Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ28 View Post
    i did this also...i appologize for the quality of my pictures...damn cat spilled koolaid on my camera...but here ya go

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Is there a write-up on how to do this?

Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by 666ws6 View Post
    Your gauge face really lights up a nice blue. I did the same with Blue led bulbs from superbright but for some reason, mine is kinda spotty. There are a couple areas not as bright blue comapred to the ones right near the bulbs. As for the needles, I wired up little red LED's behind each needle, so they really light up red. That way the blue gauge with red needles matches my Cobalt pillar gauges. I'll try to take pics once it's all together.
    Where are the pics of your setup??

NBM
    2000 Trans Am Ws6 #2946

Quote Originally Posted by Mieux97 View Post
    Is there a write-up on how to do this?
    Our firebird have red inlays on the back of the cluster. So in order to go blue, you have sand the back of the cluster sheet to remove the red. PITA, but it can be done with patience. Then it's just buying LED bulbs to replace in the back.

I still have all my parts out of the car as I'm trying to add some more LEDs to smooth out the appearance. Hopefully it's done next weekend.

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Quote Originally Posted by 666ws6 View Post
    Our firebird have red inlays on the back of the cluster. So in order to go blue, you have sand the back of the cluster sheet to remove the red. PITA, but it can be done with patience. Then it's just buying LED bulbs to replace in the back.

I still have all my parts out of the car as I'm trying to add some more LEDs to smooth out the appearance. Hopefully it's done next weekend.
    It sounds like a PITA.....I'd have to have a back-up in case I messed up, but it looks bad ass!!

Black
    2001 WS6

i did this also...i appologize for the quality of my pictures...damn cat spilled koolaid on my camera...but here ya go

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    hey how did you do the door led's? im trying to do mine, but how do you get the red lense out of there?

Black
    2001 WS6

I just did mine last night, where the light connects to you can snap off ( and re stick it with good blue or plastic cement). you can take a small flathead screwdriver and start breaking a tiny bit off of it, then the red lense inside will come out. Now, you can do one of two things, either throw away the whole bit, and glue the led to the hole, or, you can take the red piece out, and dremel it down to where the led goes past it in the tube that connects to the back of the door bezel. If its not down enough, the light from the led will get tainted from the red. I'm in teh process of either staying with my focused beam led, or going with a frosted one for a glow effect. When I can, I'll get some pictures up. I need to get brighter LEDs for the map lights, if you change these, get the brighter 5 led ones, they look like they'd work well. I'll send a picture text to joshidoom and maybe he can post it up.

Indigo Blue
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Can someone tell me whitch led bulbs to use for Trans am tail and brake lights?

White
    1999 Camaro SS

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    do you know if you can change the lights like check engine and all of those goodies looks really good and was this a pain?

also can you paint the needles or get some different ones like aftermarket im doing blue an white inside

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

yes you can change the colors of the ses, brake,turnsignals,and all that jazz...but it requires taking the entire cluster apart, and removing the orange/red/green or what ever colored inlay that is there from factory...it can be done with a nice acetone and some rubbing with say a q-tip. and then replacing the white bulb with what ever color you want led....a guy who is a sponsor here has a ton of gauge needles that he sells. because you cannot paint the needles, as they are a translucent needle (meaning their see through) allowing the light to pass thru them lighting them up. but you can remoe your needles for these and have any color needles you want

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=187

also to answer your question on if it was a pain. it was honeslty a 5 minute job. very simple to do once the cluster is removed
    Last edited by SteveCZ28; 03-26-2010 at 09:32 AM.

White
    1999 Camaro SS

yes you can change the colors of the ses, brake,turnsignals,and all that jazz...but it requires taking the entire cluster apart, and removing the orange/red/green or what ever colored inlay that is there from factory...it can be done with a nice acetone and some rubbing with say a q-tip. and then replacing the white bulb with what ever color you want led....a guy who is a sponsor here has a ton of gauge needles that he sells. because you cannot paint the needles, as they are a translucent needle (meaning their see through) allowing the light to pass thru them lighting them up. but you can remoe your needles for these and have any color needles you want

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=187

also to answer your question on if it was a pain. it was honeslty a 5 minute job. very simple to do once the cluster is removed
    alright thanks looks like a really cool mod to go do but pricey after all of it like the trim lights overlay i might wait on this one

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

uhm everything cost me like 18 bucks....the lights for the gauge cluster, hvac,gearshifter(a4) and the 2 doors

White
    1999 Camaro SS

uhm everything cost me like 18 bucks....the lights for the gauge cluster, hvac,gearshifter(a4) and the 2 doors
    no i mean like the 200mph cluster an all the goodies to go with it

Black
    F250

How hard to remove the dash cluster to put those blue bulbs in? Also, you said they are 194 bulbs for the dash, what about the hvac and the doors?

