Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456723 ... LastLast

silver
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 11SecBatch
    you might be thinking about that boss shinodo mustang... ...lemme look...

here is a pic under the hood...it was 1994 ...it was stupid fast and was obviously never produced.. KILL i may be wrong but this is the only thing i seen for tool with in the 90's that was over 400 cubes.
    No, it's newer than that.

I remember reading about it in MotorTrend or Caranddriver. It was on the front cover of the magazine. Sometime between 1996 and 1999. The big key to what the car was was a sticker in front of the driver's side headllamp that had the engine size in Liters. (6.2 or 6.4 or something). It was powerful whatever it was.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I originally started this thread to provide info on "mass produced" cobra's (at least 100 made), not specialty mustangs that were a one time deal.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

I think the car "silverta2002" is talking about is the prototype "V10 Mustang" which was never put into production but car and driver did an arcticle a few years back on this car, maybe even drove the prototype, ( can't remember) it did have the sticker on the headlight, it said "6.2L V10", hope that is what you were talking about.

silver
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 05gtoautoX
    I think the car "silverta2002" is talking about is the prototype "V10 Mustang" which was never put into production but car and driver did an arcticle a few years back on this car, maybe even drove the prototype, ( can't remember) it did have the sticker on the headlight, it said "6.2L V10", hope that is what you were talking about.
    I think we're mixing the two cars up. The 2003 Boss v10 mustang was a 351 (5.8 liter). I looked it up. Very sweet! But no sticker in front of the headlight.

The 6.2 was something else.

silver
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    I originally started this thread to provide info on "mass produced" cobra's (at least 100 made), not specialty mustangs that were a one time deal.
    So what??

You posted a thread about info everyone should know anyways. It made me think of another Mustang. Moving on.....

Would you feel better if you posted the thread about a bunch of basic info, and it had ONE response saying, "yep." Then no discussion?

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by silverTA2002
    So what??

You posted a thread about info everyone should know anyways. It made me think of another Mustang. Moving on.....

Would you feel better if you posted the thread about a bunch of basic info, and it had ONE response saying, "yep." Then no discussion?
    Huh? Woke up on the wrong side of the bed today? I opened the thread to discuss what people will see on the street, NOT cars that are locked away in a warehouse somewhere by some collector deuche bag.

Some guy said he raced an 00 Cobra, thus this thread. Apparently he "didn't know."
    Last edited by Roastem; 06-05-2006 at 04:17 AM.

1966 Corvette Coupe

So what??

actually hearing "oh yeah now i get it" would be nice... i dont know y but every cobra story around here is a 2000... no joke go look at them... you barely ever see i raced a 99/01 cobra... i mean telling the 2 apart is easy because of the rear bumper... and the seats/center dash are different... but if you dont come up on them from the back all you have are badge, hood, wheels, and front bumper to go by (did they have the same wheels?) so i understand not being able to say i raced an 01 or a 99... just start saying new edge so 00 doesnt come out of your mouth...

and alot of stories around here say i just race an 03-04 and spanked its at... the typical responce is what mods you got... and you here well i have a lid and cat back... no you didnt just spank a term cobra son, you either got ahold of an 01/99 or you got ahold of a poser...

i rember one story a guy was telling where he whipped a term cobra (he was in a camaro i do beleive) down straight stretchs around the twisties every where... my buddies 99 does good enough in the curves that if he had enough power to pull me in the straight stretches he would be GONE... and hes trying to hang with an IRS z51 vette not a straight axle camaro... soo even if the guy wasnt racing a term that would blow by him in every curve and every straight away he would still have a new edge getting left behind in the straights and pulling hard on him in the curves...

granted i was putting a cobra r slow in the quarter, but atleast i know what stangs have superchargers and which dont...

-me

Black SVT & Silver WS6
    2003 SVT Cobra & 2002 WS6

No replacement for displacement.

Click for full size

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Corona-Extra
    I know right. Haterade must be on special this week.

Carbon Black Metallic
    04 GTO

I have no problem losing to a Cobra, of course that might be because I have one aswell... They are easy to make fast though mine only has acouple bolt-ons an ran a 8.0@92mph in the 1/8... Which reminds me I have to take my GTO out to the track again... Running a Tune, CAI and 150 shot now ...

