Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2002 WS6

Ford GT takes on C6 Z06 and gets ass kicked

Hark_Z
    HOLY SHIT that was amazing!!!!

red
    96 ss

i saw a show this weekend either dream car garage or sports car relvoution. both shows have the same folks in them. anyway someone bought a ford gt in for a tune up and some work to (i think) sean highland. all they said was they changed either the TB or the airintake and did some electrical work
    (no they didn go into detail) and got 130 more hp out of it . kind of scary but you are dealing with factory supercharger setup , should have room for improvment. anyway great video nice to see owners of cars like that drive them like they were built for.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by jasonisdn
    i saw a show this weekend either dream car garage or sports car relvoution. both shows have the same folks in them. anyway someone bought a ford gt in for a tune up and some work to (i think) sean highland. all they said was they changed either the TB or the airintake and did some electrical work
    (no they didn go into detail) and got 130 more hp out of it . kind of scary but you are dealing with factory supercharger setup , should have room for improvment. anyway great video nice to see owners of cars like that drive them like they were built for.
    yeah... but just imagine the Z06 with a s/c or turbo... i know it has super high compression but damn... it would be nice...

Torrid Red
    05 GTO

Damn! A $140k+ car gettin beat by by something costing just over half as much, very sad

red
    96 ss

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Spaz
    yeah... but just imagine the Z06 with a s/c or turbo... i know it has super high compression but damn... it would be nice...
    i would say add headers,cam, custom tune,and see if AI can get more out of the heads on it and that thing would be a total pain in the ass to almost everyone on the street (as far as street legal daily drivers go and dont try to sneak a car in here that cant pass inspection anywhere except your friends place lol) that will happen soon and i cant wait to see it.

red
    1994 mustang gt

The Z06 is a great car but I dont think that video does the Ford GT any justice. The guy could not drive and IIRC, that is the first time he drove a manual in that race.

NBM
    '00 Z28

what does IIRC mean?

Legend Lime
    2005 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    what does IIRC mean?
    If I Recall correctly

NBM
    '00 Z28

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo94gt
    The Z06 is a great car but I dont think that video does the Ford GT any justice. The guy could not drive and IIRC, that is the first time he drove a manual in that race.
    on the page the link takes you to where the actual video is, it says the GT owner has a 700 hp C5, and has made numerous racing videos and that he could drive really well.

Both cars looked sweet, and I wouldn't have expected that Z to pull that hard on the GT.

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

Quote Originally Posted by BigBeaver
    Both cars looked sweet, and I wouldn't have expected that Z to pull that hard on the GT.
    Like a Z pulling on a GT
    Z28 pulling on a mustang Gt

Awaiting Activation
    I haven't been on the net in awhile. Apparently you are the same Black R/A from a year ago. How do you have 8 posts? You get banned and then registered later?

Who cares. I'll take a GT over a Z06 any day of the week. That goes for most people. The new vette is the ugliest vette yet with the exception maybe of an '84. Blatant copy of a Viper.

Stock for stock the GT will win on a drag strip. It's trapping 4-5 mph faster that a Z in the 1/4. The GT doesn't have traction control so it would take more skill getting it off the line. And no, the guy can't drive. Just because he has a 700 HP vette means nothing except he couldn't drive that car either. It kills me when someone rates a car from a street kill.

NBM
    '00 Z28

Oh god. Here we go again.

Black
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped03
    I haven't been on the net in awhile. Apparently you are the same Black R/A from a year ago. How do you have 8 posts? You get banned and then registered later?
    No, I just haven't been active here since the board went down.

Who cares. I'll take a GT over a Z06 any day of the week. That goes for most people.
    Speak for yourself. And yeah, I'd probably take the GT on looks too. But any serious racer would take the vette because it's quicker in the quarter.

The new vette is the ugliest vette yet with the exception maybe of an '84. Blatant copy of a Viper.
    A blatant copy that outsells the Viper by 4:1. In fact, it's the world's best selling two-seater V8 sports car.

Stock for stock the GT will win on a drag strip. It's trapping 4-5 mph faster that a Z in the 1/4. The GT doesn't have traction control so it would take more skill getting it off the line. And no, the guy can't drive. Just because he has a 700 HP vette means nothing except he couldn't drive that car either. It kills me when someone rates a car from a street kill.
    Yes, yes, we've all heard the mindless excuses before. Whenever a Ford loses there's always a litany of BS on how the guy couldn't drive and how he missed a shift blah, blah, blah.

Trap speed BTW measures horsepower and is no guarantee you'll win a race. It has been proven several times that the C6 Z06 is faster in the 1/4 mile. The vette has 500hp and is much lighter than the GT.

It kills me when someone rates a car from a street kill.
    Don't shit me, you're just like the rest of the Ford soreheads. You know your prized GT with the pickup truck engine just got bitch-slapped by a car that costs half as much. You can't stand it and you're blaming it all on me. Boo hoo, hoo.

Last edited by Black R/A; 05-19-2006 at 04:35 PM.

Black
    Camaro A4

what gets me is that he's still on here at all. He's been on this site for some YEARS!

Black
    Camaro A4

as for the race, good stuff!

but can the Z handle the corners as well as the GT?

the ole cobra R was slightly slower then the C5 Z06 but handled better IIRC

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason05GTO
    Damn! A $140k+ car gettin beat by by something costing just over half as much, very sad
    About as funny as my 03 Cobra maybe half the price of the Z06 handing the Z it's ass.

Because the guy has a 700 HP C5 means he can drive. Yeah? And Al Gore can prove global warming with any other evidence than that black die crap he sprays on that huge bald spot running down his face from sweating when he's throwing a fit. All it means is he can't drive the Z either.

The driver lost. GT is 530 to 550 rwhp and about 300 pounds over in weight. They are trapping 3-4 mph faster than a Z in the 1/4.

There are very few people that would take a Z over the GT. Put a GT and the Z in a prking lot and see which gets more attention. Hell, you see one C6 Z06 you seen another Viper.

Last edited by Pumped03; 05-20-2006 at 04:35 AM.

Black
    2002 WS6

Face it, the Z is faster. Get over it. And there has never been a Cobra that could beat a Z06, dreamer.

Thread Information