White
    2000 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by RedSmokey View Post
    How hard to remove the dash cluster to put those blue bulbs in? Also, you said they are 194 bulbs for the dash, what about the hvac and the doors?
    I just did all my lights this morning and it looks balla!! Haha. The dash is actually kinda a b word to get out but if you have any car savvy I'm sure you can figure it out. Here is my list of what I bought which was spot on except I needed one more x5 wide led for the instrument cluster.
    2 | 74-xHP3 Wedge Base LED bulb | $ 3.49 |
    Red 74-RHP3
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    5 | WLED-x5 LED Wide Angle LED bulb | $ 2.99 |
    Red WLED-R5
    1 | NEOx High Power LED Instrument bulb | $ 2.29 |
    Red NEOx-RHP 3mm NEO3-xHP
    I still need another 74 I think it is for the shift plate. Honestly though this is a great mod. It looks amazing at night compared to that dull stock color and I did the whole thing in an hour.

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

anyone have an idea what led light will replace the main interior thats mounted above the rear of the center console?

Black
    F250

Quote Originally Posted by alucarusz28 View Post
    I just did all my lights this morning and it looks balla!! Haha. The dash is actually kinda a b word to get out but if you have any car savvy I'm sure you can figure it out. Here is my list of what I bought which was spot on except I needed one more x5 wide led for the instrument cluster.
    2 | 74-xHP3 Wedge Base LED bulb | $ 3.49 |
    Red 74-RHP3
    5 | WLED-x5 LED Wide Angle LED bulb | $ 2.99 |
    Red WLED-R5
    1 | NEOx High Power LED Instrument bulb | $ 2.29 |
    I still need another 74 I think it is for the shift plate. Honestly though this is a great mod. It looks amazing at night compared to that dull stock color and I did the whole thing in an hour.
    Yea, I did mine a couple weeks after I posted in here. I just said f#($ it and started pulling the dash apart lol. Wasnt to bad, except I was in the driveway and it started raining lol. But it looks good, and I have had it for months now with no problems.

White
    2000 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by RedSmokey View Post
    Yea, I did mine a couple weeks after I posted in here. I just said f#($ it and started pulling the dash apart lol. Wasnt to bad, except I was in the driveway and it started raining lol. But it looks good, and I have had it for months now with no problems.
    Haha. Nice. Ya I just finished the two door panel lights and the shift plate. It looks so sweet. Eventually I wanna completely convert to led and do the map lights, glove box, and cargo light. At this point I'm satisfied though. Right now I really wanna do the steering wheel controls but I haven't found any good information on the bulbs or how to do it though. I guess I'll just have to yank it out and find out. Haha.

White
    2000 camaro

Ok guys!! Here is literally EVERYTHING you need for a complete LED switch for the interior, minus the steering wheel controls which need to be soldered in as well the ASR and fog light switches. I got sick of reading ten pages to see exactly what you needed to get. Obviously the color is your choice but otherwise this is it exactly. The cargo light is the only thing that is a little tricky because the rigid loop only points one way. I just soldered an extension pointing downwards and its fine. There are 8 total for the instrument cluster but you only need six. Also I know everyone says 5-7, but from what I could tell it was six. The other two are just for the turn signal but if you feel the need to switch them go ahead. The cool white for the map, glove box, and cargo looks awesome. I highly recommend it and it looks really clean. All together I spent $68 dollars but I got it in three shipments, because I was just messing around with it here and there. If you get it all at once it would be cheaper. That’s pretty much it. Enjoy.

6 | WLED-x5 LED Wide Angle LED bulb Instrument cluster
    Red WLED-R5

1 | NEOx High Power LED Instrument bulb Headlight switch

3 | 74-xHP3 Wedge Base LED bulb 2 HVAC & 1 Shift plate(Auto)
    Red 74-RHP3

2 | 74-xHP Wedge Base LED Bulb Door Lights
    White 74-WHP

2 | 4410-x9 LED Festoon bulb Map Lights
    Cool White 4410-CW9 2.25

1 | WLED-x5 LED Wide Angle LED bulb Glove Box
    Cool White WLED-CW5 0.95

1 | RL4410-xHP9 Rigid Loop Festoon bulb Cargo Light
    Cool White RL4410-CWHP9 1.00

Where did u order ur light and was they hard to install I am looking for the same thing for my 99 trans am ws6 plz and thanks a lot

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by evanandboo View Post
    Where did u order ur light and was they hard to install I am looking for the same thing for my 99 trans am ws6 plz and thanks a lot

If you took the time to dig up a 6 year old post, youre capable of taking the extra 2 minutes to read this whole thread you would get all your answers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information