Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lancer EVO

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Then i must have a horribly worn out stock clutch!! 23k on it And pushing at least 100whp over stock. When i try to launch, nothing grips at all!!! Not even when i WOT in 2nd gear!!

Yeah it all depends how you take care of it. Some people burn the stock clutch out in 5k miles. Im at 50k and on the stocker with more power than you!

White
    2005 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman
    Stock Evos are no competition for stock LS1's from a roll. Its ownage, by many carlengths. Evos and STi's aren't anything special from a roll at all, they are only fast from a dig, since they can outlaunch just about anything with their AWD.
    I've never seen a stock LS1 trap any higher than 102-104 at our track, which is pretty equal with most STis/Evos. I've seen ETs around 13.2-13.5 on drag radials. Now, I suspect that in the upper gears the LS1 is still going to pull a bit but it's far from being "ownage" by any means.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Fiend
    I've never seen a stock LS1 trap any higher than 102-104 at our track, which is pretty equal with most STis/Evos. I've seen ETs around 13.2-13.5 on drag radials. Now, I suspect that in the upper gears the LS1 is still going to pull a bit but it's far from being "ownage" by any means.
    Umm no. Most LS1's are putting down between 290-310WHP stock, STI's put down about 240WHP. Thats a 50-60WHP difference, which isn't even close from a roll. Maybe the F-body guys at your track just can't drive (or maybe you're at higher elevation), but LS1's trap much higher than 102-104MPH. More like 107 to 108MPH on average.

Heres a video of an LS1 GTO with a Borla Catback vs. a Subaru STI with an exhaust and tuning. The results speak for themselves.

GTO vs. STI

Umm no. Most LS1's are putting down between 290-310WHP stock, STI's put down about 240WHP. Thats a 50-60WHP difference, which isn't even close from a roll. Maybe the F-body guys at your track just can't drive (or maybe you're at higher elevation), but LS1's trap much higher than 102-104MPH. More like 107 to 108MPH on average.

Im going to agree with that 100%

White
    2005 WRX STi

Heres a video of an LS1 GTO with a Borla Catback vs. a Subaru STI with an exhaust and tuning. The results speak for themselves.

GTO vs. STI
    I'm just telling you what I've seen. The track is at 700ft, so perhaps the 3 or 4 that I've seen and a couple that I've raced are just horrible drivers. Also they are Z28s and WS6s, not newer 2004+ GTOs. Just as some STi drivers have hit 12.9s @ 105, I've never seen it and wouldn't call it the norm. It's certainly not a slow track either as there were modded Z28s and Vettes there running low 11s and stock STis running low 13s @ over 101-103.

Seriously, I know you love your car and are frustrated that a turbo sedan with 4 doors out-handles, out-brakes, and can sometimes out-drag your beloved V8 sports car, but why are you showing me videos of a modded GTO? I could show you videos of modded STi's raping GTOs and WS6s as well. Hell, one guy with just an exhaust and ECU tuning (USDM STi) ran 12.5 @ 110mph recently. The STi is far from being rice as you like to repeatedly remind us.

Thankfully most of the people here seem to be enthusiasts and don't act like fanboys.
    Last edited by Fiend; 05-16-2006 at 07:29 AM.

White
    2005 WRX STi

OK, we shouldn't be arguing as apparently all it takes to beat a LS1 is a RSX-S with bolt-ons:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...=383337&page=2

(and no, I don't believe any of that for a second.)

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Seriously, I know you love your car and are frustrated that a turbo sedan with 4 doors out-handles, out-brakes, and can sometimes out-drag your beloved V8 sports car, but why are you showing me videos of a modded GTO? I could show you videos of modded STi's raping GTOs and WS6s as well. Hell, one guy with just an exhaust and ECU tuning (USDM STi) ran 12.5 @ 110mph recently. The STi is far from being rice as you like to repeatedly remind us.

Thankfully most of the people here seem to be enthusiasts and don't act like fanboys.
    Frustrated?? No, not at all. Thats all great that your ugly ass 4 door sedan can out handle and outbrake my car by a few tenths of a MPH or a few feet, but I honestly don't give a shit.

