
    Your car has more snap at 70 or 120 because it has 100+ more whp than a WRX. Even if its an STi youll still have an extra 60-70whp more (assuming stock vs stock).

Thread Information