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Dow04GTO
    I have no problem losing to a Cobra, of course that might be because I have one aswell... They are easy to make fast though mine only has acouple bolt-ons an ran a 8.0@92mph in the 1/8... Which reminds me I have to take my GTO out to the track again... Running a Tune, CAI and 150 shot now ...
    Must be an 03 Cobra to run that kind of time with a "few" bolt-ons.

silver
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

Huh? Woke up on the wrong side of the bed today? I opened the thread to discuss what people will see on the street, NOT cars that are locked away in a warehouse somewhere by some collector deuche bag.

Some guy said he raced an 00 Cobra, thus this thread. Apparently he "didn't know."
    Dude, ease up. You're the one with the attitude playing "thread nazi."

I'm just trying to add to the discussion. The listing of all the mustang models made me remember that one car.

silver
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

I opened the thread to discuss what people will see on the street, NOT cars that are locked away in a warehouse somewhere by some collector deuche bag.
    Did I miss the place in the forum rules where the thread starter gets to dictate the exact discussion in the thread?

I asked a question about one of your beloved mustangs. You should be happy.

Instead, you get your panties in a wad because it's not a production model.

For someone who's so anal about details on the mustang models, why get mad when I ask a mustang model question??

silver
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

Not to mention the fact that, just because it's rare, doesn't mean you won't see it on the street.

For example, this weekend I was at a dyno day with a 2002 Roush 380R.

In 2002, there were only 4 Roush 380Rs produced. All others were 360Rs.
    2002 Trans Am 6sp, SLP lid, Holley filter, Shaner S3 TB, Jet Hot long tubes and cats, FRA, HP tuners, Hotchkis STB and LCAs. TEA stage 1.5 5.3 heads, Comp 220/224 114 +2, UMI Boxed SFCs, Edelbrock PHR. Moser 9" 4.11 gears.

**FOR SALE**: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60478

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Did I miss the place in the forum rules where the thread starter gets to dictate the exact discussion in the thread?

I asked a question about one of your beloved mustangs. You should be happy.

Instead, you get your panties in a wad because it's not a production model.

For someone who's so anal about details on the mustang models, why get mad when I ask a mustang model question??
    Whoa, two words dude, anger management.

For your info, I didn't even direct that comment (specialty stangs) to you personally.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Dude, ease up. You're the one with the attitude playing "thread nazi."

I'm just trying to add to the discussion. The listing of all the mustang models made me remember that one car.
    Thanks for adding to the discussion.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Not to mention the fact that, just because it's rare, doesn't mean you won't see it on the street.

For example, this weekend I was at a dyno day with a 2002 Roush 380R.

In 2002, there were only 4 Roush 380Rs produced. All others were 360Rs.
    Provide more info on the 380R and 360R. I am not very familiar with the Roush stangs. I thought they were just lightly modded GT's with a riced out body kit.

Found this:
    http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time...4/04/roush.htm

400 HP? You said you went to dyno day and one of these cars was there, what did it put down?
    Last edited by Roastem; 06-06-2006 at 10:05 AM.

Carbon Black Metallic
    04 GTO

Must be an 03 Cobra to run that kind of time with a "few" bolt-ons.
    Yeah an 03 black

silver
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

Provide more info on the 380R and 360R. I am not very familiar with the Roush stangs. I thought they were just lightly modded GT's with a riced out body kit.

Found this:
    http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time...4/04/roush.htm

400 HP? You said you went to dyno day and one of these cars was there, what did it put down?
    He was there, but he didn't dyno when I was there. I think he was in line to dyno, but I didn't wait around. I had already been there for four hours.

Pretty good looking car though.

Peformance wise, I'm not that impressed. I raced a 360R when I was bone stock. We raced 3 times, and I had him by 1/2 a car each time. For a supercharged mustang, I would've expected more.

Then again, when the 03 Cobra came out, it kinda made the $50k, less powerful roush seem kinda pointless.

Lemans Blue
    06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by predator
    link didnt work for me, but if its for real... BUY IT!!!! it would be one of like 3... there was a rumor of a comemorative gold in 00... but they never made it because of the issues with the underpowered 99's... supposadly like 4 made it out through big wigs in the company... i have seen pics of one that was supposed to be real, but we all know how supposed to be works...

-me
    the 01 was going to be the 02. they put it out 6 months later than what they normally would have so decided to call it the 01.... (because of the HP issues you mentioned) The gold cobra was going to be an 8k option and was going to be mistic, changing colors from gold to red... kinda like the the mystic purple cobra from 96.

I hada 99, blew the engine and ended up with a 00 engine in it. later traded it in on a 01 because I never got enought use of the vert and wanted a coupe

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456723 ... LastLast

Thread Information