I put the video up to show you that STI's don't hang with LS1's, especially not from a roll. Both cars in that video had aftermarket exhausts, and the STI had some tuning as well. The STI got the launch (expected) but the GTO caught up quickly and walked it hard. Thats how it goes, whether you like it or not.

I don't see how you think the STI is "far from being rice", its the epitomy of factory rice. Its a basic 4 door family sedan with a body kit, massive wing, turbo, and a nice fart can out back. It sounds like complete garbage, and looks like a charicature of itself. Please

Black
    '03 Cobra

=
    I don't see how you think the STI is "far from being rice", its the epitomy of factory rice. Its a basic 4 door family sedan with a body kit, massive wing, turbo, and a nice fart can out back. It sounds like complete garbage, and looks like a charicature of itself. Please
    Lemme get this straight - a guy who drives a gold Trans Am is dissing an import because it has "a body kit" and a "massive wing"?

OMG...

Get over yourself, Wes-fan-BOY.

White
    2005 WRX STi

Frustrated?? No, not at all. Thats all great that your ugly ass 4 door sedan can out handle and outbrake my car by a few tenths of a MPH or a few feet, but I honestly don't give a shit.

I put the video up to show you that STI's don't hang with LS1's, especially not from a roll. Both cars in that video had aftermarket exhausts, and the STI had some tuning as well. The STI got the launch (expected) but the GTO caught up quickly and walked it hard. Thats how it goes, whether you like it or not.

Uh, rice is usually attributed to something that has a ton of crap on it that isn't functional. Hood scoop, functional. Large Brembos, functional. Stupidly sticky tires (almost Rs), functional. Wing, functional. Air splitters, underbody cladding, functional. Jeez, sounds like rice to me. Fart can? The boxer engine is probably one of the nicest sounding engines in the 4 cylinder world, especially when it is opened up with a bigger exhaust.

I'm not going to pretend the STi is a pretty car but looks are subjective. The STi looks much like the WRC rally car, which looks pretty nice. The Cusco road racing versions are incredible. It's taken a bit but I've grown to like the STi's looks. Personally, I can't stand the looks of the modern Camaro. In my opinion it looks ungainly, unoriginal, and drab. The WS6 version is definitely an improvement but still far from being what I would call beautiful. The GTO is slightly better looking but still just blends in with all the other Grand Ams, GTPs, etc.

You seem more concerned about appearances than overall performance. I bought my car for one reason - to tear up autox and road courses and have a pretty quick car that is useful for other things. I can comfortably seat 3 extra people, pack the dog up in the back, handle bad weather extremely well, etc.

So what if a modded GTO (or stock 05) can blow my stock STi away in a straightline? Oh wait, I don't have to worry about those in Canada, since they aren't sold here. Either way, drag racing isn't my top priority. If it was, I would have a Cobra (or best of both worlds C6 Z06 .)

Anyhow, this is pointless arguing.

Edit:

I kind of like how this one sounds:
    http://www.carrito.net/bigvalley/700whp.wmv
    Last edited by Fiend; 05-16-2006 at 08:01 PM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by cj8718
    Lemme get this straight - a guy who drives a gold Trans Am is dissing an import because it has "a body kit" and a "massive wing"?

OMG...

Get over yourself, Wes-fan-BOY.
    You can't be serious. You are obviously only on this site to troll, you have no vehicle listed, and you only have 11 posts.

This is an LS1 forum in case you didn't notice, meaning insulting Trans Ams makes you look like a fucking moron, which you probably are anyway. My car doesn't have a tacky bodykit nor a masive wing, its a stock Trans Am WS6, meaning a Muscle car, not a stupid riceburner. And whats wrong with Gold Metallic?? Its a stock Pontiac color from 98, and it looks damn nice IMO, so take your opinion and jam it. Go away, trolls aren't welcome here

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Uh, rice is usually attributed to something that has a ton of crap on it that isn't functional. Hood scoop, functional. Large Brembos, functional. Stupidly sticky tires (almost Rs), functional. Wing, functional. Air splitters, underbody cladding, functional. Jeez, sounds like rice to me. Fart can? The boxer engine is probably one of the nicest sounding engines in the 4 cylinder world, especially when it is opened up with a bigger exhaust.
    So I guess the body kit and aluminum wings seen on riced out Civics serve a purpose too?? Just face it, 90% of the add ons the STI has are nothing more than for looks. I just can't see underbody cladding coming in useful on your daily commute to work

I'll agree about the engine - it is one of the nicest sounding 4 bangers - however the key word is 4 banger. It still sounds like crap compared to a V6 or V8.

I'm not going to pretend the STi is a pretty car but looks are subjective. The STi looks much like the WRC rally car, which looks pretty nice. The Cusco road racing versions are incredible. It's taken a bit but I've grown to like the STi's looks. Personally, I can't stand the looks of the modern Camaro. In my opinion it looks ungainly, unoriginal, and drab. The WS6 version is definitely an improvement but still far from being what I would call beautiful. The GTO is slightly better looking but still just blends in with all the other Grand Ams, GTPs, etc.
    The WS6 is an improvement on the Camaro?? Umm.....

Black
    '03 Cobra

You can't be serious. You are obviously only on this site to troll, you have no vehicle listed, and you only have 11 posts.

This is an LS1 forum in case you didn't notice, meaning insulting Trans Ams makes you look like a fucking moron, which you probably are anyway. My car doesn't have a tacky bodykit nor a masive wing, its a stock Trans Am WS6, meaning a Muscle car, not a stupid riceburner. And whats wrong with Gold Metallic?? Its a stock Pontiac color from 98, and it looks damn nice IMO, so take your opinion and jam it. Go away, trolls aren't welcome here
    How are you able to type while rubbing all the tears out of your (sniff) eyes?

Your car has an enormous, non-functional wing. It's also loaded w/ body cladding that's also non-functional. How you can possibly rip an STI for having the same things (though the STI's wing actually does something positive) is beyond me. Keep trying to justify it, though.

BTW, who insulted your car (other than you)? I mean, if you hate cars w/ cladding and spoilers you must be into some serious self-loathing since you not only drive one but you spend time in forums talking about them. You have my pity.

Oh, I drive a 300C AWD, a lightly modded Evo XIII and a '57 T-Bird. I'm about to add either a LS2 GTO or a new Vette. If I found an SS Conv that I liked I'd also consider that.

Why am I here? Because I feel like it - quit your whining. You made a ridiculous statement and got OWNED because of it. Consider it part of your education.

black
    05 evo

dont forget the heads and cam that gto in the vid has

White
    2005 WRX STi

So I guess the body kit and aluminum wings seen on riced out Civics serve a purpose too?? Just face it, 90% of the add ons the STI has are nothing more than for looks. I just can't see underbody cladding coming in useful on your daily commute to work
    No, because they are front wheel drive and most of those aftermarket elcheapo wings weren't designed in a wind tunnel. Our cars are biased towards RWD and at speeds of over 100km/h the rear wing reduces lift.

Believe it or not, the underbody cladding cleans up the airflow passing under the car and, honestly, my car isn't a daily commuter. It regularly sees 160-200+ km/h. Obviously, this stuff won't help when autoxing. The 06 models also have a rear defuser that helps cleanup the air flow even more.

I'll agree about the engine - it is one of the nicest sounding 4 bangers - however the key word is 4 banger. It still sounds like crap compared to a V6 or V8.
    Well, that I agree can't be argued. Nothing beats the roar of a V8 at WOT, well, except maybe a V10.

The WS6 is an improvement on the Camaro?? Umm.....
    Body style, even if it is all cosmetic.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by cj8718
    How are you able to type while rubbing all the tears out of your (sniff) eyes?

Your car has an enormous, non-functional wing. It's also loaded w/ body cladding that's also non-functional. How you can possibly rip an STI for having the same things (though the STI's wing actually does something positive) is beyond me. Keep trying to justify it, though.

BTW, who insulted your car (other than you)? I mean, if you hate cars w/ cladding and spoilers you must be into some serious self-loathing since you not only drive one but you spend time in forums talking about them. You have my pity.

Oh, I drive a 300C AWD, a lightly modded Evo XIII and a '57 T-Bird. I'm about to add either a LS2 GTO or a new Vette. If I found an SS Conv that I liked I'd also consider that.

Why am I here? Because I feel like it - quit your whining. You made a ridiculous statement and got OWNED because of it. Consider it part of your education.
    You are one very cocky newbie for just joining this month and only having 12 posts. You're the kind of kid that would randomly insult someone on the first day of school and get punched square in the face. Lucky for you this is the internet.

Despite what your jaded views are, the Trans Am and STI don't share anything in common. The T/A was designed to look exactly like it does, and the spoiler, not wing, is not in the least bit out of place or tacky. The STi is merely a factory riced out Impreza sedan, which was never meant to be a performance vehicle. Its merely a family sedan with a turbo engine and a body kit and wing. The F-Body was designed to be a mucle car from the start. Get a clue before you open your mouth and make yourself look like an idiot.

The only one "whining" here is you, you're the one that addressed me in regards to one of my posts, so if you want to stop, then STFU newb

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Body style, even if it is all cosmetic.
    Perhaps I'm misinterpreting you. You say the WS6 is an improvement on the Camaro, but there is no such things as a WS6 Camaro. The WS6 is a Trans Am, so perhaps you mean the Trans Am WS6 is an improvement on the Camaro??

Either that or you just don't have a clue what you're talking about, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...

Black
    '03 Cobra

What a clown. Read your posts again (and try to keep your lips from moving when you do). Notice the name-calling? Yup, that was you. How about the double-standards? Oh, don't know what that means? Go axe yer mommy.

Quote Originally Posted by WesWishesHeWasAMan
    Despite what your jaded views are, the Trans Am and STI don't share anything in common. The T/A was designed to look exactly like it does, and the spoiler, not wing, is not in the least bit out of place or tacky.
    Correct me if I'm wrong (though I'm not wrong) but the T/A is an offshoot of the Formula as well as base T/A models w/ none of that stuff (and a V-6 to boot). That car, by the way, has no body cladding (ground effects) though it does have the requisite non-functional doodad on the trunk. Unless, of course, you're talking about a Firehawk (which you wish you owned). Same drivetrain, same body. Oooooh.... hurts, doesn't it?

Time for another lesson: a spoiler is nothing more than a device to disturb the flow of air (spoiling the aerodynamics) in such a way as to push the rear of the car down to the road. Since that thing on your car isn't functional it can't properly be called a spoiler, now can it? A good place to rest your beer or Astroglide, though.

Now that we've got that solved, what do you really think we should call that thing bolted to trunk? I mean, we've proved it's not a spoiler or a wing. I vote for "tail" or, better yet, "fin".

Quote Originally Posted by WesFanBoi
    You're the kind of kid that would randomly insult someone on the first day of school and get punched square in the face. Lucky for you this is the internet.
    Nice threat, sonny. Empty but nice. Weak minds almost always resort to this tactic when they can't make an intelligent argument. Hold on... I forgot for a sec that I'm supposed to act scared. Here you go:

BTW, please include in your response post the text of all the insults I've hurled at you. It's called cut and paste... use it. I'll be laughing at you while I wait...

Quote Originally Posted by WesWannaBeAMan
    ...then STFU newb
    Nope.
    Last edited by cj8718; 05-18-2006 at 01:45 PM.

White
    2001 Trans Am

CJ8718. Hey man. Wesman might have made some rude comments, but you need to realize where you are. When you go slamming on T/A's you piss on the thousands of owners on this LS1 board. Remember, this is a LS1 board. And as far as I am concerned, we are just letting yall visit because you have nowhere else to go. Kinda like charity...think Katrina "victims".
    You are not going to get welcome arms here when you drive an import . Just a little FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by mavrikZ
    Remember, this is a LS1 board. And as far as I am concerned, we are just letting yall visit because you have nowhere else to go.
    http://www.evolutionm.net

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information